List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Current Thailand Trip- a few updates/reviews.

Liked

Re: Current Thailand Trip- a few updates/reviews.

I'm assuming they still have the parasailing going on Patong Beach. Spend an hour or two watching the humungous sized farang being dragged down the beach and into the air. It shouldn't be funny but it is.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    I'm assuming they still have the parasailing going on Patong Beach. Spend an hour or two watching the humungous sized farang being dragged down the beach and into the air. It shouldn't be funny but it is.
    What? No YouTube link?
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
    What? No YouTube link?
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

4. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (July 14th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by newalaan2 View Post
    Any other recent-ish Patong info?
    http://christianpfc.blogspot.com/201...29nov2016.html

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    Thanks for that, only occasionally dip into your blog, but when I do there's lots of great detailed info. We have differing needs/requirements/likes/dislikes regarding Thailand so while much of it doesn't apply to me there is still plenty which does interest me.

At one time there were so many members on this and other gay forums who, like myself, visited Patong/Phuket regularly, and offered up trip reports but now very few and far between. I used to visit twice a year every year at the start of trips, now I just stay in Jomtien for a change at the start of a trip. Looking back I see it's 3 years since I last visited. Since I'm with bf i'm not bothered about actually staying in the Paradise Complex as I/we usually do, so trying C&N Hotel along the road from the complex, VIP room there with low season promotion just over Bt1,000 a night, free one way transfer from airport included, as is breakfast (7-10am?...can't see me taking advantage of that!) also has parking facilities which is a blessing as we will hire a car and from experience getting parking near/in Paradise Complex very expensive and difficult to find free spaces. Not concerned about monsoon weather at that time of year (Sept/Oct)as I've experienced that many times in Phuket over the years and doesn't affect the enjoyment for me.

CURRENCY EXCHANGE BKK AIRPORT- PATTAYA.
    What I did forget to include in the trip report was money exchange experiences. On this trip I actually found the best exchange at Suvarabhumi airport on lowest floor where the access to BTS is. There was a Q of about 20 Chinese tourists at Superrich who were offering Bt43.25 per GBP, which after some quick online research on the internet, the day before and the day of arrival found to be the best I had seen. But just around the corner from Superrich (there are about 6 different exchange booths in the same location) was Value+ the exchange I used on my previous trip. They had no customers Q-ing and their rate was very slightly better at Bt43.35. I exchanged 4,000GBP here two lots of 2,000GBP as they ran out of Bt1,000 notes, and I had to do it in two separate transactions for some reason.

At one time T.T. exchange in Pattaya were far and away the best rates in Thailand, but since they opened so many branches around Pattaya, some directly across the street from other's their rate barely matches the best available. So the other exchange I did in Pattaya was done at the Chinese exchange outside of Friendship Supermarket, they are open to negotiate a bit better rate for over 1,000GBP especially if GBP notes are new/mint. The night I needed to exchange more further into the trip in Pattaya this small booth closed at 9pm, but there was a note which said to go to Friendship Supermarket next door if urgent exchange was required. The 'boss' came down to see to me, gave me a slightly better than advertised rate, all transacted in one of the backroom offices in Friendship shop. They had the money counter machine there and were very helpful.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by newalaan2 View Post
    Thanks for that, only occasionally dip into your blog, but when I do there's lots of great detailed info.
    Whenever I read it, the thing seems a sorry saga of failures with boys or boys who are failures

8. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (July 16th, 2017)

Liked

An accurate reflection of gay sex adventures then - rather than the ridiculously embellished accounts we read from people who IMHO can only possibly be total fantasists

10. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (July 17th, 2017), llz (July 17th, 2017)