List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Current Thailand Trip- a few updates/reviews.

Liked

Current Thailand Trip- a few updates/reviews.

Currently on a Thai trip and have been enjoying the Pattaya/Jomtien 'leg' for a good few days now and managed to find some time to check out the forum.

Generally quiet in Pattaya as all low season periods tend to be, Toyboys/Prisma and cupidol seem to be doing fine despite that. Last trip visited Prisma when it was host/beer bar most days as its a nice location in BT to catch the passing odds & sods of the soi and across from Toyboys always enjoyable. It was kinda odd to go in there this trip as a Gogo bar being old Funny Boys location, but enjoyable time there, some nice looking lads I recognised from other bars and enough customers to make the place look busy. Toyboys was busy on the two occasions I visited with plenty of Asian customers and probably one of the few bars still attracting decent amount of westerners. As with Prisma plenty of nice looking guys here but more non-thais than previously. Cupidol was less busyt than previous trip but still enough good looking twinks to make a visit worthwhile. BzBzBz had the largest contingent of staff with a big percentage of them non-thai. But crowded inside on the night we were there parked outside on the terrace for bfs birthday. Nothing really new to report, big cock show in BzBzBz was on the night we were there.

Low season made worse for Pattaya a few days ago when the new 'big boss' not sure of police/army or local government took office for the first change in about 4 years and immediately set about letting everyone know by declaring a 3am close down. Most of these initial 'big boss' arrivals last a couple nights but the 3am closure has been fairly strict. Even Marine Disco which opens all year round till 6am was shocked to have to comply for a couple nights but its back to normal hours while the rest of Pattaya/Walking St is 3am closing which is pretty useless for what Pattaya is known for. Even the side street karaokes have had to close, so it's looked dead by 3am all over Pattaya.

Sunee as usual for low season looks very quiet. Sad to see Eden Bar close for good 2 nights ago, it's managed to keep going through most of the ups and downs over the years but now for sale with all the furniture already sold to Diamond Bar next door. As far as i'm aware the closure was not really to do with poor trade, more decision taken for personal reasons. Winner Gogo has a few cute lads and drinks are very inexpensive but last night at 11pm I was only the 4th customer of the night, I always try to get round as many of the sunee bars as I can as every baht is needed there. Euro Boy bar usually closes for part of low season so was veru pleased to see it not only open but quite busy, some really nice lads work here manboys/twinks/gay and always great vibe about the place, the boys all like working there and get a generous Bt50 per drink bought for them by customers.

Diamond Bar, Sky bar had customers as did Double Shot on the nights it was open now with Happy Hour specials 5-10.30pm, Leo Bt45, standard spirits I think Bt50, only noticed the poster as I sat there/passed as I never get there before 12am. Nice Boys all man-boys just now and had a few customers when I was in by.

Also (probably too late with info)in town on soi sam just outside sunee/soiVC is festival with food stalls/cothes stalls and Thai Superstar concert nightly since 17th june or so, caught Maleehuana Band last week with their show sponsored by Tam Nan Issan and Chang, with Chang Towers for Bt515, nice outdoor festival feel to concert area, not huge but still enough for atmosphere, cost only bt120 for entry, cant remember how long it goes on this week, but for a it's a great evening out for a change from NAB etc if you take off a boy for a evenings enjoyment, not expensive night can be had. Night we were there arrived 10pm with Superstar on 10.30 to 12.30am.

Above just a quick update while I found time, will update more later inc Jomtien. Typed quickly and on small notebook so a few typo errors I cant be bothered changing.

2. 15 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (June 28th, 2017), Aux1010 (June 27th, 2017), BOY69 (July 1st, 2017), cdnmatt (June 27th, 2017), christianpfc (July 2nd, 2017), colmx (June 28th, 2017), Indianer (July 24th, 2017), llz (June 30th, 2017), Moses (June 27th, 2017), neddy3 (June 28th, 2017), rexton (June 28th, 2017), Smiles (July 7th, 2017), splinter1949 (June 27th, 2017), stkyricesf (June 29th, 2017), TaoR (June 28th, 2017)

Liked

Re: Current Thailand Trip- a few updates/reviews.

Thank you for your report
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I don't understand how a new cop in town can tell bars to close at 3 am, or any other time for that matter. Surely they have licences which clearly state opening hours? Like in the U.K.
    Unless of course they have been ignoring them all along....TiT

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    I don't understand how a new cop in town can tell bars to close at 3 am, or any other time for that matter. Surely they have licences which clearly state opening hours? Like in the U.K.
    Unless of course they have been ignoring them all along....TiT
    It is flexible in fact. As I know general licensing law demand owner to obtain 2 licenses: to sell liqueurs (it allows to sell till midnight) and entertainment license (it allows to work until 1am). But both licenses have exceptions "for designated areas" what may be "designated" by local govt to work longer time.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

Nice report Newalaan. I think with the opening of new Cupidol and now Prisma along with the new cabaret bars we are definitely (hopefully) seeing something of a resurgence in Boyztown.

7. User who gave Like to post:

stkyricesf (July 8th, 2017)

Liked

I was in Boyztown recently starting in Oscars for a couple of drinks and some people watching. Fairly quiet but reasonably priced. 360bt for 2 Leos and 2 !00 Pipers. I then went to Prisma for my first time. Perhaps I had a bad seat but a flashing light made it difficult for me to see the dancer's faces clearly. The music was almost too loud but they did play a delightful ditty which had only 2 repeated lines of lyrics,
    "Suck My Dick"
    "Suck My Mutherfugging Dick"
    My whisky soda was 200bt but I think the whisky had been added carefully with a pipette. I will give it a try again another night.
    I then went to Cupidol where ,despite the "2 Things in Frocks", the atmosphere was much better than Prisma with a bigger and IMO better selection of boys. My whisky soda was 180bt and a more generous measure of spirit than Prisma.
    I then returned to my room to meet a Hornet friend.

9. User who gave Like to post:

Moses (June 28th, 2017)

Liked

Just back from ten days in Pattaya, I was reassured that there is indeed life in the old girl. I'm always there during this period and so I'm well-used to the vagaries of low -season; accordingly, my expectations were not high. Numbers of falangs were predictably low but there was still a buzz , though it started rather late. The only go- go I visited was Prisma, eager to discover whether the good reports were true...and they were.
    I do agree with pennyboy however, that the music chosen is of appalling taste and quality. I'm no fan of "popular"music but once upon a time (in the 90s) I enjoyed some of songs I heard.
    As far as I could see from my Ambiance vantage-point, Toyboys had a collection of cute twinks....and that part of the soi was always lively and full of eye-candy.
    The host bars were not doing so well this time; Oscars, who always had a few good-looking guys looking for company, seemed to have given -up on hosts and replaced them with a couple of waiters. Even Panorama was quiet.
    Ambiance had a decent occupancy-rate during my time there- a lot better than the resort beach-front hotel in Phuket that P. and I stayed in a week before. Of course, it now attracts our straight brethren via Agoda et al.
    And just in case, the Boyztown offerings weren't to your taste, hornet had plenty of alternatives, while Planet Romeo has undergone a resurgence since it changed its design.
    Overall, both P. and I thought that things were slightly better than this time last year...and the year before.

11. 5 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (June 28th, 2017), christianpfc (July 2nd, 2017), Moses (June 28th, 2017), rexton (June 29th, 2017), TaoR (June 28th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by pennyboy View Post
    ......360bt for 2 Leos and 2 !00 Pipers.........My whisky soda was 200bt but I think the whisky had been added carefully with a pipette.
    Firstly let me say that YES I do understand that my comments to come are more about the strength ( or lack of it ) of the British Pound right now, but the above are two examples of why I just cant be bothered with Thailand in general these days as they think that to give you a beer at well over

Liked

Thanks for the Report NewAlaan! And to the other that have also chimed in.

As a fellow night owl have you been to either the new Black Jack club or the club with the big number "8" hanging from the ceiling?
    I don't think either of them are gay clubs but I have seen a lot of gay guys posting Live videos from both these venues recently
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Liked

I have to agree with you NIrish about prices.
    It used to be so cheap once but not anymore,with airfares, accomodation even taking boys including offs etc now is so expensive and for a month visit I spend close to 170,000 Baht incl airfares accomodation etc.
    Love to try the Phillipines but I am a bit wary of the reported crime and kidnaps.