List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Getting foreign visa for Laos man.

Liked

Re: Getting foreign visa for Laos man.

Not an expert on visas to OZ. But police checks worth 15,000 baht sounds bollocks to me.

Proof of land purchase worth 15,000 baht ? in Laos ? Bullshit. Whatever land he owns is probably not even worth that amount !

In Laos these kind of papers are generally well under a 1000 baht. How do you think citizens of a country where the minimum wage is a mere 900,000 kip would ever manage to pay for a proof of land purchase at a whopping 15,000 baht ! That's four month salary.
    Last edited by justaguy; June 13th, 2017 at 02:01.

Liked

He should already have proof of land, so free. If he lost the land title, and needs a replacement, no way it would cost 15,000 baht. It's 2am now, so Leo's sleeping, but I can ask him when he wakes up, as his family own a huge farm. I'm sure though, there's no way it's 15,000 abaht.

For 15,000 baht you could probably get someone murdered in Laos.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by aarancam View Post
    I just don't see him as being crafty. Oh dear...
    The really crafty people are so crafty no one notices & they get away with it. For a while.

4. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (June 13th, 2017)

Liked

Thank you, that would be great.

Liked

Cheers

Liked

Leo's up and about now, and apparently it's free, or maybe 100 baht at the most. And he would know, because his name is on the family farm, amoung with several siblings.

It went from criminal background check to proof of land ownership, and either of these would cost anywhere near 15,000 baht. If I were you I would just ask him straight out what the money is actually for, because it could be something worthwhile. Maybe he wants to build a small barthroom, or needs things like a water pump, or a new fridge for his shop, or maybe he has a gambling debt or just wants to buy drugs. Who knows...

Liked

Thanks for that. Either way, I think he's taking the piss!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by aarancam View Post
    I just spent a couple of weeks in Bangkok with my mate from London. After about a week I met a guy from Laos who was in Bangkok on a three months working visa. He didn't want money at first but I ended up paying him quite a bit in the end, not daily 2000 baht but for other stuff. His room rent and off fees etc. Anyway, sorry this is a bit long winded, but I want him to come to Oz for a month, not just for sex which was a bit naive to be honest. He's gay and gorgeous but I would love him to have the experience of another country. Laos is landlocked so he's never flown or seen the sea. I will have to go and get him which is a pain in the arse to be honest. He's too scared to fly on his own which is fair enough as the change over at Singapore is difficult even for me! His English isn't bad and I've sent him $200 to cover visa costs. he has a shop selling coke and water, I've seen the photos and videos on Whatsapp and he's got pigs and chickens but still very poor.
    Anyway, he now says he needs 15000 baht for a police check or he can't get visa. Is he taking the fucking piss? I really hope he's not but has anyone had an experience like this?
    I actually meant the police or government want this money to check his land so they know he has s omething to come back to.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Leo's up and about now, and apparently it's free, or maybe 100 baht at the most. And he would know, because his name is on the family farm, amoung with several siblings.

It went from criminal background check to proof of land ownership, and either of these would cost anywhere near 15,000 baht. If I were you I would just ask him straight out what the money is actually for, because it could be something worthwhile. Maybe he wants to build a small barthroom, or needs things like a water pump, or a new fridge for his shop, or maybe he has a gambling debt or just wants to buy drugs. Who knows...
    I meant police or government people come to check his situation and stamp land lease as far as I can work out. I smeell bullshit. Thanks for your help.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Aarancam: Sorry to come down so hard on this but it really doesn't make sense. The Lao government doesn't care if he comes back to Laos. Only the Australian government would want to be assured that he has income or property that would motivate him to leave Australia when his visa expires. And if he does have property, what is it worth? He leases the property? How much does the tenant pay him? Certainly not enough for him to reside comfortably in Laos. That's why he's attempting to earn a marginal income living in Thailand.

The benefit of participating in a forum like this is that there are many members with many years of experience in Thailand/SE Asia. As you see, no one believes that the request for 15K baht is credible. I am sure we all wish you success in finding a suitable partner, but I'm afraid this young man may not be deserving of your financial and emotional support.

12. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (June 13th, 2017), Smiles (June 14th, 2017)