List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: One more gay hotel at Jomtien beach gone.

Liked

Re: One more gay hotel at Jomtien beach gone.

Quote Originally Posted by FarangRuMak View Post
    They intend retaining most of the staff and and taking on some new people and intend running the place as a gay hotel though they are straight themselves.
    An interesting concept!
    ..........and that's the way it is.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by colmx View Post
    Thanks for the update and quick research Moses. I guess we will just have to refer to Cafe Royale as LCR from now on!
    Just got around to reading this thread.
    No worry colmx, Le Cafe Royale is now the New Cafe Royal. No need for those French accents.

3. User who gave Like to post:

colmx (June 24th, 2017)

Liked

I always thought that the DD inn was a Short time knocking shop for the beach boys and Bamboo bar
    Didn't realise that they rented rooms by longer than an hour!
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by FarangRuMak View Post
    I've been told by a long term guest that the owner Mr. M.L. has sold to friends who intend renovating to a high standard.
    They intend retaining most of the staff and and taking on some new people and intend running the place as a gay hotel though they are straight themselves-he tells me.
    There is a big repeat business involved here it seems, which is part of the reason that it was bought.
    Sounds ok but we'll see if the customers agree to return.
    It returned as a beach hostel... 16 (sixteen) bunks in room... whoa...
    https://www.booking.com/hotel/th/dd-...ch-hostel.html

109277584.jpg

109277592.jpg
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Forum's veteran
    Liked

OMG. Going to Pattaya to sleep in a room with 15 other people? I just can't imagine how the owners came up with that business plan.

7. User who gave Like to post:

colmx (August 14th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    I, on the other hand, feel infinitely less relaxed in a gay hotel and I suspect I'm not alone in that.

It's certainly not that I want to "mingle with the breeders", it's that in gay hotels I feel as if my every move is watched and subject to comment from the elderly gay desperadoes who litter the place.

Now you might very well put that down to imagination or even paranoia - but the nudging, winking, and leering at any attractive boy you might have in your company is an observable fact.

In fact I have even had companions who were followed into the toilet and propositioned by other gay residents who simply have no conception of what constitutes proper behaviour.

I accept that these disgraceful old reprobates are a minority of gay travellers but I'd rather not be around them.
    I agree with scottish-guy 100%. My friends and I have been subjected to this "no conception of what constitutes proper behaviour" online as well as at gay-oriented venues. I was stalked and hit on here the moment I joined with love-letters and requests to meet via PM, which got more aggressive as the days went by and when I didn't respond, was openly attacked as a troll on the open board. Harassment and lack of privacy are two of the reasons why we don't stay at gay hotels in Thailand. Somehow some of the clientele think we should all be friends just because we're gay and staying at a gay hotel Besides, a hotel is just a place where we go to sleep, shower and have breakfast; there's no need to stay at an exclusively gay one. Moreover, from what I've seen, some of these gay hotels are really shabby and one can get better accommodations for the same price.
    Last edited by sglad; August 13th, 2017 at 23:51.

9. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (August 14th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bobsaigon2 View Post
    OMG. Going to Pattaya to sleep in a room with 15 other people? I just can't imagine how the owners came up with that business plan.
    Backpackers tend to stay in these types of accommodation. Perhaps they're tapping into a potential market?

Liked

Looks like that this is for young back-packers and by that I don't mean anything naughty.
    Yes, looks like one more (naughty) gay back-packing location gone.

Liked

+sglad.
    I agree that sometimes a gay venue is the worst place to bring a handsome beau.
    Some years ago in Jomtien while having breakfast with my most recent acquisition the waiter dropped a note on to my dropdeadgeorgeousdarling's lap while clearing the table.
    On it was written a phone number with the words Call Me Please and it had been written by a farang at a nearby table.
    That waiter was a friend of mine or so I thought.

Liked

I expect no more than predatory behaviour from some of the gay desperadoes who infest the gay scene.

The elderly ones usually have self control - I find it's the 40-60s who sniff around like blowflies over a hot turd and usually they're from the UK