Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Phnom Penh May/June 2017

Liked

Phnom Penh May/June 2017

Hi all, Arrived here yesterday with a tummy bug so haven't been to any of the bars yet. Was wondering where any of you found the better place to exchange

Liked

Re: Phnom Penh May/June 2017

Exchange what? Money? Everywhere they accept US dollars.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

Hi, It seems like only a little part of what I wrote was published....I did give a lot more detail....but not sure why it cannot be seen...I was exchanging € to $ and I quoted a few places and wondered if based on people's experience if there was a particular bank or exchange facility that was consistenty good?

Liked

It is bad idea to exchange euros to dollars in Cambodia, better do it in your country
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

Thanks...can you give me any idea why most of my original posting was not published? Thanks.

Liked

We'd only see the finished product, after you pressed the "post" button. We do not and have not edited posts, considering what we've regularly allowed over the years. I can only suggest you try to post whatever you were originally trying to post again.

Surfcrest

Liked

Timely post. I will in PP soon and face the same problem: my home currency EUR, and I don't want to exchange EUR to THB to USD in Thailand, but rather do it in Cambodia to lose only once. I remember last time in PP (Aug 2016) near the bus station, only the third exchange booth I asked took my EUR! Small booth not connected to a bank or chain, but I needed the money now to pay for the bus ticket.

For one week in Cambodia I will need about 300 EUR, and nowadays ATMs charge 5 USD (and I don't know how unfavorable my bank's or visa exchange rate is), so I rather exchange cash. For Thailand, I scrupulously calculated that exchanging cash has the least losses EUR to THB.
    http://christianpfc.blogspot.com/201...-exchange.html

As for the lost post, occasionally I have internet problems and when I press "post/send", my text disappears, or there is an error message, but fortunately somehow comes back when I post again (auto saved by forum software). To be safe, highlight and copy before sending or write longer posts in a text processing program.

8. User who gave Like to post:

rexton (June 4th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    my home currency EUR, and I don't want to exchange EUR to THB to USD in Thailand, but rather do it in Cambodia to lose only once..
    Aber mein lieber-dann solltest du doch mal zur Superrich (eine der 3, wovon der orange 3 L

10. User who gave Like to post:

frequent (June 3rd, 2017)

Liked

I have always taken a few minutes to check the currency situation before visiting any given country. The effective hourly rate for doing this is very high.
    So I always turn up to Cambodia with USD, since it is effectively their currency.
    Or have an idea of where the competitive exchange rate booths are before arriving in many other cities (Bangkok, Singapore etc).

Here is one suggestion, which I cannot verify. http://www.khmer440.com/chat_forum/v...ic.php?t=30992
    A few more minutes on google is probably time well spent.

If you do not see anywhere obvious, then check the mid market rate on XE. If the money changers want to take more than about 1% off you, then just change enough for a day & keep your eyes open as you walk around, in case somewhere better pops up.

12. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (June 3rd, 2017), rexton (June 14th, 2017)

Liked

I see that another post of mine seems to have gone missing. I was using quick reply. Going to keep this as brief as possible.
    The best value I got for € to $ exchange rate was Acleda Bank near Independence monument (very low spread from official rate). The 2nd best was ANZ Royal which had in excess of a 3 cent spread from official rate.Western Unions seem to have a 5 cent + spread. Based on the ANZ Royal I would have got a similar deal in my home bank.
    Posting now to see if it goes through.