Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Phnom Penh May/June 2017

Liked

Re: Phnom Penh May/June 2017

rexton, I can't reproduce missing of posts... what do you use for posting: comp, tablet, phone? what OS is installed there and what browser?
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

I just had similar problems with a post. I cut and pasted it from a Word document I had worked on beforehand. When I pressed post, most of it vanished and this happened a few times until I cut and pasted the whole post paragraph by paragraph. Even the preview showed the post as being fine, until I pressed post. I had to piece it back together through Edit. Not sure what it is.

Surfcrest

3. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Moses (June 8th, 2017), rexton (June 8th, 2017)

Liked

At least I have confirmation that I'm not the only one this is happening to. I mostly/ currently using an android tablet.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by rexton View Post
    At least I have confirmation that I'm not the only one this is happening to. I mostly/ currently using an android tablet.

Ok, I see where issue is possible. Please wait till I will finish update of our software (ETA Sunday), your problem should be eliminated at time of upgrade.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

6. User who gave Like to post:

rexton (June 14th, 2017)

Liked

If I put a british pound sigh in the post, everything after the pound sign disappears.
    Since this thread includes some exchange rate discussion, I suppose this might be a part of it.

Here:

Liked

I walked along st 51 Pasteur south to north and checked several banks and independent money exchangers, best rate I found was at Somnea and Or Sovann (both diagonally across st 136, between st 51 and 53 near south-east corner of central market) at 1.121 USD for 1 EUR, at the same time xe 1.12635 (Tue 6jun2017 around 9 am).

9. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Moses (June 10th, 2017), rexton (June 14th, 2017)

Liked

A synopsis of my PP visit. I stayed in the King Grand Hotel. This is a nice hotel with friendly staff and mostly boys as waiters. I found them engaging and 2 of them plus a friend came for drinks with me to a riverfront bar. One subsequently came with me to a gay bar the night before my departure -his first time in a gay bar - he is straight but interesting and sociable. Many of the waiters are college students doing a shift of 8 hours either before or after college. Based on what one of them told me, they get $5 a day and are paid monthly. I can totally understand when they say that it is tough going trying to survive on that and the stress of trying to fit in college work. They do appreciate a tip.
    The hotel itself is clean with a good breakfast. There are 2 pools. The sky bar pool is quite small but I preferred it to the one downstairs. The room I had was not very big (as well as the other rooms I saw when doors were open for cleaning). There was no place to put a suitcase except the floor nor were there shelves for clothing. There were 2 hangers for trousers etc in closet. The room is fine for a short stay. The shower was the best of the 3 hotels I stayed in on my trip. There was no issue when I had a visitor to my room. (I always book a double room). There was a fabulous very moderately priced Indian restaurant opposite the hotel and there were always tuk tuks available usually looking for $3 or more for a trip but sometimes excepting 2 for a short trip.
    I was mainly in two bars: Blue Chilli and Space Bar. I found both to be friendly and entertaining. I looked into Popp Bar, but the smoke immediately hit me and I didnt go in although two boys came out to entice me. I heard too late of the newest bar, Toolbox on 174 St. owned by a Canadian, Doug, whom I had met many years ago on another trip and I heard that the bar is well worth a visit.Just sorry that I heard of it too late.
    I concur with other contributors with regard to visiting The Killing Fields and the Genocide museum.

11. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (June 19th, 2017), llz (June 17th, 2017)

Liked

Just one other thing that comes to mind for anyone buying a data/sim card. Based on my experience, avoid buying the QB one. It rarely ever worked for the 6 days I was in Phnom Penh. Based on my memory there are four mobile operator kiosks to the right of the exit door in the arrivals section. Someone did say to me that the 4th one from the exit is the best one (right of QB kiosk) but because the queue was long, I decided to take a chance on QB and what a disappointment so avoid if you want to get a good connection. I cannot recall what if any name was over the 4th kiosk.
    Anyone with experience of a good network operator for data sim card?

Liked

This new place called Toolbox bar sounds interesting
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by fedssocr View Post
    This new place called Toolbox bar sounds interesting
    With a name like that how could it be otherwise for the many whoremongers amongst us
    Quote Originally Posted by rexton View Post
    Anyone with experience of a good network operator for data sim card?
    Yes although I now can't remember the name. I used to pop over and visit a447 at River Queen Guesthouse when we travelled to Siem Reap a couple of years ago; the nearest phone shop to the guesthouse sold a very popular and reliable data SIM. However all I remember about (I think) was that its logo was yellow and blue. This web site seems the most up to date