Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: That's enough for now.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: That's enough for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad the Impala View Post
    ...I’ve been posting on the Gay Thailand message boards since they started, is that more than 30 years?..

Time to take a break from people who are taking too seriously what should be entertainment, with a bit of information thrown in.
    Since 1987? Wow, I wasn't aware that the Internet has been around that long. You guys must have a lot of stories to share.

A break is good; we all need it sometimes. But make sure you come back soon, all recharged. I totally agree with your last statement.
    Last edited by sglad; May 23rd, 2017 at 21:42.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    If you will "keep doing" that , then hurry up please : time may be very limited.
    It's true hehe; I'm unlikely going to post much here or on GT in the future as I have a possible summer job (well our summer here anyway) lined up. I've been approached to do content writing for various blogs/websites about my experiences in Thailand and Southeast Asia. I'll be a hired hand and my employers would suggest/make appropriate product placements and advertising in the content because that's what they're hiring me for, in addition to raising their site viewership. The money won't be much but my travels will be sponsored. Of course I'd have to add in an adventure and a fictional romance or two to spice things up. Nobody wants to read staid travel reports. I would get to travel all the time but then there's the writing and creative side of it to think of.

You're familiar with the concept, aren't you? I'm still mulling over it as like a447, I always believe in telling the truth.

Ciao.
    Last edited by sglad; May 23rd, 2017 at 22:10.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bobsaigon2 View Post
    Thanks for confirming that your bullshit will continue unabated. He's all yours, Surfcrest. I've had enough.
    This is the second time now you have announced that and should I remind you when you also had enough...when you were simply bobsaigon...there will be no bobsaigon3.

It's a thankless job being owner or moderator...more appropriately.

In this discussion, I am being criticized for banning someone...and criticized for not banning someone...and being called a hypocrite, for doing either.

Someone can call me a liar, despite the heaps and heaps of pages and posts that suggest a447 is the fellow hurling abuse and the fellow on the wrong side of the truth.

Back in the good old days I would take the time to find the links to prove my points....now I'll just push a button and achieve the same result.

We are having this discussion because we have certain members who think they can use their posting or membership history to force me to get rid of other members.

If it wasn't for this sglad discussion, we'd be talking about frequent latintopxxx and manforallseasons...three members that I've been asked to ban by some of these members and any new member that may have poked his head in and was instantly accused of being beachlover or kommentariat.

We've come several years now without more than a few being banned and very little moderation.
    You demand that I start banning trouble makers...well, now I have.

This is a temporary ban, once I give my share of the Board away...the new ownership is free to ban members or not ban members...it won't be my sillyness to manage anymore.

Surfcrest

4. 2 Users gave Like to post:

sglad (May 23rd, 2017), Tintin (May 24th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by sglad View Post
    Of course I'd have to add in an adventure and a fictional romance or two to spice things up.
    You have plenty of experience with writing fictional stuff. (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

I hope we get a trip report or two from these travels. Whether you are a 24-year-old Singaporean or a 72-year-old White, at least you can write well and I enjoy some of your posts.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by allieb View Post
    I stopped posting or even looking at this forum about 5 years ago . Today I took a peek and OMG nothings changed, Illusionjs shattered boyfriends beating people up and all the rest when is everyone going to accept that Thailand is just a violent whore house
    You stopped posting 5 years ago, and now you are whining that this board isn't up to your standards. Do you think we are circus monkeys, providing performance here for your amusement?

You stopped posting, you do not contribute anything to this board, thus you have given away all rights to criticize us, members who chose to post.

You seem to think we owe you something, and we should do better job at keeping you entertained?

We have failed you lol

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Brad the Impala View Post

However visiting and writing on this forum is no longer fun.

Posters are required to validate themselves on some altar of credibilty as if they were appearing in court instead of writing anonymous posts in an internet forum, while trying to make the posts entertaining for the benefit of others.

Individuals fashion themselves as latter day witchfinder generals in search of trolls, without caring how many innocents are burned or discouraged in the process. This seems to give them validation, but there have been, and always will be, composite and fictitious character constructions in the forums, some more credible than others.
    Bradley, you created several fictional characters, you are cdnmatt, you are Surfcrest, you used to be Beachlover. These are your leading roles, no doubt you have many more, lesser characters.

Now that your bullshit stories caught up with you, it's no longer fun, it's understandable.

But I think the real reason is that you are bored with these characters, and it shows. You put almost no effort in developing your characters, no longer do you create long story arcs, fairly well written episodes in lives of your creations. You are getting old, and it's no fun for you, not as much as it used to be.

So instead of long, elaborate, very believable tales that you came up with from 2009 to 2012 or so, you go for the shock value. You 'went blind' (a term a blind person would never use btw, they'd phrase it as losing sight), then exposing yourself as overstayer without even as much as passport.
    You know, of course, how ludicrous these latest tales are, but you are tired of your roles, so you put almost no effort in them.

And when you became a laughing stock you walk away.

But stop and think for a moment the damage you have caused to your own board! Non of us here have any credibility left, after you have poisoned the well so throughly!

I hope Sawadtee will attract new, real people, and become something more than your demented, sick playground.

So good bye, Bradley!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by whitemouse View Post
    Bradley, you created several fictional characters, you are cdnmatt, you are Surfcrest, you used to be Beachlover.
    Where you buy your weeds? It should be super-quality if look at your "dreams".

AT your list at least 3 different persons behind 4 nickname. And for sure Surfcrest isn't BTI - Surfcrest and BTI even posting from different continents.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Where you buy your weeds? It should be super-quality if look at your "dreams".

AT your list at least 3 different persons behind 4 nickname. And for sure Surfcrest isn't BTI - Surfcrest and BTI even posting from different continents.
    Weed is very low grade here, so I don't buy any.

I'm surprised you replied so promptly, in other threads you have said you don't have time to keep an eye on everything

Different continents, you say? Well, then I'm simply wrong, and you are right!

Я был не прав, извиняюсь!

Liked

Moses, do you undrstand that Brad The Impala is Surfcrest?

Brother, tell me that you know that!
    I'm not expecting you to know every character he's created, but this is pretty basic.
    Tell me you know this, Administrator!

Liked

So just to make clear how easy it is to post from different continents, here I am posting from London, even tho I'm in Pattaya.

If you insist on being blind, Moses, I can't convince you otherwise!

Look at the IP of this post (UK VPN), and look at the IP numbers I've posted all week from!