Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: That's enough for now.

Liked

Re: That's enough for now.

When I first started to read this site , a few yrs ago , it was great. Guys used to write in about every day matters , such , as were to eat condos to rent , where to get the a/e serviced, new bars etc , now its just a site for some members to bitch about some one else. I tend to check in every few days , and now one can go almost a whole weeks with no new reports or subjects We all know pattaya is slowing dying, but then most of the western world is changing in this way and that, just look at sunnie plaza now compared to a few years ago. There are less older guys coming to pattaya now . there fore less guys asking for help on sites like this , and when they do, they get lots of crap slung back in ther face , which stops them ever coming back The trouble with banning people is that they just come back with another name , but it would help if the worst ofenders were banned , , Now im about to be shot down I expect

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

sglad (May 22nd, 2017), Surfcrest (May 21st, 2017)

Liked: 1

I stopped posting or even looking at this forum about 5 years ago . Today I took a peek and OMG nothings changed, Illusionjs shattered boyfriends beating people up and all the rest when is everyone going to accept that Thailand is just a violent whore house
    Don't try to hold in farts - they travel up your spine and into your brain and that is where shitty ideas come from.

Liked

Wow - you don't even *look* here for almost 2000 days and on the very day you decide to look in again you manage to find a topic you totally agree with and on which you have to express a view - and all of this within 15 hours of the thread being started.

With luck and co-incidence like that, can you let me have the winning numbers for next Tuesday's Euromillions lottery please

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    cdnmatt is by far the most pathetic creature, firstly if he is a liar secondly if he is for real!
    I love that line! Made my day.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by fountainhall View Post
    But then this sort of verbal violence is what Surfcrest permits because it is what he believes the members want. Well, if he is happy seeing his Board run into the ground by a tiny handful of the actual membership, that is what he is getting.
    Once again, my friends...you have it completely wrong.

Four years ago we had a very different owner who controlled everything that happened. Some of you failed to exist, upon his doing while he was the owner here. My role, as I have explained countless times to you all already, was to take this forum away from that (now dead) crazy man and bring it back to the way it was prior to Neal...giving it back to the members.

It"s amazing now fountainhall, that your wealth of knowledge now includes knowing what I "want" and perhaps, how I'm thinking? I see things have slowed down over at Gaybuttonthai, as of late too and things ticking along nicely, over at Gay Thailand with sglad and some of the boys in this thread, complaining about the very same company.

My eyesight isn't that great anymore (but I'm nowhere near being blind), but the message I got from Brad's post was why posters that complain about being unhappy here, who don't get along with other posters...and who've told us they are leaving, are still here edging other people to leave? You can post on Gay Thailand and Gaybuttonthai among the very same people and you have Gaybutton and Scooby to completely control what people write, who gets to post, who gets suspended for 30 days and which threads get locked. We had that, and more with Neal...didn't we a447? You and he were great pals...while he was threatening other members here with hunting them down or making false reports about them to the Thai authorities.

Clearly, my taking this forum back and putting it back to the way it was didn't work. I have started discussions with Moses several weeks back to pass my portion of the ownership on to him. It is my hope that he can host the site somewhere else and I can stop paying for this and all that comes along with it.

Perhaps I should have let it die on that plane with the last owner.

Surfcrest

7. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (May 22nd, 2017), sglad (May 22nd, 2017)

Liked

We had that, and more with Neal...didn't we a447? You and he were great pals...while he was threatening other members here with hunting them down or making false reports about them to the Thai authorities.
    Surfcrest, have you completely lost the plot? Your ability to tell blatant lies is worrying, to say the least.

First of all, I have posted many times how little interaction I had with Neal. I saw him as he sat outside his bar every night, met him twice at the beach in company with another member who I had arranged to see there, and went to a restaurant once also with another member of this board.

Two other members here who were threatened by Neal can confirm that what you say is untrue. We were exchanging PM'S at the time and they can back me up if they wish to do so.

You are once again attempting to blacken my name, this time by trying to somehow link me with Neal. Why has this supposed friendship suddenly come up now? Why didn't you mention it earlier?

Obviously, you've only just thought of it. You are getting increasingly desperate.

But secondly, what you say is irrational.

How could we have possibly been "great pals" when he was threatening to have his "boys" hunt me down and beat me up?

......told us they are leaving, are still here edging other people to leave?
    For the umpteenth time, Surfcrest, tell us who is doing that, and how are they doing that? Stop just repeating ad nauseam accusations which you can't back up!

Speaking of which, please explain the accusation you have now made against Scooby - that he controls members' posts and decides who can post.

We all know that gaybutton keeps a firm grip on his board - his choice to do so, our choice to post there - but now you want to have a go at Scooby? Really?

As for your decision to sell the board, that is not news and has nothing to do with what's been going on lately, although you are trying desperately to make the connection; you've been trying to sell it since January 2016.

Members have told you, in the form of at least three threads over the past year, who is to blame for the present sad state of this board.

You just didn't listen.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I cannot possibly know what you think, Surfcrest. I can read, though. And you have stated MANY times that you want to see a Board that is basically free from moderation where members can express their own views without iron fists crashing down. That I perfectly understand - but only up to a point.

The problem is that as with any bunch of disorganized schoolchildren, a cyber world without some form of authority to maintain control quickly descends into schoolyard anarchy where bullies and others rule the roost. You may say there are rules. If so, and if you and or Moses really wants to maintain the viability of this site as a chat forum that is not dominated by a small handful of trolls and bullies, some of them total liars and many crashingly boring, then those rules desperately need some tightening. The usual handful of kindergarten rejects will scream 'foul', as is their right. But I feel desperately sorry for Moses, whom I admire, if he has to take over this Board with some of the very, very few posting members abandoning the site and leaving behind the bitchboard-like musings of those who remain.

The one positive is that perhaps Moses will clean house, get in a couple of English-speaking moderators who will then establish a new set of rules. I've been around on the forums for almost 12 years and I have seen how informative, interesting and knowledgeable they can be when controlled loosely but with a degree of respect and understanding that is just not here, alas!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    Members have told you, in the form of at least three threads over the past year, who is to blame for the present sad state of this board.

You just didn't listen.
    I blame you. You are why Brad the Impala posted what he did. Plain and simply, because of you.

As for you and Neal, no lies there my dearest...your relationship with him is well documented in the posts on this forum, from that era.

We get a lot of traffic on this site and unfortunately, people come..read your crap and leave.

You guys are back because you've gone over to the other Boards and found yourself insignificant over there, so here you are back.

I have no plans on banning anyone for either if you. So stop pouting about it, or leave...take your pick!

Surfcrest

11. 2 Users gave Like to post:

sglad (May 22nd, 2017), Tintin (May 23rd, 2017)

Liked

With all the bashing of Surfcrest, I'll be happy to jump in and give him my support, as I believe he's done an excellt job with this board. This board was in tatters during Neal, and when Surfcrest took over. Surfcrest turned this into a safe, comfortable environment where people of differing backgrounds, mindsets, and values can all post.

a447, if you want to know why the board is dieing, you only need to look in the mirror. Who on this board haven't you picked a fight with, and thrown a public tirade against? There's myself, Brad, latin, frequence, Surfcrest, and the list goes on. I don't understand what kind of jollies you get out of it, but it's pretty demented. Then you go off on a tangent saying you're just defending yourself, which is obviously bullshit, because you're the one who always starts it.

Take a note from someone like arsenal. He's one of the most neutral guys on the board, and seems to be an all around great guy.

13. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Surfcrest (May 22nd, 2017), Tintin (May 23rd, 2017)

Liked: 1

Scotish Guy. Yes not only the lottery but Scotland could even get leave the UK
    Don't try to hold in farts - they travel up your spine and into your brain and that is where shitty ideas come from.