Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: That's enough for now.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: That's enough for now.

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Welcome back Bob and Founty. I see no answer to this. This place is now the gayboardland equivalent of the middle East. I see no truces any time soon.
    Thanks Arsenal. Although I have not contributed recently, I have followed some of the 'discussions'. I agree. There is no truce in sight. But then this sort of verbal violence is what Surfcrest permits because it is what he believes the members want. Well, if he is happy seeing his Board run into the ground by a tiny handful of the actual membership, that is what he is getting.

The enmity between certain members is clearly too deep and too unending.

And MFAS, you can drop the innocent act. You ain't foolin no one. You've had your share
    LOL

Liked

I would like to think that there is an answer. I live in hope. But it involves cooperation, which I don't think is forthcoming.

Nobody has a responsibly to be Mr Nice Guy here. Nor do they have a responsibility to tell the truth, or to be who they say they are. We are in cyberspace, so that's a given.

We have the right to post whatever we want (within reason). Matt can tell us he's blind. Latin can tell us he fucks straight workers he picks up from the construction site. Frequent can tell us he's been living in Thailand for the last three decades. Brad can tell us he's not Surfcrest.

Members have a perfect right to post such garbage, but then we also have the right to question it. If you are not happy with that, don't post. Simple.

As mentioned above, there are members here who are very entertaining, whether they mean to be or not. They help make the board fun - and funny. But they need to accept that we can also have fun, even if that means we laugh and ridicule their posts. That's our right, too.

But should they have their fun in the middle of a serious post, knowing full well that they'll be taken to task? Can't they do it elsewhere?

Matt's post in paperboy's "tuk-tuk hop" thread is a perfect example. Here was a member posting useful information, but Matt had to post that he was going to hire a guide and go sightseeing.

Members do not have the right to post untruths about others. We have rules here to stop that, but they are not enforced on every member. Rules are enforced on an adhoc basis, which does little to inspire confidence in the integrity of the board. As bobsaigon has pointed out, some recalcitrant members have been told they will not be banned and so feel free to post whatever they want, no matter how offensive or how untrue.

Members do not have the right to mercilessly criticise and harass others post after post, thread after thread. There's a rule against that, too. However, they do have the right to take a poster to task for his comments. There's a big difference.

For example, there was a time when frequent, posting as kommentariat, mentioned me over 65 times in a period of 2 months! Most of that had nothing to do with anything I had posted. It's that very behaviour which makes this board unpleasant and dissuades people from joining and members from posting.

But you can't possibly force people to be civil. You can only rely on their goodwill.

If they are unwilling to cooperate, then you are right, arsenal. There is no answer.

Liked

I don't wish to intrude into private matters but do our warring members know each other...."know" as in recognise each other in the check-out at Big C? I must confess that I've often had the impression that people like me, who have no falang contacts in Pattaya, are merely spectators to someone else's game.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    I would like to think that there is an answer. I live in hope. But it involves cooperation, which I don't think is forthcoming.

Nobody has a responsibly to be Mr Nice Guy here. Nor do they have a responsibility to tell the truth, or to be who they say they are. We are in cyberspace, so that's a given.

We have the right to post whatever we want (within reason). Matt can tell us he's blind. Latin can tell us he fucks straight workers he picks up from the construction site. Frequent can tell us he's been living in Thailand for the last three decades. Brad can tell us he's not Surfcrest.

Members have a perfect right to post such garbage, but then we also have the right to question it. If you are not happy with that, don't post. Simple.
    What the hell are you going off about now? You're probably THE single biggest shit thrower on this forum, just so you can make yourself feel like some big, tough guy.

Then when a thread like this comes up, you're going to actually try to defence your actions as though you had the betterment of the board at heart? Get fucked....

Liked

Highly amusing that Brad's post to say he's had enough of the daily ' cats fighting in a barrel' routine on this board has prompted another episode of (the same) cats fighting in a barrel.

Oh, and MFAS ...take this as "the occasional quip" from me - with grateful thanks for the name-check!

Taking everything into consideration I'd still rather be here on Board A than bored to death on Board B or contributing to fluffing the rampant, throbbing, steaming ego of the owner of Board C

6. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (May 21st, 2017), christianpfc (May 21st, 2017)

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    What the hell are you going off about now? You're probably THE single biggest shit thrower on this forum, Get fucked....
    https://images.gr-assets.com/hostedi...7ra/775330.gif
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

Why are trying to send me an image? Same as you did before, and trying to trip me up? Sorry dude, but I am actually blind now.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Or 6% sighted depending how you look at it I guess......you should try to keep a more positive on life outlook Matt :-)

Liked

Doctor Who is currently having the same problem as Matt

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    Or 6% sighted depending how you look at it I guess......you should try to keep a more positive on life outlook Matt :-)
    Oh, I do. I'm currently happier than a pig in shit. Besides, my honey will be back from Laos tomorrow, so what more could I want?

This trip back to Laos, he's even been calling me 2 or 3 times every day, so apparently I'm doing something right.