Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: That's enough for now.

Liked

Re: That's enough for now.

I think Surfcrest has already proven without a doubt he doesn't just ban people on a "personal whim", or because he's in a bad mood that day. On the contrary, he's proven himself to be quite the opposite, and has allowed alot of shit to be thrown his way in exchange for allowing freedom of expression on this board.

Again, this banning is due to events that have taken place for well over 1 year, and was hardly done on a whim.

2. User who gave Like to post:

Tintin (May 23rd, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bobsaigon2 View Post

Incredible. Absolument incroyable. I guess the “change of heart” allows this to avoid being labeled as hypocritical?

I don't believe in banning, but it appears that hasn't worked well for us in light of all this. I've been pushed to ban members....so I'm banning members.

a447 will be banned until Moses takes over.

sglad will be allowed back...the ban lifted. Sugargrandpa remains banned.

Surfcrest

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    It depends on kind of ban. Here we have few:
    most soft ban is - user can login under his username, can read PM, can like, can even write PM, but can't post on all forums or some sub-forums
    other bans have less possibilities, most hard ban is - user can't even login under his username
    I am curious. I suggest it would be a help to members to know exactly what categories of bans are in existence - and what transgressions qualify for each type of ban. Gave I missed something already included in the rules?

Regarding the point raised by bobsaigon, how is it that a banned member whose name does not appear anywhere under the list of members can actually give a "like"? What type of ban was imposed on sglad and sugargrandpa for being a proven hydra? I can understand if the names are still included as members - but effectively you are enabling non-members (i.e. banned members) to vote on posts. So following on from that, what type of ban has been imposed on a447 and what privileges is he still entitled to, if any?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Surfcrest View Post
    You can continue this argument alone with yourself in cyberspace. If Moses wants to have you back, he can. While I'm here...you're not.
    I have had a change in heart, I will begin banning members...and I start with you a447.

Surfcrest
    Please please Surfcrest, don't do that. It will kill the board.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

6. User who gave Like to post:

a447 (May 23rd, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Curiouser and curiouser. Sglad is welcomed back despite the fact that his posts were always lies based on his false claim of being a Singapore uni student. Yet a447, who never made a false claim about anything, is now banned simply because he annoyed the board owner.

8. 3 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (May 23rd, 2017), christianpfc (May 24th, 2017), Nirish guy (May 23rd, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by fountainhall View Post
    but effectively you are enabling non-members (i.e. banned members) to vote on posts
    First of all term "ban" means for forum the restrictions to post. Rest restrictions may be or may be not applied: to "like", to write PM, to receive PM, and so on - list of permissions of our forum is huge and flexible. That means what "banned" users are still members of forum, but they are limited in rights.

Technically: non-members aren't listed in our database of users while banned members are still listed in our data base.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Forum's veteran
    Liked

So Moses, when are you taking over the board in full and what is YOUR plan / policy re this - do you intend to carry on as is currently that i.e A447, a member here for a LONG time with many many trip reports under his belt and lots of useful information shared over the years "banned" ( as he pissed off the owner and a few other posters / hydra's ) or will that be rescinded ? Likewise as SC seen it fit to ban SGLAD etc - a KNOWN fake / hydra who adds nothing to the board except bullshit and lies, will they remain allowed back ?

Perhaps you could let us know your plans as SG seems to have thrown all his good work in NOT throwing bans about the place JUST because he owns the board out the window now that he's leaving - and considering the rest of us have had to put up with the nonsense posts from the likes of SGLAD and a few others I can think of, who are clearly just playing with us all and posting for nothing more than their own amusement etc it will be useful to know where you see the board going and in what direction that may be as once the fake / hydra / bullshit posts start outweighing the ACTUAL posts from REAL people with REAL experiences then as Smiles has already pointed out I think things can only go in one direction for the board over time - and in my view that slide has already started of late thanks to some of your lets say less than real posters.

Liked

Gent,

no comments for now, since nothing been changed in ownership yet... right now Surfcrest and me are partners, Surfcrest is head of "content and moderation policy dept", I'm head of "technical dept"...

Surfcrest saved that forum, paid for it hosting for years and spend a lot of his private money to give all of us pleasure to read and write here. Please pay respect.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

12. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (May 24th, 2017), sglad (May 23rd, 2017)

Liked

I surport A447 , I have always enjoyed his trip reports , plus he has given me many tips by sending me private messages, Its the out right bull shiters who should be stopped

14. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (May 24th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Hi All.

I'm going to keep this brief. Firstly, I would like to thank Surfcrest and the board management for welcoming me back. Also thanks to the many who have given me support privately, here and on Gaythailand.

Secondly, I'm sorry to see so much bickering over board management. Personally, I approach disagreements/arguments by facing them head on with explanations and counter-arguments or by ignoring them, because I feel no headway can be made and thus we just agree to disagree, or ignoring them because the other party is clearly only looking for a fight or baiting me over some personal vendetta or perceived personal slight (most of the time it's in their heads). I have never approached a moderator to complain about another poster even when I was subjected to all sorts of ridiculous allegations and lies because I wouldn't entertain a poster's private advances. It was all in his head. I feel we can all handle disagreements as adults among ourselves with dignity and if so inclined, wit and repartee. The only time I've messaged a moderator is on Gaythailand, where I asked Scooby whether it was OK to address attacks based on my posting history on SN IF it was brought up and directed at me.

Perhaps we should all take a brief time-out and count to ten. Good luck and a very good evening to everyone.

sglad
    Last edited by sglad; May 23rd, 2017 at 18:06.