Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: That's enough for now.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: That's enough for now.

Brad, you are confusing two separate issues - lying for entertainment and lying which has the potential to be harmful.

I also have been a board member for a long time, although certainly not for thirty years. I started on this board 11 years ago and continued to post regularly over that time - apart from a hiatus towards the end of Neals' era.

It was fun and very informative, especially for a newbie knowing little about Thailand at the time.

Armed with information mainly from posters here I began my regular visits to LOS and started posting my own information. Then I began posting trip reports.

For most of this time there was only one poster - latintopxxx - who consistently lied about his exploits and I enjoyed calling him out. I was far from the only one who questioned him, btw. There have been many. But I was the only one who posted evidence of his lies in the form of links to the relevant posts and / direct quotes. Accusations need evidence, otherwise they are nothing but empty words. Quoting someone 's words back to them is the most effective way. (You should try it).

But there was a serious side to his lies. I expressed my concerns numerous times. What if someone actually believed him, came to Thailand and attempted to emulate his alleged behaviour? What if a newbie took his "advice" and dragged a boy in Eros down from the dias and slapped him? What if he visited a massage place, had fun with the masseur and then thought it was ok to give him a miserly tip - by throwing it on the floor? What if he approached a group of construction workers and tried to persuade one to go with him for sex?

So I make no apology for calling him out. But rather than criticise those who expose his lies, it is he who should be taken to task, rather than shooting the messenger.

There are nasty people on the board and although I don't like them, I accept that they are a part of the board experience. If they go on the attack, then I will give as good as I get. No harm done. The problem is, some are good at dishing it out but can not take it.

Brad, you are a good example. You suddenly appeared out of the blue, along with Surfcrest, and made a series of accusations against me. When I asked you to back up the first one by pointing to the relevant post, you didn't. Instead, you just made more accusations which you were also unable to substantiate. That is why we had that back and forth in those two threads. Did you really think I was going to let those false accusations just remain unchallenged?

Why didn't you substantiate them? I asked you to do so over and over again, but you refused.

"Individuals fashion themselves as latter day witchfinder generals in search of trolls"

I hope you are not referring to me. If you are, please tell me who I have labelled a 'troll."

"Posters are required to validate themselves on some altar of credibilty as if they were appearing in court instead of writing anonymous posts in an internet forum, while trying to make the posts entertaining for the benefit of others."

No. They are only required to follow the posting rules.

If writing fantasy posts and telling blatant lies is their way of making their posts "entertaining" then so be it. If someone is able to have fun, then we are all entitled to join in. And we have.

Cndmatt is a perfect example. I don't recall anyone ever calling for him to be banned. On the contrary, he is very entertaining, even though that is probably not the intent behind his posts. But there are no rules of which I am aware that prevents members from calling such posters out. If I am in breach of such a rule (please point it out to me), then so are a dozen or so other members. But you haven't mentioned them. Why?

Where have you been all these years when Latin was being exposed? Member after member has joined in (including yourself, perchance?) Not a word of criticism from you. I've been quoting Latin back to himself since 2006! Again, not a word from you.

Until now.

Now you find yourself in the receiving end and you don't like it. You conveniently refer to being asked to explain your comments as being "interrogated". All of a sudden the board is no longer a happy place for you. You enjoy its "free-wheeling style" as long as you are exempt.

Well, you're not.

Stop playing the victim and stop making accusations you can not substantiate.

Only then will the board become a happy place for you again.

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

lego (May 22nd, 2017), scottish-guy (May 21st, 2017)