List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Reubbing off on younger Thais / Laos?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Reubbing off on younger Thais / Laos?

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Yeah, this one is different though. Third time lucky I guess, eh? Had my farang husband, then Kim, and now Leo. I'm pretty confident this one will last.

Well, lets hope youre right about that as we all deserve happiness - the fact however that that very phrase ( "this one is different though") is usually the start of every "how I've been totally fucked over by my Asian partner conversation that we all hear from some guy crying into his beer in a beer bar after his been stripped of all his worldly goods is I would have thought enough of a warning to you to take care re that - but hey as you say perhaps it'll be third time lucky eh as lets face it history isn't known for ever repeating itself of anything thankfully ......has it ?

But hey as you trust your guy so empathically ( which is great) I suggest if you haven't already done so ) you just go ahead and give him the pin numbers to all your bank accounts and let him take care of ALL your daily finances just as by your own admission you don't ever have to worry about anything like with him "as he's different". If you chose NOT to do that of course then we ARE it seems having the same conversation after all except now we're just disagreeing about the amount of money you might trust him with perhaps, so yeah, go ahead, knock yourself out, good luck with that and be sure to let us all know how that all ends up once he realises he no longer has to protect the golden goose as he's already got full access to the golden gooses bank accounts anyway........but hey, this one's different so I'm SURE it'll all work out fine - won't it ?

Hmmm what was that old saying again about "There are none so blind than those who cannot see". How apt.

Oh and PS I'm doing the exact OPPOSITE of a Trump as I've struck to exactly what I said and mean throughout my entire posts - at the start I WAS and said I was referring to any boy - but now as you seem intent to keep referring back to YOUR boy then I AM now addressing that and saying if you think "this one if different" etc, just because you're "rescued him" and made his life 10 times better than before ( how arrogant of you by the way to think so) then as I said you're not half as smart as you would like to have us believe you are !
    Last edited by Nirish guy; May 14th, 2017 at 17:18.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    Not replying could be misinterpreted as agreement, hence:
    both world wars were the result of complex social, political and economical situations, and Germany as the looser was pronounced the culprit by the winners.

Germany suffered from the plague, was the playground for the Thirty Years' War, and thoroughly lost both world wars, and bounced back to world-class every time. What else than superiority can you feel?
    the second time was wholly self inflicted of course. This is what happens if stupid people vote for a populist. Hopefully people have learned that valuable lesson.

I personally think they quite clearly have not, if idiots such as Trump can actually be elected as president, there is ample evidence to suggest people still are lead by emotions instead of their brains. Brexit might be another classic example. What those brits were thinking I don't know, but that has to be one of the most stupid decisions ever coming from an electorate. Utterly stupid, and then to think some people apparently didn't even know exactly what they voted for. It's not like this is the dark age, there was ample opportunety to educate oneself. But hence people can't be bothered and rather remain ignorant.

I am glad I'm not a Brit, because they will pay through the nose the next few decades..

3. User who gave Like to post:

francois (May 14th, 2017)

Liked

Justaguy wrote:
    "I am glad I'm not a Brit, because they will pay through the nose the next few decades."

Perhaps although if the EU won't trade with us then we won't trade with them. So presumably all the money that is currently spent on EU goods will be spent on UK goods (or with a country where we have a trade deal) and we do spend way more with them than they do with us. But we've been capitalists for millenia and are actually rather good at it. Can't buy one of the 300 French Cheeses then try one of the 800 British ones. Can't get hold of a BMW roadster then buy one of the 27 sports cars made by a British manufacturer. We've been an independent and uninvaded nation for over 800 years so we'll probably be OK. But thanks for your concern.

Liked

You older folks really need to realize this is now a globalized world, and there's not turning back from it. We're all connected, which is a good thing, because it helps prevents things like war.

Like it or not, we're all in this together. It's 2017, so having an isolationist stance is just stupid in this day and age.

6. User who gave Like to post:

francois (May 14th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Justaguy wrote:
    "I am glad I'm not a Brit, because they will pay through the nose the next few decades."

Perhaps although if the EU won't trade with us then we won't trade with them. So presumably all the money that is currently spent on EU goods will be spent on UK goods (or with a country where we have a trade deal) and we do spend way more with them than they do with us. But we've been capitalists for millenia and are actually rather good at it. Can't buy one of the 300 French Cheeses then try one of the 800 British ones. Can't get hold of a BMW roadster then buy one of the 27 sports cars made by a British manufacturer. We've been an independent and uninvaded nation for over 800 years so we'll probably be OK. But thanks for your concern.
    Realism is something you quite clearly lack. The uk is a tiny little insignificant island. The UK is royally fucked, everyone claiming otherwise need to get their head examined...

I have to laugh at so much ignorance. When do you guys start to use your brains ? That fatso even hinted at continued access to Europe's internal market, and you guys believe that idiot ? Of course there will be no access to that internal market without a contribution that is at the very least equal to the current contribution to the EU.

It begs belief how a tiny little country with a few million inhabitants think they can arrange the same export contracts as the whole of the EU. When something is too good to be true, it always is. But alas, realism seems to be absent in the UK. Good luck.

Liked

Justaguy wrote:
    Blah blah blah. and "It begs belief how a tiny little country with a few million inhabitants think they can arrange the same export contracts as the whole of the EU."

A glance at the history books for you my friend. It 'begs' belief how a tiny little country can become the world's fifth largest economy. And yet...Come back when you've got up to speed.

Liked

Justaguy wrote:
    Blah blah blah. and "It begs belief how a tiny little country with a few million inhabitants think they can arrange the same export contracts as the whole of the EU."

A glance at the history books for you my friend. It 'begs' belief how a tiny little country can become the world's fifth largest economy. And yet...Come back when you've got up to speed.
    I agree we should look at the history books to draw APPROPRIATE lessons.
    England became a great nation by looking beyond its borders. It became an world economic power because it controlled an empire. It no longer controls an empire and if the UK (maybe only England and Wales - if Scotland exits the UK) wants to maintain its economic power it needs to continue to be integrated into the rest of the world.

As an example, London is currently one of the financial centers of the world. Many of those financial jobs are expected to migrate to the European continent post Brexit. Clearly there will be substantial economic harm to London if that happens. Some reality deniers will manufacture some other reality explanation to convince themselves that Brexit will not lessen London as a world financial center. It will.

You are a student of history? You need a much more complex understanding of the subject to draw the appropriate lessens.
    Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, and they all stink.

10. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Dax (May 15th, 2017), francois (May 14th, 2017)

Liked

I'm a student of many things Kittyboy. As we speak (this very minute) bods and mandarins are currently discussing trade deals with countries around the world. Plus in purely trade terms (and I don't particularly like this but it's true) Britain is getting ever closer to China and all that that will bring. However, this is an argument that can run and run and the subject matter is huge and covers a century or more so I shall just say that as a Brit who voted against leaving my belief is that the country will be perferctly OK. Others are free to disagree. Time will tell.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-39912671

Liked

I'm a student of many things Kittyboy. As we speak (this very minute) bods and mandarins are currently discussing trade deals with countries around the world. Plus in purely trade terms (and I don't particularly like this but it's true) Britain is getting ever closer to China and all that that will bring. However, this is an argument that can run and run and the subject matter is huge and covers a century or more so I shall just say that as a Brit who voted against leaving my belief is that the country will be perferctly OK. Others are free to disagree. Time will tell.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-39912671

I am from the USA..the people of the UK obviously make their own decisions.
    I think the UK will be a diminished union post Brexit. But you are correct time will tell.
    I was in Newcastle this past summer when the Brexit vote was taken. I recall reading about the NIssan car factory in Sunderland which produces 450K+ cars a year mostly for export to Europe. Depending on the trade agreements negotiated by the UK for post Brexit those cars may or may not be economical to continue to manufacture in the UK. If they are not economical then that production will move to the continent and Sunderland will lose 10K+ jobs. The Sunderland region voted for Brexit. That logic of voting against ones (possible) self interest seems to me to be the heart of Brexit and the long term consequences for the UK I suspect will be negative.

IMHO

13. User who gave Like to post:

lego (May 16th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    Well, lets hope youre right about that as we all deserve happiness - the fact however that that very phrase ( "this one is different though") is usually the start of every "how I've been totally fucked over by my Asian partner conversation that we all hear from some guy crying into his beer in a beer bar after his been stripped of all his worldly goods is I would have thought enough of a warning to you to take care re that - but hey as you say perhaps it'll be third time lucky eh as lets face it history isn't known for ever repeating itself of anything thankfully ......has it ?

But hey as you trust your guy so empathically ( which is great) I suggest if you haven't already done so ) you just go ahead and give him the pin numbers to all your bank accounts and let him take care of ALL your daily finances just as by your own admission you don't ever have to worry about anything like with him "as he's different". If you chose NOT to do that of course then we ARE it seems having the same conversation after all except now we're just disagreeing about the amount of money you might trust him with perhaps, so yeah, go ahead, knock yourself out, good luck with that and be sure to let us all know how that all ends up once he realises he no longer has to protect the golden goose as he's already got full access to the golden gooses bank accounts anyway........but hey, this one's different so I'm SURE it'll all work out fine - won't it ?

Hmmm what was that old saying again about "There are none so blind than those who cannot see". How apt.

Oh and PS I'm doing the exact OPPOSITE of a Trump as I've struck to exactly what I said and mean throughout my entire posts - at the start I WAS and said I was referring to any boy - but now as you seem intent to keep referring back to YOUR boy then I AM now addressing that and saying if you think "this one if different" etc, just because you're "rescued him" and made his life 10 times better than before ( how arrogant of you by the way to think so) then as I said you're not half as smart as you would like to have us believe you are !
    I am stating the obvious but not all thai guys are thieving whores. I have met quite a few of the thieving whore variety over the many years I have been travelling to thailand. I have also me a few very nice guys (some bar boys some off gayromeo or silverdaddies). I am not particularly romantic or sentimental so I assume any guy I meet in thailand is only after my money. Over time I am willing to adjust my estimation of the motivations of a guy.

Good luck Matt...I hope you have a keeper.
    I ended up marrying a Chinese guy I met online and moved back to the USA so he could get a visa. We have been together 5 years.