List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will Alex Salmond go for a third stint?

Liked

Will Alex Salmond go for a third stint?

With a reported disagreement at the very top of the SNP the very real possibility exists of Alex Salmond becoming leader for the third time. Especially if, as expected the party loses potentially 9 seats to the Tories.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ependence-vote

Liked

Re: Will Alex Salmond go for a third stint?

This is the same pish you tried to get me to read on the last thread.

Personally I prefer AS to NS as I prefer his straight-talking bravado-laden rhetoric to her more cautious let's-please-everybody tippy-toe approach but I realise I'm in the minority in that and that AS does not play well to the female vote especially.

Plus AS needs to win his own Consituency first and foremost - that whole area is natural Tory/Lib territory and the SNP have played a blinder over the years to keep the likes of Moray, Gordon, and Banff & Buchan in their hands, firstly through Winnie Ewing and latterly AS and Angus Robertson.

I suspect that AS will be returned (interesting fact is that AS as a candidate has NEVER lost an election and that's across multiple constituencies and two Parliaments) but I'm a little nervous about Angus Robertson. His consituency returned the highest NO vote in 2014 and IF the Tories can scoop that up rather than it being dissipated amongst 3 parties then he could be in difficulty.

But the idea that by winning 50 of the 59 Scottish consiruencies, NS would be under pressure is just so ludicrous that I'd advise you to quit smoking/drinking/injecting whatever substances youre clearly abusing.

Sheer mischief-making by Arsenal, but of course that's why he posted it

3. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (May 9th, 2017)

Liked

Bump. Because the voters must know the truth.

Liked

Except you wouldn't know the truth if it bit you on the arse

Liked

To answer my own question. Now that the voters have seen through him...NO, he won't.

Liked

What happened in Alex Salmond's seat was that 15,000 Liberal voters directly prostituted themselves to the Tories in order to scupper the SNP

Of course the Liberals have form in such shenanigans - they would boil their grannies down for glue if they thought there was something in it for them. Political whores of the highest order.

You have not heard the last of AS, of that you may be sure.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    But the idea that by winning 50 of the 59 Scottish consiruencies, NS would be under pressure is just so ludicrous that I'd advise you to quit smoking/drinking/injecting whatever substances youre clearly abusing.
    Since we're quoting statistics:
    The Conservatives were/are the largest party before/after the 2017 election and lost 13 seats or ~4% of their seats
    The SNP were/are the third-largest party before/after the 2017 election and lost 21 seats or ~18% of their seats

Imagine the fallout if the Conservatives had lost 18% of their seats! Clearly a triumph for La Sturgeon (not)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...election,_2017
    Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    15,000 Liberal voters directly prostituted themselves to the Tories in order to scupper the SNP
    Because?

Liked

....Because the entire Unionist focus in Gordon was on ousting AS.

The Lib Dems colluded with the Tories by putting up a paper candidate in Gordon and doing no campaigning. Add to that the bizarre spectacle of the Labour Party leader in Scotland urging Labour voters to vote Tory where it would unseat SNP MPs.

It clearly worked and the people of Gordon now have a useless inexperienced 3 job part-time nobody of a Tory MP "representing" them.

That's their choice and hell mend them for it. Likewise in Moray where the Tories will (as part of the Brexit negotiations) proceed to fuck the fishing communities over yet again. These short-sighted bampots have made their beds and can lie in them as far as I'm concerned.

The only mystery is why it interests you so much - and (more so) why it interests Arsenal so much that he is posting on it in FIVE threads concurrently.

Liked

Yes Scottish. They did all that and perhaps plenty more in other parts of Scotland. Why? Because they don't want another referendum, that's why. Fact.

I agree with you about Alex Salmond. He'll be back.

Banned
    Liked

It was, of course, nearly 40% of seats the Nats lost, not 18% (I must have been studying SNP Mathematics at the time I wrote that)