Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Today's Bangkok MRT trivia question

Banned
    Liked

Today's Bangkok MRT trivia question

I'm wondering if any other poster is able to answer the following question:
    At which Bangkok MRT station(s) and between which levels is there a prerecorded apology "Sorry to keep you waiting" made in the lift? The supplementary question is: In which direction of travel is the announcement made? Up, down or both?

2. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (May 12th, 2017)

Liked

Re: Today's Bangkok MRT trivia question

Hmm, I have used the MRT extensively, but never any elevators. My guess is Silom, because of the huge height difference between both platforms and the ticketing area.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by justaguy View Post
    Hmm, I have used the MRT extensively, but never any elevators. My guess is Silom, because of the huge height difference between both platforms and the ticketing area.
    Well, the difference between each of the the platforms and the ticketing area at Silom is replicated at Lumphini and Sam Yan (closest MRT to Soi Twilight). I can't speak for Hua Lampong; I think thereafter, at least as far as Sukhumvit or Phetchaburi, which is as far as I go, both directions are on the same level

Liked

ALL the other stations including Hua Lamphong and Bang Sue have both platforms on the same level.

Have used the MRT quite often, and have certainly passed through all the stations, and used quite a few to embark or disembark. Most often Sukumvit because it's close to my place, but also stations like Lumphini, Silom, Hualamphong, Bang Sue, Chatuchak Park, Lat Phrao, Huai Kwang, Rama IX and Phetburi.

Sam Yam I have never used since the only thing of interest there (Wat Hualamphong) can be easily reached from silom.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by justaguy View Post
    Have used the MRT quite often, and have certainly passed through all the stations, and used quite a few to embark or disembark. Most often Sukumvit because it's close to my place, but also stations like Lumphini, Silom, Hualamphong, Bang Sue, Chatuchak Park, Lat Phrao, Huai Kwang, Rama IX and Phetburi.

Sam Yam I have never used since the only thing of interest there (Wat Hualamphong) can be easily reached from silom.
    As the announcement is in the lift, while that's interesting it doesn't help answer the question

Banned
    Liked

C'mon guys I'm offering a very valuable prize here for the first correct answer

Liked

I usually take the escalator, sometimes even the stairs. Might try the lift next time, and pay attention if there is any announcement.

Banned
    Liked

The prize, Christian, is 5 hours with a447 wherein he will share his intimate knowledge of Bangkok. Mind you, I'm not sure how you'll be spending the remaining 4 hours, 59 minutes and 55 seconds

10. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (May 13th, 2017)

Liked

Ah, yet another quality post from silly little frequent.

12. User who gave Like to post:

frequent (May 13th, 2017)

Banned
    Liked

The answer is - Silom MRT when you take the lift between the station concourse and the overhead walkway to Saladaeng BTS. On the way up - no apology. On the way down (but I think only if you call the lift up from the concourse) - apology. I thought it an easy-peasy question (except for your average sex tourist, and even then they're the mass-transit stations most likely), but apparently not