List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Something fishy about Scottish independence?

Liked

Re: Something fishy about Scottish independence?

Alternatively, your quote (which I didn't even bother reading) from a irrelevant newspaper, my quote from your very own hero

Liked

Your party's leader actually. Already setting the groundwork for disappointment? Without enthusiasm for the cause there's nothing left. Perhaps she's worried that this election might turn out to be a referendum...on her and her government.

Liked

I still haven't read your article but I'd imagine she's saying that the mandate for Indyref2 has already been won in the last UK GE and the last Scottish GE where it appeared in the manifesto they were elected on. The proposal for Indyref2 has also been passed by the Scottish Parliament - which we were assured in 2014 is the most powerful devolved parliament in the world - and therefore she does not recognise that she needs any further mandate.

However I'm interested in your idea of the upcoming GE being a referendum on NS and her Govt - so, if and when she wins handsomely you'll obviously acknowledge that as an endorsement then?

You know - in the same way as you'll undoubtedly claim any victory for May - irrespective of whether it's by 10 seats or 200 seats as an endorsement of her and her Govt?

No I didn't think so.

You're tying yourself in knots and really don't deserve to be taken seriously on these matters.

Last edited by scottish-guy; May 6th, 2017 at 22:49.

Liked

May will win overall. Sturgeon will win in Scotland. But Sturgeon doesn't just need to win, she needs to maintain or better the results of 2015. Otherwise momentum will slip away. If the Tories or Labour take half a dozen seats in Scotland then the possibility of another referendum is all but finished. Smaller political parties have moments but those moments don't last very long. They either achieve success (UKIP) or they fade away (SDP). But if you're downplaying your terms of success already then I think that speaks volumes. Shall we just agree to disagree and wait until June 9 to find out.

Liked

No. let's not - because I don't accept or even respect your weasel-worded interpretation of what constitutes a mandate.

Since when was a mandate for Govt decided by "momentum"? In our Parliamentary system it's decided by results - by the numbers of bums on seats.

Thus it doesn't matter a fuck if Theresa May is returned with a majority of 1 - she would still have won and you are the very person who would make that point.

Perversely, you are now trying to hawk the totally ludicrous proposition that if the result in Scotland is SNP 50 v Assorted Cunts 9, then somehow the Assorted Cunts have won and the SNP has lost.

Get yourself to fuck.

Liked

Perhaps the huge gains the SNP made in 2015 were a political blip. A vote against Labour rather than a vote for your party. Screaming and using most ungentlemenly language won't change that if it's the case. I suspect that you know this, but of course you can't say so publicly, I understand that.
    Last edited by arsenal; May 7th, 2017 at 07:48.

Liked

Liked

Who cares, the Scottish people now have a valid reason to separate from the other English/Welsh/N. Irish who stupidly decided to leave the EU. That decision, whilst democratically determined, is going to cost them an arm and a leg. I welcome the Scottish to the EU. I know the running joke of the Scottish being kineow, but they are welcome nevertheless...

Banned
    Liked

But will there be any Scots left to vote? http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-39830113

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by justaguy View Post
    I welcome the Scottish to the EU.
    Perhaps you could outline the mechanism by which Scotland will be joining the EU?