List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Something fishy about Scottish independence?

Liked

Re: Something fishy about Scottish independence?

2. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (May 3rd, 2017)

Liked

Well Scottish, history might show that David Cameron was trying to save the EU from themselves.

Liked

Or not.

Liked

A disappointing night for the SNP after the local elections. Is this the beginning of the end? We'll know more on June 9 but it's possible this is the start of the decline. I suspect many Scots will never forgive Sturgeon for making the nation look small and desperate following Brexit.

Liked

You see, this is the problem when you believe the State broadcaster's pish.

At one point the BBC newspaper review even announced "The SNP lost Glasgow" and all day they spun the line "the Conservatives have won a seat in the most deprived part of Glasgow", when the truth is:

a) the SNP won Glasgow for the first time in history, ending 40 yrs of Labour rule
    b) the Convervatives "won" that particular seat via Single Transferable Vote in a multi-member Council Ward by securing 9% (yes 9%) of the votes. Plus the seat (in Ferguslie Park ward) is not even in Glasgow, it's in Paisley

The graphic below represents the actual story of the night, and (fuck me!) it's from The Telegraph. I may have to adjust my opinion of it.

telegraphce-768x422.jpg

Now, if you can tell me in which way the SNP had a disappointing night (425 Council seats last time and 431 this time) I'd be very interested.

As regards any implications for #indyref2 - there aren't any, but if you insist:

The Tories stood explicity on a platform of NO INDYREF#2 and as you can clearly see, despite taking the crumbling Labour vote they still lost and by a very wide margin. Will they be shouting "Respect the result"? I doubt it.

Whilst I recognise that the Tories fucked Labour good and proper - it's easy to see who the winner of the elections is.

Unless of course in the parallel universe Arsenal inhabits the party with 276 seats somehow beat the party with 431

Result2017.jpg
    Last edited by scottish-guy; May 6th, 2017 at 19:43. Reason: Add table

Liked

See you on June 8 Scotty. If the SNP loses just a couple of seats then the game's up. But then you know that anyway.
    Last edited by arsenal; May 6th, 2017 at 20:10.

Liked

FYI - a majority of Scottish seats at Westminster is 30, that's all that's required to have a mandate in the wonderful British parliamentary system you love to tell us about.

You stood alongside your life-size cardboard cutout of HM Queen, waved your Union Jack, and sang Land of Hope and Glory all through the David Cameron era when he did not even have a majority in his own right.

Now you're suggesting that the rules for the SNP are somehow different and that we require to win 54 seats out of 59?

You think that argument is in any way credible?

As you can see above, the Labour vote has collapsed and gone to the Tories and this may enable them to win a handful of seats. One of those may well be the seat of the last remaining Labour MP in Scotland.

My prediction is SNP 50, TORY 8, LAB 0, LIB 1

Only in the feeble, pathetic and broken-down mind of a raving British Nationalist could that be recognised as anything other than a tremendous victory for the SNP
    Last edited by scottish-guy; May 6th, 2017 at 20:20.

Liked

It's not about that. It's about peaking and then a slow decline. I suspect that Sturgeon knows that and said as much when she described the coming election as:
    “not about independence or about another referendum”. But I would argue otherwise because if you start losing seats to the Tories then where do you go from there?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ependence-vote

Liked

Well if you want to use quotes, I can do that too

MadCowDisease.jpg

Happy Fapping!

Liked

My quote from last week . Yours from 40 years ago. Mmmmm. Something from William Wallace perhaps?