List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gossip suggests imminent changes to Dongtan beach...

Liked

Gossip suggests imminent changes to Dongtan beach...

As if the last changes - the loss of the chairs in favour of recliners, much-restricted space for concessionaires and weekly beach-free Wednesdays - weren't enough, I overheard on the beach this morning two farang gossiping about even more to come.

Maybe their words were completely unfounded or maybe I've missed a report in the Pattaya Mail, but according to them:

1. During the coming low season all concessionaires will be required to re-apply for their current licences.
    2. All are allowed to re-apply but, if successful, (a) will only be granted a single concession area (apparently some currently hold more than one), and (b) any newly awarded concession will not necessarily be in the same location as heretofore. Thus, on our next visit we may need to go hunting along the beach to find Rit, or whoever else you favour, in some new spot - or else find that he isn't there at all and that perhaps he's been replaced by an operator preferring to cater to the straight market.

This may, of course, be idle gossip of a couple of bored and ill-informed farang and without any foundation at all. If any of it is true, however, it sounds like either another typically Thai instance of more bureaucracy for its own sake - or perhaps yet one more initiative to disrupt the Pattaya sex scene.

Last edited by Marsilius; April 25th, 2017 at 14:38.
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]

Banned
    Liked

Re: Gossip suggests imminent changes to Dongtan beach...

Quote Originally Posted by Marsilius View Post
    beach-free Wednesdays
    Mind-boggling
    Quote Originally Posted by Marsilius View Post
    bored and I'll-informed queens and without any foundation at all
    A queen without her foundation!!More mind-boggling

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Is the beach still concession free on Wednesday or is everything back to normal?

Liked

I asked Rit today and he said that he was not operating tomorrow. Wednesday ban is still in force, it seems.
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]

Liked

It's true that the changes you mention have been discussed by City Council. The Wednesday "nature day" may be extended to include Thursday as well.

"...perhaps yet one more initiative to disrupt the Pattaya sex scene."

There's no basis for saying that, none at all. This is about corruption, another battle in the government's war to re-assert control over public spaces.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

caught late morning bus from ekamai to Pattaya, was at dongtang by 2pm...was rather lovely...quite a few beach lovers enjoying the beach...using towels and reed mats to ly on...going for swims..idylic scene actually...no noise...no unnecessary business...I sourced my beers from the corner 7-11 by the police station until i discovered a shrivelled old lady selling drinks next to the rabbit resort.
    I would fully support halving the number of deck chair concessions...have 30 meter gaps between them ...much more natural...at one stage I found the situation totally riduculous...deck chairs/loungers stretching to the waters edge...like wheres the beach..
    Anyway hope to squeeze in another 1/2 day today...gotta be back in BKK this early evening for work commitments...just like a MB I too need to work for my money...

Liked

Oi! Sexual Deviant:
    Travelling cargo on a Chinese airline. Staying in the cheapest hostel available. Taking the bus. Buying beers from cheap hawkers. Oh deary me, the picture emerging of you is rather different than the one you have tried to portray for so long.

8. User who gave Like to post:

paperboy (April 27th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Wrong arse troll....I've never portrayed myself as a big spender, quite the opposite.....or have u not been reading my informative posts carefully. I love a bargain...be it mb arse or a flight ticket or a hotel room. Besides after several scary taxi rides I feel a lot safer in a bus. And FYI I did prime a1 mb arse yesterday evening and another at 9 this morning ....the 9am mb I lined up already yesterday morning....ones gotta plan ahead. Both cost 800 for 90 min, yes that's right 800....nothing more. Now go crawl back under that rock u share with Scott.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Oh well, all good things have to come to an end, wrapping up my short spur of the moment stay in Pattaya. Glad to report that I like the look of the beach ever since the new regulations were imposed. Lot less empty loungers cluttering the beach, good 15m stretch of open beach between the loungers and the water. On the down side a real butch hottie I booked for 1pm ghosted on me. Maybe the bht700 was too low😖😫😩

Liked

The recent clean up of Dongtan Beach has, I understand included the removal of a horrible greasy oily slick that appeared a day or so ago. Can anyone confirm this?