Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thailand Travel Recommendations

Liked

Thailand Travel Recommendations

hey I will be arriving BKK on 22 may for a 24 day stay - I have been travelling to thailand for over 30 years and I must admit that most of the time over the last few years has been spent in Pattaya, BKK, Phuket and Chiang Mai. When I first wen to LOS I traveled around the country quite a bit..but have forgotten most of my travels.

Anyway, I have a guy who I have been seeing for several years. He has decided we should take a vacation together. He is not a MB in the classic sense (he never worked in a bar but I do give him 500-1000 baht a day when we are together in Thailand). I have asked my friend and of course it is "up to you" and my thinking is well since I do not live in Thailand and you mentioned you wanted to go on vacation maybe it should be "fxcking up to you" but that will not get me anywhere.

Any suggestions on travel destinations within Thailand or nearby?

I am pretty much templed out and I am not big on the touristy things - boat tours, elephant rides, temples, etc. I don't mind nature but tend to want to admire it from afar.

I tend to prefer conversations to go go bars and my friend will not go to bars.

So any suggestions on a place to hang out for a week? A place with a few distractions? Interesting sights to see? etc. but with a few expats who might be interesting company.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, and they all stink.

Liked

Re: Thailand Travel Recommendations

A difficult brief Kittyboy, to say the least. Well a couple of days in Bang Saray would be quite relaxing. It's quiet and has a nice long beach for those as the sun sets romantic walks.

Liked

Not exactly a great recommendation, but if you find yourself in Khon Kaen, and want some of the best Italian food you've ever had, check out a restaurant called Pomodoro's (sp). It's just down the street from Tuckom, right beside the Pullman hotel. Owned by an older Italian guy, excellent serve, and even better food.

Liked

go to cambodia

5. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (April 23rd, 2017)

Liked

My friend probably has a full itinerary planned but will not tell me what he wants to do. Oh well.

Bang Saray might be a good option. A couple days at the beach. A day looking at the Navy boys. A couple of trips to Pattaya for movies etc.

Or Cambodia.. Hmmm..
    Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, and they all stink.

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Bang Saray is no longer the quaint fishing villege it once was it is now peppered with a dozen or so new condo projects and it is really now just a tenticle of Jomtien.
    Last edited by Manforallseasons; April 23rd, 2017 at 22:19.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Forum's veteran
    Liked

For to go to KH=Camb he needs a passport-and you an additional visum (can buy and pay for at entry-have cash US$). Many Thai have a love/morehate perception of Khmer-be aware. I would rather go to MY=Malaysia if it needs to be foreign, as 1st timer, Penang!
    Ask where he has been to, avoid going where he himself comes from, unless you want to surprise the family/parents and all that. Any common interest, like enjoy/hate beaches, climbing, nature or towns, etc.?
    I myself am also not at all into beach etc, so I would think of Kanchanaburi, or Phitsanuloke/Sukhothai (though thats mostly old ruins), or for more rural- Prae/Nan and beyond. do not stay the whole week in 1 place then-choose 2 or 3. treat him on a flight-AirAsia or ThaiLion will do, if hes never been on a plane. oh-BTW-what is his job and can he just take off that long? Looks to me he cannot live from your visits alone.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Not exactly a great recommendation, but if you find yourself in Khon Kaen, and want some of the best Italian food you've ever had, check out a restaurant called Pomodoro's (sp). It's just down the street from Tuckom, right beside the Pullman hotel. Owned by an older Italian guy, excellent serve, and even better food.
    matt, perhaps you and Leo can give him a guided tour or a dinner date at Pomodoro?

10. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (April 24th, 2017), neddy3 (April 24th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    matt, perhaps you and Leo can give him a guided tour or a dinner date at Pomodoro?
    Well, not sure about a guided tour since I'm bland now and all. A dinner date I can do though, especially if it will shut everyone up as to whether or not I'm real.

12. User who gave Like to post:

francois (April 24th, 2017)

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Well, not sure about a guided tour since I'm bland now and all. A dinner date I can do though, especially if it will shut everyone up as to whether or not I'm real.
    I've never thought of your posts as "bland", Matt

14. User who gave Like to post:

Smiles (April 24th, 2017)