Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: BKK brief observations...

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: BKK brief observations...

BKK brief observations...

When I first read the thread title of this thread I just assumed it was a report from Christian about a night he'd spent in Soi Twilight starting at underwear !

2. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (April 26th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Davey612 View Post
    Just curious, what is quality audit? Wandering mind wants to know

Why one that's done really REALLY well of course, not just any old ordinary audit but a real quality one....... :-)

Joking of course, I believe it's more in relation to the auditing of pre-agreed and company laid down quality and production procedures used as part of things such as gaining ISO accreditation and allowing the Company / auditor to monitor exactly those agreed processes are working / being carried out and reporting same back to the company / ISO manager to enable them to further improve their "quality" procedures.......I believe that's about right and can vouch for Latin's discussion re general travel and subsistence allowances being charged and paid as I recall having a run in with the ISO monitoring company who was coming to audit my company. They were billing me something like £200 for a flight, £200 a night for a hotel and perhaps £150 subsistence - this was for a short hope from Manchester to Belfast. I pointed out the flight was £80 and a hotel the same and we would provide all food etc for the guy as we'd be taking him our on the piss etc - tough, non negotiable I was told - funnily I gave up on the idea of ISO accreditation not long after and haven't missed it one bit !

But Latin, do please feel free to enlighten us as I'm only going from my limited experience with the one guy.....

4. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (April 26th, 2017)

Banned
    Liked

Just curious, what is quality audit? Wandering mind wants to know
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_9000

Liked

Thanks Nirish, Frequent. For a second I thought Latin was the flashlight guy. You know, that legendary guy who claims to carry a flashlight to check the "goods." Smiles, help me. Maybe the colonel?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quality audits focus on food manufacturing. I help to ensure that you dont get poisoned when next u buy a finished food product. I strap on my high heels...march in with my clipboard (actually ipad), glasses perched at the end of my pointy witch nose and start poking my nose into areas that ordinary joe customer never sees to ensure that none of u get food poisoning or worse. My job can vary from standing in the change room ( kinky comments please) observing how the workers enter and leave, wash up procedures, disrobing/robing up ) to spending an hour pouring over warehouse documents and supplier receipts to ensure that enough of the correct raw material has actually been purchased to produce the finished product and that something cheaper has not been substituted. I'm very used to asking difficult questions. And correct grammatical command of the english language is really not necessary....80% of the audit is in tick box form with space for bullet point comments.

Liked

Thanks Nirish, Frequent. For a second I thought Latin was the flashlight guy. You know, that legendary guy who claims to carry a flashlight to check the "goods." Smiles, help me. Maybe the colonel?
    Flashlight Rick
    Good lord Davey, that was back in circa 2001. I doubt he is around these days, but for a few months he and his gadgets were in the spotlight, so to speak.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

9. User who gave Like to post:

Davey612 (April 26th, 2017)

Liked

Speaking of empty bars, I am currently in Pattaya (visiting a friend, been ages I went there) and do people wonder why those boystown bars are empty. Even a regular bar charges 150 baht for a beer. When will they ever learn that 150 baht is a ripp-off price ? The five of us went back to pattaya klang, where a beer is 60 baht. These people have no business sense whatsoever, no wonder many go out of business...

Forum's veteran
    Liked

justaguy...I dont mind 150/beer if there is eye candy to be seen and played with...but i feel totally ripped off if I pay 150 and all I get to look at are tired fat scream ugly farangs who dont need a mask at halloween

Liked

Latin wrote:
    "...but i feel totally ripped off if I pay 150 and all I get to look at are tired fat scream ugly farangs who dont need a mask at halloween."

Virtually every go go bar has wall to ceiling mirrors so......
    😠

13. User who gave Like to post:

francois (April 26th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

good one...failed to surpress a good giggle...many thanks