Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: BKK brief observations...

Banned
    Liked

Re: BKK brief observations...

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    oh and stop being such a sleuth...sound like a447 now...so just stop it ...very annoying
    NeverComplainNeverExplain.jpg

Liked

While I like the idea of Freakys' post, the execution was poor. That's Dame Maggie Smith who has never played Miss Marple and the phrase is the rule by which HM QE II reigns.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

think I will set my hair on fire and put it out with a sledge hammer...lot less painfull

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    think I will set my hair on fire and put it out with a sledge hammer...lot less painfull
    I believe the Dowager Countess of Grantham sometimes felt the same way

Liked

Cough cough. Er Sexual Deviant. Aren't you forgetting something?

SDL wrote:
    "arsehole ..not fair that you do a trump on me...throw out an accusation/insinuation and then flounce away ladyboy like.....answer is simple...for this particular job (am auditing 2 separate companies) I received a travel allowance....so I kept the difference ...it was worth almost USD1500......not to be sneezed at. Hell for USD1500 I would stand in the plane toilets for the 11 hours it took."

Mmm. This too is very interesting. A travel allowance. From the two separate companies or just the one? And neither/or one has asked for a receipt from you? They/It just handed over $xxx and you kindly agreed to halve the costs for them. Or not if it's only the one payment. How does this system work then?

Liked

Travel allowances are very common. You get say $150/night for accomadation, another $60/day for food, etc. Happens all the time.

Liked

From two companies, at the same time which is what Latin is claiming? I don't think so Matt. Receipts, taxable income, company paying for one thing and 'employee' using it to buy something else. This happens all the time. Where?

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Travel allowances are very common. You get say $150/night for accomadation, another $60/day for food, etc. Happens all the time.
    And the rest, Matt. Any employee travelling for a multinational or a First World government gets multiples of those amounts. A friend of mine visits multiple overseas clients for his large multinational consulting company employer at a time and gets his accommodation paid for (5-star hotels only a minimum) together with "meals & incidentals" allowances of several hundred dollars a day. You only have to look at various tax office web sites to see what they deem to be a "reasonable overseas travel allowance"

His employer then claws back the travel allowance in what the clients get charged. I'm guessing latintopx's boys easily paid for out of his daily allowance. If you've never been on that gravy train you've no idea how you're missing out

Liked

I'm assuming your friend works in the financial industry, or similar?

I've been trated very generously by clients before, but I've never been on the "gravy train", although my dad has. He was an executive for ExxonMobil, and last 8 years of his career were overseas assignments, so I know how well they can get trated. Exxon are cheap cunts though, so it wasn't the kind of money you're talking about, but nonetheless, he was taken very good care of.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    I'm assuming your friend works in the financial industry, or similar?
    As I said - one of the major consulting companies. Think McKinsey or Boston Consulting Group - that sort of thing. But senior government bureaucrats are similarly well-treated. I have no doubt latintopxxx is reflecting his own situation accurately