Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: FREQUENT ... aka ... KOMMENTARIAT ... BOYGENIUS

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: FREQUENT ... aka ... KOMMENTARIAT ... BOYGENIUS

Now! Now! Matt. Better to get your facts straight before throwing out accusations.

1. I have checked back to September. Only once has a new member posted a request for hotel info - in the thread Inn Saladaeng BKK. The poster was Mickey and he made just that one post. But I defy you to find any post of mine that was anything other than helpful. There have also been threads about the BBB Inn on which I made no comment, several on the Tarntawan hotel when in one I did attempt to bring them all together because there were so many separate threads, and one on the Zing hotel where again I made no comment! So where is there any hotel request post where I drove a first time poster away? It doesn't exist! Perhaps you recall the thread started by the hydra sglad when several posters immediately called out troll. Please note that I was not one!

2. As far as Latin is concerned, I have never hidden my dislike of most of his posting but I have not called for Latin to be banned. I suggest you look at comments made by arsenal and Smiles which have generally been more anti-Latin over a longer period.

So please check facts, Matt, rather than relying exclusively on memory. It happens from time to time that what we think of as fact is merely what we think at the time were probably facts - but were mere confusions.

Liked

I can't be fucked to look it up, but just after SGlad was banned, a little while later someone made an obscure post asking for a hotel recommendation. The first reply was from you, saying the poster was suspicious, because if he used the search function he'd find loads of hotel recommendations. Then as per-usual with SGT, it deterroriated from there, and turned into a huge quueny bitch fest.

n

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by fountainhall View Post
    So please check facts, Matt, rather than relying exclusively on memory. It happens from time to time that what we think of as fact is merely what we think at the time were probably facts - but were mere confusions.
    Indeed - like the assertion that kommentariat was banned. Didn't happen. Fake news.

Liked

Yes indeed, Matt. I wonder why it is so dead.
    Answer: Reading the posts by the trolls gets boring, so eventually some people just spend less & less time contributing.

Where the management of a board will not kick off the obvious offenders, time spent writing long arguments as to why they should kick these members off is time wasted. Even if the argument is perfectly formed, as yours tend to be.

If the board management don't act & you're not satisfied with that (which would be very understandable), well I suppose the best option is to migrate off to a board which is actively moderated.
    Last edited by goji; April 15th, 2017 at 18:30.

5. 2 Users gave Like to post:

fountainhall (April 15th, 2017), frequent (April 15th, 2017)

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by fountainhall
    Now! Now! Matt. Better to get your facts straight before throwing out accusations.
    Quote Originally Posted by fountainhall
    ..........Only once has a new member posted a request for hotel info - in the thread Inn Saladaeng BKK.......So where is there any hotel request post where I drove a first time poster away? It doesn't exist!

So please check facts, Matt, rather than relying exclusively on memory.....

I expect Matt is thinking of the case of DrewSpz in the thread entitled "
    1st time to Thailand... Need some Pattaya Info" dated 20th Feb.

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt
    All the guy did was ask about a hotel, and some of you immediately pounce on him. Do you really need to have your pitchforks and torches ready 24x7 like this? Maybe ttake some Prozac, or something.

7. User who gave Like to post:

frequent (April 15th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I found the thread about the same time as MiniMee. But I was doing more research on it - and both your and MiniMee’s facts are not accurate, although in one instance Matt you are partially correct.

Please note the thread is titled “1st time to Thailand…Need some Pattaya Info”, not with a hotel mentioned in the title. This was indeed from the poster named DrewSpz who worte -

Quote Originally Posted by DrewSpz View Post
    I'm going to Thailand for the first time next week and want to get some pointers on hotels. I'll spend a quick night in Bangkok and am good to go with hotel choice, but am finding Pattaya a little more difficult to decide, given that you have Boyztown, Sunee, and Jomtien.
    At the same time in a different thread “Pattaya host and gogo bars: A review”, he asked –

What does it mean for a boy to 'smoke?' I take it the term is not literal? Thanks! :-)
    Francois replied that it was about cigarettes! Then rollingstone2 wrote that it means a blow job.

As to the general Pattaya thread, I replied and the word troll was indeed mentioned, but not as an accusation –

At the risk of bringing up trolls again, I'm sorry DrewSpz but your question about hotels has been asked many dozens of times before on this Board . . . Did you think about checking the Search engine? It does seem more than a bit odd that anyone visiting for the first time during high season will not have done some at least basic research on the three gay areas and their hotels until just a few days in advance! Besides you give no indication of your budget per night nor whether you desire a single or double, want a pool, be near the gay beach etc.. Most visitors will have made bookings some time ago.

As to the question about "smoking" in the other thread which you have just started here, how long have you been reading this or any other chat room? Have you again checked the search engine?
    My comments re the SGT search engine are perfectly valid. How many people make their first visit to Thailand during the high season and try to book a Pattaya hotel at only a few days notice without having done at least some basic research? OK, maybe a few. But the rest of my comment was designed to elicit more information. How can you suggest hotels without that information?

DrewSpz responded –

I don't even know what a troll is.. hahaha.

I really don't know what 'Smoke' means... i've googled it. Its either something sexual or drug based, obviously.
    Now, if a gay guy who reads gay forums and then asks about the meaning of smoking, inevitably some will query him – as francois did.

However the reference to having googled it doesn’t quite pan out, for a google search on smoking and sexual references will throw up a number of sites specifically mentioning oral sex. That alone makes it somewhat - shall we say - 'odd'!

Put that lot together and if you don’t have some doubts, expressed or not, forum members are bound to be slightly suspicious. Please note, though, he certainly did not leave after my response. He continued to post for several days. Then arsenal made a comment –

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    The writing style of Sglad combined with the subject choice of Sugargrandpa.
    Later, I responded –

I hope I am proved wrong and that he will subsequently post of his Pattaya experiences as a mark of good faith to those trying to assist him. I wish him a happy stay wherever that might be.
    Even later (5 days after his original post and my first post), he posted

I decided to do one night in Jomtien, one in Sunee, and one in Boystown. So let's see how it goes.
    So it is totally wrong to say DrewSpz was frightened off by allegations of being a troll. And you are totally wrong that the thread "deteriorated from there". That is utterly untrue. He received a number of positive recommendations (which I could not give as I am rarely in Pattaya) as well as good wishes.

So an outright statement that he was driven away is just absolutely wrong.

Banned
    Liked

and Bill Clinton didn't have sex with that woman.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

OMG, Another of the kindergarten brigade. No need to cry, though. One of your banned pals is still here

Quote Originally Posted by MiniMee View Post
    The most interesting regulars have already left, virtually left, or been banned.

All we are left with today in the way of 'regulars' is a small clique of nasty egotists who 'like' each other's posts, even when absolutely nothing of note is posted.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

It really is just a game for him, a desperate attempt to make something of his last days…..

….so he’s shuffling down the soi behind his Zimmer frame, on his way to the nearby internet shop, a smile on his face, occasionally chortling (gently, so he doesn’t dislodge any of his false teeth). Entering the shop he’s greeted by the 15 year old manager, “Wadee ka, Khun Frequent”. She doesn’t attempt a wai since she’s found that most farangs ignore it.

He immediately goes into a lengthy explanation about why he’s so happy. “The farangs on the forum, they’re paying attention to me, they’re noticing me, they’re finally paying heed to my existence”.

At a loss, shegestures to a computer at the back of the shop, “Number 20, ka”.

“But don’t you see, I’m being noticed by so many farangs – English, American, Canadian, Australian. They read about me and comment every day, almost as if I did something to deserve their attention”.

“Ka, number 20, ka”.

“Yes, but now I’m somebody. Every day they talk about me. Of course some of them are not quite polite, they use words like childish or puerile…but never mind, you probably don’t know those words”.

Out of frustration, she tries it in Thai. “Ka, baw yee sip, ka”, and she takes his arm to lead him to the computer.

Moments later, heguffaws and announces to her that the Englishman has added two new posts abouthim.

“Ka. Dee, ka”. And she calls her brother to come down to the shop while she takes a break.

12. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (April 17th, 2017), TaoR (April 16th, 2017)

Liked

frequent....kommentariat....boygeenyus...

When I joined this community some years ago, boygeenyus was already here. Smiles was the owner of this forum, then with jinks as a moderator, then elephantspike as an owner with jinks moderating, and then to Neal and lastly to myself and Moses and I. When I speak of this member being banned over the years, this is true...but not by me.

I recall wading into a scrap between boygeenyus and The Colonel and having similar opinions of boygeenyus then as most here do today. The Colonel was much worse, the crap that he would write and the battles both he and boygeenyus started, with each other or involving others. Somewhere in time, it all got too much for jinks and be banned them both. I believe The Colonel returned as Homintern and boygeenyus as Beach Bunny. Homintern lived behind another hydra he created just to harass Beach Bunny, that he called Beached Bunny...using the same avatar as Beach Bunny. I think this banning occurred when elephantspike was the owner and jinks the moderator.

When Neal owned this forum he was Sooty, a black kaftan wearing man...or so he described himself. Kommentariat was created just before I bought the forum from Neal.

I have no way of verifying anything I just wrote, I just have a good memory. Unfortunately, my eyesight is not as good as my memory.

I have explained to the membership already that I accidentally banned kommentariat.I can't recall why he was suspended, I doubt it had anything to do with Lèse majesté as that is not kommentariat's thing, that's more a Khor tose thing. Anyhow, I emptied out the suspended members bin and deleted his membership with all the old memberships I caught Kjun12 using.

Anyone that knows boygeenyus from his CFS days is that this is his background. He's run a forum before, he knows how it all works and he knows how to surf in stealth mode better than most. Even elephantspike, who's knowledge of this sort of thing runs deep, enough to crash the BitchBoard wasn't able to block boygeenyus. Our defense systems here are great at keeping the honest ones out and the hackers that are trying to get in...but we don't have the ability to block someone who enters as a legitimate member, through the normal registration process everyone else goes through. I believe kommentariat already wrote at lengths as to how he is able to do that.

The next issue my friends, we don't have a Rule for lynching other members. We have some Rules that I enforce with the best of my ability. I am and we are open to adding more Rules where the membership sees fit. I am not going to create any Rules to enforce myself. This is not Gaybuttonthai or Gay Thailand, we offer an alternative without too much moderation for those seeking such a forum. We all remember how Neal used to run things here and how the membership hated that, so we do things the exact opposite.

A few weeks ago the witch hunt was in pursuit of workhardplayhard and then MFAS for his disruptive posts, before that it was latintopxx, next week it will be Mini Mee...I'm not interested in the game. My role is to provide the space for you to talk about what you want with who you want.That invitation is out there to everyone, not one member more than another. If you're not interested in engaging one member or another, please consider putting them on ignore. Sometimes this attention that you are giving is precisely what they seek. Don't feed the trolls!

Surfcrest
    Last edited by Surfcrest; April 16th, 2017 at 03:53.

14. 11 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (April 16th, 2017), Aux1010 (April 16th, 2017), Brad the Impala (April 16th, 2017), Dax (April 16th, 2017), GWMinUS (April 17th, 2017), Magnum (April 16th, 2017), Moses (April 16th, 2017), pennyboy (April 17th, 2017), scottish-guy (April 16th, 2017), Smiles (April 16th, 2017), TaoR (April 16th, 2017)