Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: FREQUENT ... aka ... KOMMENTARIAT ... BOYGENIUS

Forum's veteran
    Liked

FREQUENT ... aka ... KOMMENTARIAT ... BOYGENIUS

There is a growing correspondence in the Pattaya Go-go Bars thread about this loathsome poster. It's time that thread got back to the much more enjoyable things in life and a thread opened where members can provide further opinions oaths poster.

Let's recall a few facts kindly provided by Surfcrest and others.

1. This poster has been banned from this forum not once, but twice. Yet for some wholly inexplicable reasons he has been permitted to return.
    2. This poster uses pure lies to describe events which never happened, to continually bring other posters into fantasy trips.
    3. This poster delights in wholly negative posts putting down other posters. He never responds when cornered. He is simply a dissembler and deflector.
    4. This poster has already said he delights in being "very rude, an overly mild description.
    5. This poster has already been responsible for regular posters abandoning this forum to join others.
    6. In sum, he is a disruptive, dissembling, pathetic, disgraceful, proven liar.
    Yet despite all the above, the Board owner has decided he can be banned - then return - be banned again - then return again. One of those bans was for almost bringing this entire Board crashing down with comments about the nation's monarchy - totally forbidden under the rules. If only for that reason, the question has to be: why was he not banned for life?

The owners of this forum are perfectly entitled to set the rules. But since they own the board, they are also perfectly at liberty to change rules at any time. None is so cast in stone it is there for time immemorial. So -

1. Why is he still permitted to pollute this Board with his postings?
    2. When is a ban a ban - and when is it not a ban? Can the membership please be informed?
    3. Under what conditions, if any, was he permitted to retune?
    4. If one member is permitted to return several times, does this mean that other banned members are permitted to return?

Some years ago the poster Beachlover almost devastated this Board and the gaythailand Board. On gaythailand, the owner refused to ban him. It took a revolt from posting members before action was finally taken and a permanent ban was effected. I trust the owners will realise that action on this Board against this poster has already started.

Finally, to lighten the mood, frequent aka kommentariat aka boygenius reminds me a little of one of Kurt Weill's songs "Alabama", here sung by his widow Lotte Lenya, with its wonderfully wistful yet acerbic bar-sodden lyrics, some of which include -

Oh show me the way to the next whisky bar
    Oh don't ask why, don't ask why!
    For we must find the next whisky bar
    For if we don't find the next whisky bar
    I tell you we must die!

Oh moon of Alabama . . .

Oh show us the way to the next pretty boy
    Oh don't ask why, don't ask why!
    For we must find the next pretty boy
    For if we don't find the next pretty boy
    I tell you we must die!

Similar Threads:

Liked

Re: FREQUENT ... aka ... KOMMENTARIAT ... BOYGENIUS

Go look in the mirror.

Gee, I wonder why the forum is so dead?

• 2 Users gave Like to post:

Dax (April 16th, 2017), pennyboy (April 15th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
      Liked

Yes indeed, Matt. I wonder why it is so dead. You are not involved in the OP but since you raise the question - how many threads have you started since October 1st? What to know? 5. That's just one more than the twice-banned liar frequent and just two more than the hydra sglad/SugarGrandpa. How many did I start? 35 on a wide variety of subjects including trip reports, lots of photographs etc.

Bringing this up was absolutely not my intention at all. But it was you who brought it up. You still say the forum is dead? I wonder why! I trust you have a mirror or two in Khon Kaen!
      Last edited by fountainhall; April 15th, 2017 at 12:32.

Forum's veteran
      Liked

The cost to the board owner of allowing frequent to remain (or return in future) could be simply that the moderators preview all of his posts and prevent the posting of anything that is either in conflict with Thai law or morality, or in conflict with the generally accepted traditions of non-offensive writing. Of course that might mean that only one in a hundred of frequent's posts ever see the light of day on this board, but it would certainly be welcomed by the rest of the board members. Moderators don't have enough time for that? Then the obvious solution is to ban the individual.

To put this matter to rest, the board owner could state his reason why frequent cannot be banned. That transparency would allow existing board members to make an informed decision about whether to remain with SGT.

• User who gave Like to post:

fountainhall (April 15th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
      Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bobsaigon2 View Post
      To put this matter to rest, the board owner could state his reason why frequent cannot be banned. That transparency would allow existing board members to make an informed decision about whether to remain with SGT.
      I agree 100%. One problem, I suggest, is that there are in fact no moderators on this forum - only the owners. Moses does intervene very occasionally but I am sure he will agree that his lack of fluency in English makes it all but impossible for him to monitor every post and understand its nuances.

So that leaves Surfcrest. Let's not forget that Surfcrest rescued this forum after the disaster of Neal and every member here owes him debt of gratitude. So it is very difficult to make accusations of favouritism or whatever. But the fact is that he remains the only moderator. As an active businessman I cannot believe he has the time to devote to monitoring the Board as regularly as he would perhaps like.

But the lack of transparency about frequent in his various guises is now a major issue. I did not read this forum for many years because it was impossible to access it in Bangkok other than through a slow proxy server. So I rarely bothered. Surfcrest solved that problem. I believe I am right in saying that when he took over there was a form of general amnesty. However, the banning of kommentariat took place some time AFTER that amnesty. So why is he still here posting as frequent?

Liked

If the board owners want to ban and block someone...I see no reason why they can't... It is THEIR site....so be it..If they think they have reason to do so...go for it..

• User who gave Like to post:

fountainhall (April 15th, 2017)

Banned
      Liked

Oh dear. The wooden cross has been assembled, the nails are ready but Pontius Pilate refuses to wash his hands and allow the pompous Pharisees to carry out their precious crucifixion. What a way to spend Easter.

Forum's veteran
      Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
      What a way to spend Easter.
      Time then to scurry back into your rat hole as nicely described by Surfcrest, twice banned liar!

Banned
      Liked

Quote Originally Posted by fountainhall View Post
      Time then to scurry back into your rat hole as nicely described by Surfcrest, twice banned liar!
      You appear to have misinterpreted an ironic comment as a complaint. No surprises there

Oh and while you're at, can you provide links to the post where Surfcrest announced kommentariat was banned?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by fountainhall View Post
      Yes indeed, Matt. I wonder why it is so dead. You are not involved in the OP but since you raise the question - how many threads have you started since October 1st? What to know? 5. That's just one more than the twice-banned liar frequent and just two more than the hydra sglad/SugarGrandpa. How many did I start? 35 on a wide variety of subjects including trip reports, lots of photographs etc.

Bringing this up was absolutely not my intention at all. But it was you who brought it up. You still say the forum is dead? I wonder why! I trust you have a mirror or two in Khon Kaen!
      Few things. I didn't get back online until mid-Oct I think, plus my life has been really boring since, so not sure what I'm supposed to post about. "Hey everyone, I cooked some prok for my dogs today!"? For some reason, I don't think people would give a shit. That, and...

1.) No disprespect, but you always blast members off the board. One guy a little while back just asked for a hotel recommendation, you immediately blasted him as a troll, and I don't think we've heard from him since.

2.) You realize you're antagonizing the situation, right? I don't really like frequent or latin either, so you know what happens? We ignore each other, and both continue having a jolly good time on the board.

My only exception to #2 though is when idiots like Smiles or a447 call me a liar for going blind, because that really hits a nerve with me. Jokes on them though, because it just proves they have no decency or empathy within them.

Come on fountain, you're better than this. I remember that one multi-page thread trying to get latin banned. That didn't go well, so why do you think this would be any different?

• 2 Users gave Like to post:

Dax (April 16th, 2017), frequent (April 15th, 2017)