Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: traveller info for LAOS

Liked

Re: traveller info for LAOS

Thanks a lot for all the replies to my post.
    It will be a great help!

Liked

I stayed in a guesthouse (don't remember the name, but would be able to point it out on a map) in 2011 and 2014, no problem with joiners 2011 (no occasion to test in 2014).

My most lasting impression is the worst Tom Kha Gai (bone splinters in the food, my pet peeve) I ever had (and probably the most expensive as well) on a restaurant overlooking the Mekong. My guesthouse rather overprices as well, compared to rural Thailand.

Having been twice to Luang Prabang, it's an interesting city, but I don't see the attraction. I describe it as Pattaya for do-gooders.

I like the waterfall near LP very much, especially climbing up, passing through the water, and climbing down the other side.

I found the day bus trips in Lao rather unpleasant (slow and shaky) to horrible (LP to V); the overnight Vientiane to Xiang Khuag was ok.

I posted about tourist and travel stuff here: http://christianpfc.blogspot.com/search/label/Lao

3. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (April 12th, 2017)

Liked

I can't see any comparison between Sin-City-on-Sea and an ancient city without bars- or their denizens. And I'm not sure why do-gooders should go there; P. and I were there for enjoyment. Admittedly, he prays in the temples but he does that in Pattaya and Bangkok as well., We then flew to Pattaya for enjoyment of a rather different kind..

One thing I do agree with; we didn't think that the restaurants were anywhere near the quality of those in Thailand.

5. User who gave Like to post:

fountainhall (April 13th, 2017)