Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: traveller info for LAOS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: traveller info for LAOS

When checking my photo files, I realised that my trip was actually 14 years ago! I suspect hotel/B&B regulations were slacker then as I recall no notices in my guest house about room visitors. I had noticed two very cute waiters when having dinner in a restaurant round the corner from my guest house (turn right out of the front door and then right again is all I recall). Imagine my surprise when one turned up on his motor cycle to be my evening guide! He made it pretty clear he'd like to come back to my room but that night I was just too tired. Sitting having a drink by the river on my last afternoon, a group of tall schoolboys (or so I assumed they had to be as they were in uniform with shorts) came and sat at the next two tables. Two were very obviously gay with one gesturing to me and pointing to his friend. I guessed that did not mean he wanted me to buy his friend a coffee - but I could have been wrong! But I had no time to find out as my flight awaited.

I loved walking around the old town with all those temples - so much smaller than their Thai counterparts. Seeing the town from the oddly named Phousi mountain was also interesting. And the trip upriver to the Pak Ou caves was both fascinating and fun.

LP_Monk_Reading.jpg

LP_Other_Wat3.jpg

LP_Other_Wat7.jpg

Mekong2.jpg

Pak_Ou_Caves2.jpg

2. User who gave Like to post:

Oliver (April 12th, 2017)