Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pattaya go go bars

Liked

Pattaya go go bars

Pattaya is down to 12/13 go go bars from perhaps 40 in the past. Such a carnage of a once proud and honourable industry. It makes me cry. The four in Sunee are pure go go bars offering little except drinks and boys which is fine by me. Always love Nice Boys and Eros too is usually fun. Winner Boys and Power Boys are stocked with twinkie winked and so I rarely venture past the front door. Down in Boyztown it's simply dire. 360' Bar has loads of boys but it's impossible to know who works there, who is offable and who is just hanging around. Most of the terrace seating is taken up should you want to sit outside. So a visit there was a little uncomfortable. Kawai Boys and Dream Boys are both offering a good mix. X-Boys has about 8 long in the tooth guys all of whom are also in the show. A couple of nice lookers work the door but are not offanle and one continually nuzzles his heavily pregnant girlfriend in the bar. Cupidol seems to be doing well and Vasser is still in the game. A-Bomb had six boys none of which appealed to me and I could have done without hearing the word 'farang' spoken continually when I'm the only one there. Toy Boys seems to be doing ok for now but one can sit is Prisms and see every boy available for half the drink cost. BBB also is doing ok but with about 80/90 staff on the payroll they need to fill the place regularly. On occasions recentlu it often felt as if I was the only customer in the whole complex.

Liked

Re: Pattaya go go bars

was in Kawai boys last week.I was the only person there.The mirrors were dirty and one was even broken.The place is a disgrace.Cupidol was great,nice waiters and good looking guys.Toy boys was very busy.Cupidol is making an effort to get people in and it is working.In saying that all places have quiet nights..

Liked

So sad Wild West Boys has still not returned

Liked

Thank you for the update. My favourite is Dream Boys and I hope to be there about the middle of the month. It is sad customers are thin on the ground.

Liked

It's very sad to hear that Pattaya is down to 12/13 go go bars from perhaps 40 in the past,someone has a reasonable explanation to this ? Are we the gays extinction species ?

Liked

They say it's the apps. It will play a role but I doubt it's the main reason. Go go bars add something extra. And it is easier, and all you see is readily available.

I think the younger gay generation is not into sex tourism because of financial reasons. The older gay sex tourist generation is dead, or just finished being a sex tourist. So what you see now are the 50-60 year olds. Those who were young at the last time it peaked. The left overs. Newbies like me are rare.

The main reason is: the new generation in the West is less affluent than their parents generation.

7. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (April 3rd, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by AsDaRa View Post
    They say it's the apps. It will play a role but I doubt it's the main reason. Go go bars add something extra. And it is easier, and all you see is readily available.
    I agree the bars add something. But for whom is it easier? The boys? Perhaps - but increasingly unlikely. The owners? Increasingly unlikely. The customers? Many, I expect. But if the customers don't turn up, that becomes the main reason - surely?

Quote Originally Posted by AsDaRa View Post
    I think the younger gay generation is not into sex tourism because of financial reasons. The older gay sex tourist generation is dead, or just finished being a sex tourist.
    Ha! I can see a barrage of comments from older members of this Board who are far from dead and far from sexually inactive!

I also don't agree that the younger generation is not into sex tourism - nor that the reason is just financial. The key, I suggest, is that whilst parts of Asia offered a lot that was almost unique for gay tourists 20, 30 and more years ago, not many western countries did. Now parts of Europe could be termed sex destinations, much of the Caribbean (have you tried Havana yet?), Brazil etc. And most of these destinations are cheaper to get to and almost as cheap once you are there. I think a desire variety has something to do with it.

Thailand is just slowly coming to the end of a cycle. The same happened in Berlin after the 1920s, and Amsterdam and Hamburg after the 60s, '70s and 80s.

9. 3 Users gave Like to post:

GWMinUS (April 6th, 2017), stkyricesf (April 9th, 2017), werner (April 3rd, 2017)

Liked

fountainhall,
    You have a great sense of history and perspective to explain the decline of go-go bars in Thailand.

Other points:
    The go-go bars might be in decline, and possibly going extinct, as discussed in several threads in this Forum.

However, the old punters are NOT facing their demise! I am almost 69 and still going strong......

11. User who gave Like to post:

fountainhall (April 3rd, 2017)

Liked

I'm 70 and still shag like a 69yo.

13. 6 Users gave Like to post:

BenCH (April 15th, 2017), fountainhall (April 3rd, 2017), ggobob (April 4th, 2017), Nirish guy (April 3rd, 2017), TaoR (April 13th, 2017), werner (June 23rd, 2017)

Liked

I started visiting Pattaya in 1996 and, at that time, there were only a dozen or so go go bars in the Boyztown area, a couple in Day/Night and a couple in North Pattaya. So the situation today in Boyztown is much the same as in, what for me at least, was Pattaya's Golden Age.
    There was no Sunee scene until about 1998 , nor one at Jomtien until even later. In terms of gay venues, as opposed to go go bars, we have much more choice today than then. Of course, the scene seemed busier but then it was smaller. And in those days, although Jomtien becah was a more interesting place to spend a few hours, the restaurants, shopping malls, massage places and even a gay sauna provide more opportuniites for entertainment in the afternoons. I used to find the few hours before the bars opened rather dull. Not now.
    There are disappointing aspects today but we should try to look positively at some of the improvements as well.

15. 4 Users gave Like to post:

fountainhall (April 3rd, 2017), llz (April 6th, 2017), splinter1949 (April 4th, 2017), Up2U (April 3rd, 2017)