Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Deli Diner

Liked

Deli Diner

I'm going to plug this one again. I had dinner there a few times recently. Roast pork with Dauphin potatoes, chicken escalope with mushroom sauce and salmon with dill sauce were all wonderful, The lasagne there is about as good as it gets. Baht for baht this restaurant is a match for any serving western food. What I particularly like is the total generosity that is served on the plate. They also have copies of The Daily Mail so a certain member from north of the border can sit there while eating a wonderful full ENGLISH breakfast and work himself up into a furious rage about,,,well, everything.

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

scottish-guy (April 1st, 2017), Surfcrest (April 1st, 2017)

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Re: Deli Diner

Fuck the food, the Daily Mail is poison, and I wouldn't go anywhere that thinks it's customers might want to read it!

4. User who gave Like to post:

Surfcrest (April 1st, 2017)

Liked

3 courses for 299 baht. You could just look at the sports pages Brad.

Liked

Bangkok? Pattaya? Where?

Liked

Day-Night Plaza, Pattaya.

Walked by tonight and noticed that lasagna was on the menu and was tempted but kept on walking. Maybe next time.

Liked

Thanks. Haven't visited that area for years.

Liked

Chuai-Duai. It's a bit of a dining destination with about 6/7 nice places to choose from. Food wise DD is a cut above Le Petite Planete and Cuisine au Buerre.

Liked

Arsenal, I would say Deli D is a cut below those other establishments. But each to his own.

Liked

Francois: The Greek salad at DD was far superior to both PP and CaB. I've never seen Gratin Dauphinoise on the menu at the other two but at DD was executed superbly, as was the beetroot soup. And get yourself there for a bowl of Lasagne.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    Arsenal, I would say Deli D is a cut below those other establishments. But each to his own.
    Well sorry to disagree my good friend 'francois' but having tried both Petite Planet and Deli Diner for Pork Loin/medallions last trip Feb/Mar, I found Deli superior in both taste and portion size, taste being the more important of the two for me. I also got a surprise at Deli Diner's breakfast offering. Not unless there has been as change of ownership.

After days of eating only Thai which I do love, and bf is good cook, I really crave western food. When staying at Mosaik last trip Feb/Mar most days I had a coffee at Deli and one day had a flick through the menu to find English breakfast, it just didn't look like the type of place which could do a decent western breakfast as I only ever saw Thais work there and in my mind no western influence, therefore I expected streaky bacon, frankfurter sausages so when I ordered a breakfast I asked them to ditch the sausages and beans which I never eat, as it looked like there were plenty of other offerings. I think the breakfast may have been as little as 99 baht but maybe 129bt whatever a huge bargain, anyway I received a huge breakfast plate with no beans but they had still served the sausages and to my surprise were nice pork sausages like home with lean back bacon, egg, tomato, potatoes, toast and coffee/juice included, all-in-all it was too much for me but very good.

There were other British dishes on the menu like Cottage Pie etc... and another customer did tell me he thought the owner was actually an Englishman from north/Yorkshire perhaps?...and so the reason for original british breakfast items and those in the main menu. Maybe someone can confirm this.

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    3 courses for 299 baht. You could just look at the sports pages Brad.
    In my opinion who in their right mind travels thousands of miles to Asia surrounded by a different culture to pick up ANY uk newspaper/rag, personally I travel that distance to GET AWAY from all the things which remind me of 'home' 'euroland' 'Britain/Brexit' the exception being EuroBoys bar in Sunee....in name only of course.

I don't bother with 3 courses at the Pattaya eateries as it's way more than I need, I find one course perfectly sufficient. So try looking through the main menu and you'll find Pork Medallions/loin steaks with mash, nice veg and pepper/mushroom sauce and a big portion for Bt129 if I remember correctly, I buy individual rather than 'special' 3 course not really to save money but I rarely eat the sweet, might nibble starter so it's a waste. The individual dishes are very inexpensive and delicious..

13. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (April 3rd, 2017)