List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: GOD closed, Sex industry squeezed?

Liked

Re: GOD closed, Sex industry squeezed?

Because of the huge improvement in the Thai economy since the military junta took over cause that less thai are willing to work as go go boys ,this force the bars to employ non thai boys.

2. User who gave Like to post:

fountainhall (March 31st, 2017)

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by BOY69 View Post
    Because of the huge improvement in the Thai economy since the military junta took over
    I do love a poster with a sense of humour - we have too few of them. fountainhall is more like the Rowan Atkinson character in Four Weddings & a Funeral, making a complete clusterfuck of conducting his first wedding. Earnest, but ...

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Nice to see your character frequent, the very jovial Gareth, making a cameo appearance! Have you actually seen any other movies?

Liked

Hasn't the scene been dying anyway?

I spent a bit of time on Soi Twilight last Sunday. Very quiet. Had dinner at Maxxis - lots of boys going into Xboys looked more Vietnamese to me.

Sat at Dick's for a drink. Several people ascended the stairs at Boys Bangkok only to come right back down a minute later. Presumably when they were asked to pay the high entry fee.

Overall not much traffic. But I guess it is low season, right?

At least the massage places will be in business for a while.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

There are a lot of posts here and the other boards about how the scene is indeed slowly dying for a variety of reasons.

Anyone know if it is true G.O.D. is permanently closed?

I'm never quite sure when the high and low seasons start. Years ago December was the start. Then it moved to November, Then hotels got together and decided high season pricing would start in October, usually a very rainy month. With Songkran and Easter falling in April this year, I'd have thought at least part of the month should be high season. A few years ago when Easter was early April I took a holiday in Khao Lak the the following week and the hotel was absolutely packed with European families.

Liked

Apart from maybe 3 weeks over Xmas/New Year "high season" now is about the equivalent of low season 15 years ago

Forum's veteran
    Liked

....and scotty on what basis do u say this?? Numbers in bars?? Foot traffic in boyztown?

Liked

as for high/low season - if the number of people at the airport is anything to go by, things seemed fairly low there. When I arrived (late Thurs evening, shortly after 11) lines at immigration were very short. On departure Friday morning things also seemed to be not so full. Although my Korean flight to Seoul was quite full.

General number of people around town seemed pretty good though. I presume many were tourists and not expats. It's crazy how full the BTS is all day long now. This was my first visit this time of year. The heat was unbearable for the most part. Things here is Seoul are so much cooler now...makes walking around all day more palatable.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by fedssocr View Post
    It's crazy how full the BTS is all day long now.
    The problem is that both lines have been extended by 5 or 6 stations but the BTS authorities keep refusing to add more carriages on the Sukhumvit line. This has 23 stations whereas the Silom line has just 13. Yet the Silom line trains mostly have 5 carriages and the Sukhumvit line just 4. It makes no sense! Crowding at Siam during the late afternoon rush hour is really bad and it's not uncommon to have to wait for at least 3 trains before you can get on!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by fountainhall View Post
    The problem is that both lines have been extended by 5 or 6 stations but the BTS authorities keep refusing to add more carriages on the Sukhumvit line. This has 23 stations whereas the Silom line has just 13. Yet the Silom line trains mostly have 5 carriages and the Sukhumvit line just 4. It makes no sense! Crowding at Siam during the late afternoon rush hour is really bad and it's not uncommon to have to wait for at least 3 trains before you can get on!
    Actually they did add a carriage, (about 1.5 years ago), it used to be much much worse before that time. I stopped using it around that time, now I am back using the BTS, because in general it is pretty ok.

I don't think it makes any sense to add stuff to the silom line, in any case they still have the Saphan Thaksin bottleneck to worry about. Talk was they would demolish the station and add a walkway between the station and Surasak. To date nothing has been done to that effect.