List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: GOD closed, Sex industry squeezed?

Liked

GOD closed, Sex industry squeezed?

Another forum is saying the military has closed GOD club and there are repeat visits by the police to Soi Twilight to discourage foreign workers there. There are also reports of government/local government efforts in Pattaya to crack down on the sex industry. What are members who are in Thailand seeing on the ground?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: GOD closed, Sex industry squeezed?

This is also mentioned on a website titled FOURSQUARE (about which I know nothing - just googled G.O.D.) -

G.O.D. Bangkok
    (Now Closed)

Elsewhere on the page it states Permanently closed

Nothing yet on sites like travelgayasia - but then that is often slow to update its information. The other forum suggests something about not having a proper licence. No doubt we will learn more in the coming days.

It also appears true that there have been two police visits to Soi Twilight go-go bars over the last few days. The targets were the Vietnamese, Cambodian and Lao boys working there without proper visas (i.e. most of them). These guys disappeared fast. Those presumably with some kind of visa were permitted to continue to work, but only in street clothes. That makes three police visits in 6 weeks - more than I can recall over such a short period of time since the first of Thaksin's Social Order campaigns back in 2001. At that time most bars were closed for a while and then subject to restrictions. After some weeks, they were back more or less to normal although shows were toned down. Since then raids have been far less common. Is this part of a new crackdown? Really hard to say. It will take a few more weeks before we find out.

Anyone know if the cluster of bars including Tawan, Super A, Golden Cock and Nature Boys had similar raids?

Liked

A "raid" on Nature Boys would be a bit of a misnomer, methinks. At most, the maximum police deployment would be just two officers - about all that could fit in the place.
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]

4. 4 Users gave Like to post:

BonTong (March 30th, 2017), christianpfc (April 1st, 2017), fountainhall (March 29th, 2017), scottish-guy (March 29th, 2017)

Liked

I have been to GOD (or Freeman as it was previously called) a few times. Would not associate the place with the sex for hire scene. I guess their closing times and licensing might have something to do with the closure.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

...never mind...grindr will come to the rescue...or at least will do until these idiots realise that their tea money has dried up...

7. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (April 1st, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Well as I was always told it's (the) police who own it anyway I'm sure it'll be open again soon enough once enough (more) money has been paid over (again) .......and or they get their new supply in to distribute from the staff to the customers.......

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Don't the BIB also own Classic Boys?

Liked

So are the military putting the squeeze on the police for their cut. Oh the irony.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Little wonder that drinks prices are now so high!

Liked

My source says the police came again tonight to soi twilight.