List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What the hell is wrong with doctors here?

Liked

Re: What the hell is wrong with doctors here?

The few times I had health problems, I got a quick, efficient, and comparatively cheap treatment. Praise the Thai health system! (Based on experience as a foreigner, going to private hospitals/doctors/pharmacies.)

2. User who gave Like to post:

scottish-guy (April 1st, 2017)

Liked

I have only been to the hospital once in Thailand, but had a good experience.

Late one night about 25 years ago, I got knocked down by a tuk-tuk in the Silom area. [The accident was MY fault, because I did NOT look before I stepped out into the street.] The tuk-tuk hurried away, but several Thai guys immediately came over and helped me to the nearby hospital. The emergency doctor treated bloody wounds on my face and neck, and took x-rays. Everyone at the hospital was kind and professional. I do not remember the fees exactly, but I think they charged me only a few hundred baht. Two Thai guys that had helped me to the hospital waited during the examination, and took me back to the nearby Rose Hotel. The middle-aged lady that ran the Rose Hotel front desk winked at me as the two Thai guys helped me to my room. I suppose that she thought that they were my companions for the night.....

4. User who gave Like to post:

goji (April 4th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by werner View Post
    Two Thai guys that had helped me to the hospital waited during the examination, and took me back to the nearby Rose Hotel.
    That's commendable behaviour on their part.

I presume Thailand has a decent culture on these matters & if so, hope it's not challenged by the kind of perverse cases where people sue their helpers (as seen in China, for example).

6. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (April 4th, 2017)