List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: got assaulted by boyfriend friends while he was cheering them...

Liked

Re: got assaulted by boyfriend friends while he was cheering them...

Another thread that takes in interesting course! I'm late to the party, nonetheless some comments:

Quote Originally Posted by workhardplayhard View Post
    Basically the last 2 weeks there was 3 situations in where he was late (one of them situation i had to wait 2 hours...) and i am tired of always waiting for him. So 2 days ago he had a party with his friends...
    Assuming on all 3 situation he was out drinking with his friends:
    your boyfriend should drink less and study more.

One important bit of information is missing: do you give any financial or material support to him?

Your English is ok for posting on this forum, but not for teaching.

You could ask your boyfriend to quit excessive drinking and hanging out with his friends, but he will probably choose alcohol and friends over you.

Quote Originally Posted by fountainhall View Post
    Well, guess what. I beat you to it and found out from google the actual shortest distance between Chiang Mai and Doi Saket. And guess what google comes up with?

41 min (27.9 km) via Route 121 and Route 1014
    40 min (32.5 km) via ถนน สมโภชเชียงใหม่ 700 ปี and Route 118
    54 min (34.6 km) via Route 11 and Route 118

So who does not know what he is talking about? I notice you just slipped in to your last post "Central Festival". But that is far from "downtown" Chiang Mai as you earlier stated and it is far closer to Doi Saket! How about your claim that this would be the distance between Doi Suthep and Doi Sakhet. Want to know the google distance for that trip? 34.7 kms. So, once again, who has been talking bullshit?
    When I search for way from Chiang Mai to Doi Saket on google maps, it chooses a point about 9 km south of the center of the old town as "Chiang Mai", and then gives the distances you quoted. (I could already see from "Route 121 and Route 1014" that there must be something wrong, as this is not the shortest way from CM to Doi Saket).

However if I go from Wat Chedi Luang Worawihan (about center of Chiang Mai old town) to Wat Phra That Doi Saket (about center of Doi Saket) I get "43 min (22.2 km) via Route 118" which is close to the OP's numbers. And Central Festival is NE of CM, that means closer to Doi Saket. Anyway, I wouldn't argue about "15-20 km" versus 28 km.

Love it how a post about relationship problems turns into intricacies of Thai geography!

Even if the op's numbers are correct here, I wouldn't be surprised if he turned out to be a troll, as the rest of the story is fishy. But then, when I started posting, I was accused of being a troll, so I give the benefit of doubt.

Apart from the occasions where I know better than fountainhall when it come to gay saunas in Thailand or intricacies of Thai geography, I bow to his experience and knowledge in all things South-East Asian, and especially thank for advice on Taipei, a place I would not have gone to if it hadn't been for fountainhall's reports on the forums. Whoever suggests fountainhall go out more must have missed all those excellent trip reports.
    Last edited by christianpfc; April 1st, 2017 at 12:33.

2. 6 Users gave Like to post:

Aux1010 (April 2nd, 2017), BonTong (April 1st, 2017), Brad the Impala (April 1st, 2017), colmx (April 1st, 2017), fountainhall (April 2nd, 2017), scottish-guy (April 1st, 2017)

Liked

Fountainhall's knowledge of geography indeed is extensive. He once led me on an around-the-world search for an elusive bottle of Champagne (or was it wine?) Never did find it!

4. User who gave Like to post:

fountainhall (April 2nd, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    Apart from the occasions where I know better than fountainhall when it come to gay saunas in Thailand or intricacies of Thai geography, I bow to his experience and knowledge in all things South-East Asian, and especially thank for advice on Taipei, a place I would not have gone to if it hadn't been for fountainhall's reports on the forums. Whoever suggests fountainhall go out more must have missed all those excellent trip reports.
    Christian I really am delighted you enjoyed Taipei and that one or two others have been encouraged also to visit. Next time you must try and see more of the island. There is a trip report from my round-the-island tour in June last year elsewhere on this forum. And of course by far Asia's largest Gay Pride Parade this year will be held in Taipei on Saturday 28 October.

When you finally make it to South America, Michael and Firecat69 have several reports of Brazil over on gaythailand. But should you need advice on Argentina, Chile and Peru, do let me know as I'll happily recommend an itinerary!! Since there are a few here who believe I need to get out more and get a life here are some of my South American photos

The near 3km long Iguazu Falls on the border of Brazil. Argentina and Paraguay
    Iguazu_Falls.jpg

The Torres del Paine National Park in the far south of Chile
    Torres_del_Paine_Natl_Park.jpg

The advancing Perito Moreno Glacier in the south of Argentina
    Perito_Moreno_Glacier.jpg

The Cathedral in the old Inca capital of Cusco with the city's rainbow flag
    Cusco3_lr.jpg

Unmistakably Macchu Pichu
    Machu_Picchu.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    Fountainhall's knowledge of geography indeed is extensive. He once led me on an around-the-world search for an elusive bottle of Champagne (or was it wine?) Never did find it!
    I regret that bottle of champagne was won by another poster. And then I compounded your disappointment by trying to flog you a bottle of Dom Perignon that I suspected might have been in the wine cooler for a few years too long. To the disappointment of both of us, I was proved right!
    Last edited by fountainhall; April 2nd, 2017 at 01:46.

6. 4 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (April 2nd, 2017), Dax (April 3rd, 2017), Patanawet (April 3rd, 2017), werner (April 3rd, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Great pics - can I assume you're a bit of a photographer as a hobby and have a great camera perhaps ? Also just out of interest was Cusco's flag up for a reason such as Pride week etc or do they fly it all year ? Not bad pics for someone who doesn't have a life - hey hold on, are you SURE you took those and you didn't scan them from a magazine and you DONT actually have a life after all perhaps !?? lol Ha actually re that Macchu Pichu pic I WAS seriously going to ask you about where you took that and is there a sign and a space on the path that says "best photo op here" perhaps as I think just about EVERy pic I've ever seen of that place seems to have been taken from that VERY same spot ! ?

8. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (April 3rd, 2017), Patanawet (April 3rd, 2017)

Liked

Yes - valid point about those magazine quality pics.

How come I have to stick a fucking thistle on my pics and include something bearing the date in order to authenticate them, yet Founty gets away with going down his local Thomas Cook's, photographing the brochures, and nobody says a dicky bird?

Founty needs his very own Mini Mee

10. User who gave Like to post:

paperboy (April 3rd, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I enjoy photography on my travels but it's not a hobby as such. In KL last week I used the camera for the first time since the Taipei Gay Pride Parade in October last year. The model is a relatively light, mid-price one I bought 10 years ago for a trip to Nepal - a Sony DSC-HX1. My trouble now is that Sony no longer make the batteries for it and it's really hard finding ones which will last nearly as long - even on line. I do take lots, then select the ones I want to keep and tart them up a bit on the computer.

Re Macchu Pichu, no there is no sign - merely the entrance to the park which is above the site and therefore the first view you get of the whole complex. To get there, you have to take buses from the train station far below up a track that is an unending procession of hairpin bends. Once up there you buy the entrance ticket and wander around at will or take a guide. There is just one hotel up there where you can see dawn break over the citadel. But at US$1,000 a night - no way! Here's a pic one you're unlikely to see in a magazine -

Macchu_Pichu2.jpg

The rainbow flag in Cusco has nothing to do with gay Pride. It is simply the city's flag and you see it everywhere. Cusco is around 3,400 meters above sea level and most arrive on flights from Lima which is at sea level. So you have to be careful about altitude sickness. There are even oxygen tanks if you feel the need for a whiff at the airport. You are also given a cup of cocoa tea which I believe has a touch of cocaine in it. The guide books all say do nothing for the first 5 hours - just lie on the bed to start acclimatising. I read for a fw hours and then got bored so hit the apps. As Cusco is a university city, there were quite a few guys on line. One I chatted with worked in a bar in the evenings. With energy restored we met up the next night

Cusco_City_Flag.jpg

12. 3 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (April 4th, 2017), Patanawet (April 3rd, 2017), werner (April 3rd, 2017)

Liked

Beautiful photos. These days anyone can take fantastic panoramic pictures whereas in the past you'd take rolls and hope that one was good.when developed.

14. User who gave Like to post:

Dax (April 3rd, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    How come I have to stick a fucking thistle on my pics and include something bearing the date in order to authenticate them, yet Founty gets away with going down his local Thomas Cook's, photographing the brochures, and nobody says a dicky bird?

Love it Scotty! Here's a pic of the Perito Moreno Glacier from the air, a stunning flight from Santiago down to Punta Arenas in the far south which passes over the Southern Patagonian ice-field, one of the largest on the planet. Dozens of peaks, mountain lakes and glaciers on view that morning. And to satisfy your concern, attached also is the photo data (bear in mind the time is Bangkok time!).

Perito_Moreno_Glacier_from_air.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-04-03 at 11.51.04.png
    Last edited by fountainhall; April 3rd, 2017 at 12:28.

16. User who gave Like to post:

werner (April 3rd, 2017)

Liked

fountainhead,
    Wonderful photos!!

It is amazing how many of these discussions get totally off topic. A discussion of domestic violence somehow became an exhibition of great photos of Latin America. But I am not complaining.... And do you have photos of handsome guys? If so, please share!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Yes but to keep it on topic if you could try to make that photos of handsome guys, getting beaten up, in South America then that would be better - there, that'll keep you busy trawling through your thomas cook holiday brochures for an hour or two there Im sure - you know, seeing as how you've no life and all ! :-)

19. User who gave Like to post:

fountainhall (April 3rd, 2017)