Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shanghai

Liked

Re: Shanghai

Probably too much whiskey in your system is the best way to explain how you read it.
    I want to know because I don't want to break the law in China of all places.
    For all I know and probably you too the age of consent might be 19, 20 or 21 not 18 as in most but not all Western Countries.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

joe...what a silly comment...so because he wants to know the age of consent u make a negative assumption...

3. User who gave Like to post:

frequent (October 20th, 2017)

Liked

I apologise FRM - my post was totally out of order. Sorry.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by joe552 View Post
    I apologise FRM - my post was totally out of order. Sorry.
    That's ok.
    But we need to be vigilant.
    The old mantra "ignorance of the law is no defence" holds true everywhere.
    In Cambodia the "age of consent" was and maybe still is 16 but only pertaining to Cambodia+Cambodian; not "Barang+Cambodian".
    (The Cambodians call us 'Barang")
    China is a vast country with a lot of semi -automonous Regions-maybe the age of consent is defined differently in various regions.
    I don't know the answers.
    But I requested information from a poster here who might have knowledge that would keep me safe from legal prosecution.
    The 'age of consent' is a quantifiable legal term and should be clearly understood by all who choose to encroach on unknown territory.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    joe...what a silly comment...so because he wants to know the age of consent u make a negative assumption...
    Thank you.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I realise that Im going off topic but Im weary of lotsa straights or mainstream society somehow associating gays with child predators, seems to be a common theme. Straights have sex with underage girls and somehow thats not seen in the same serious light as male on male. Thats the reason Im quick to confront this bias, even if its unintentional. My country of nationality legal age is 14, which I dont understand, my country of residence is 16 which I find acceptable but not totally as there are lots of clueless 16 year olds. Personally I think that 18 is more acceptable.

Liked

I think if there was a 2 year limit, it might be okay - e.g. a 17 year old with a 15 year old. But I'd be happy with 18 being the age of consent.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by joe552 View Post
    I think if there was a 2 year limit, it might be okay - e.g. a 17 year old with a 15 year old. But I'd be happy with 18 being the age of consent.
    My view has always been that if they're old enough to grow their own welcome mat and have put it out, they're consenting. I certainly was. In fact I was a teenage predator, with older men my goal

10. User who gave Like to post:

francois (October 20th, 2017)

Banned
    Liked

I realise that Im going off topic but Im weary of lotsa straights or mainstream society somehow associating gays with child predators, seems to be a common theme.
    Well-known technique of the Religious Right, having lost the decriminalization debate

Liked

I realise that Im going off topic but Im weary of lotsa straights or mainstream society somehow associating gays with child predators, seems to be a common theme. Straights have sex with underage girls and somehow thats not seen in the same serious light as male on male. Thats the reason Im quick to confront this bias, even if its unintentional. My country of nationality legal age is 14, which I dont understand, my country of residence is 16 which I find acceptable but not totally as there are lots of clueless 16 year olds. Personally I think that 18 is more acceptable.
    On statistics alone child abuse by 'Straights' would have to account for 80%.
    But there's bias within this cohort too in that abuse of young boys by women is largely ignored and often celebrated especially in the feminist-dominated media.
    Whether it's the divorced middle aged women queuing up to "shave the children" migrants or TV hostesses and judges telling 12+ year boys olds how 'cute' they are and how they'd "love to take them home" it's all kosher.
    If a male carried on like that with young girls he would be quickly accused of 'sexualising' or 'objectifying' or worse.

13. User who gave Like to post:

llz (October 21st, 2017)