Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shanghai

Liked

Re: Shanghai

Quote Originally Posted by aussie_ View Post
    I will be going to Shanghai soon so i will report back.
    When are you going?

Liked

April 14 for the weekend in Shanghai. Visiting Nanjing beforehand. Currently in South Korea.

Liked

Hahaha. It seems that no one has reported back a thing.

Sadly enough I got sick. Had to stay in Thailand and didn't make it to the Chinese F1 Grand Prix. Because I had an outbound flight from Shanghai and it didn't cost any money to change my tickets to go there from Bangkok, I still managed to visit.

It was only for the day, and I did some sight seeing. Had one boy begging me to visit him in a sauna. Didn't go, but I still wonder if it's the boys themselves that are asking.

Currently, I'm in Prague for the week. Ugh...horrible. Leaving a week early would not be far Fetched.

Sorry I couldn't report properly.

Liked

Shanghai can be expensive. Imagine living in the first world on second or even third world wages. When being young and gay is an actual commodity, the fast ticket to the glitz and glamor is often the gullible or clueless out-of-towners you meet on Blued (a local chat app) or massage parlor. Trust no one, pick up no one and don't go to anyone's place. A USD100 "deal" will turn out to be USD500 if your lucky.

5. User who gave Like to post:

a447 (October 16th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

wrong...wrong...wrong...I've been to Shanghai many many many times....and to me the biggest attraction are the migrant MB on 6th world income trying to make it in a 1st world city...there is nothing the silly whores will not do....absolute paradise...also helps I got some jap friends in suzhou...who live in private gated compounds...where we literally get to ride the silly easily impressed talent...lol...

Liked

Is it accepted in tourist hotels in China to have massage boys to your room from agencies such as the multicity one mentioned here?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Yes...

Liked

I've checked flights from Bangkok to Shanghai-c.B12,000 return.
    Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced hotel that's at least gay tolerant? (I would like to explore this historical city and a tiny sample of its citizens if they're allowed into my room for the privilege)
    Thanks.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by vnman View Post
    That's better!

What you were saying about Shanghai's past is actually often portrait in movies. It's interesting how western laws have spoiled a lot of good fun around the world. Thanks to the Brits and Dutch in this region :-)

This site is pretty good in my opinion: https://www.travelgayasia.com/shangh...ars-and-clubs/

The massage places reviewed there seem to be safe enough. Normally I'm not into the butch boys that are on offer in massage places. However, I've seen some Cute twinkies on some of the website. It's still massage though and not for me.

I also noticed that some boys on blued will invite you to one of those places. Never had that in Thailand. Only offers to come to my place here. I wonder if that has to do with culture or maybe that it's not the boys who are actually chatting.
    I think you're familiar with the Shanghai Gay Scene.
    I'm not into saunas and bars filled with young locals.
    I'm more into normal sightseeing by day with a visitor for massage to my room in the evening.
    1)Could you recommend a nice hotel/hotels but not upper-end expensive where visitors are allowed?
    2) What is the age of consent in Mainland China?
    Thanks.

Liked

FRM, your question about the age of consent suggested (to me, at least) that you were looking to go as young as you can get away with. This might be a flawed interpretation of what you meant, but that's how I read it.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.