Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: just anothwr nail in the coffin

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: just anothwr nail in the coffin

FYI: dear FH, since several yrs-since in fact Swampy had a direct bus to Onnut, just before BTS was extended-and as you likely know thats even further out as goldenWheel (thonglor), it is most defintely a touristy area-more aiming at lower budget and repeat visitors.
    Its utter nonsense to say the area with BTS-stops before are wokring Thai-as anyone knows, all of BKK is a complete mix of hi-so to downtrodden streetpeople. TLor certainly is a much more hi-so snobbish dinky etc. area, perhaps even the most of all khet. Probably that explains why the street-food-vendors were more pretty and more epxensive as anywhere else.
    Yes-the BMA is certainly busy clearing many main streets from vendors, pesky others etc. maybe even that 7 that puts all its giant pallets full of not yet sold water outside may have to find some storage. That it destroys the city is also utter nonsense-with all those empty buildings etc BKK can certainly accomodate them there-as always in LOS it boils down to that old: Money-money-money. Oh-and its som tam, made the Lao (isany) way. which is still about available at any streetcorner and in between-also from walkig vendors. Like @ Onnut-choice of onthestreet or in AC comfort @Tesco/BigC(former Carrefour). There also used to be a big open air evening foodmarket-OFFstreet-a little further on-also closed, new condo to be built.
    BMA simply seizes its chances now that the reds are firmly ousted.

2. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (March 25th, 2017)

Liked

Re: just anothwr nail in the coffin

Quote Originally Posted by pong View Post
    FYI: dear FH, since several yrs-since in fact Swampy had a direct bus to Onnut, just before BTS was extended-and as you likely know thats even further out as goldenWheel (thonglor), it is most defintely a touristy area-more aiming at lower budget and repeat visitors.
    Its utter nonsense to say the area with BTS-stops before are wokring Thai-as anyone knows, all of BKK is a complete mix of hi-so to downtrodden streetpeople. TLor certainly is a much more hi-so snobbish dinky etc. area, perhaps even the most of all khet. Probably that explains why the street-food-vendors were more pretty and more epxensive as anywhere else.
    Yes-the BMA is certainly busy clearing many main streets from vendors, pesky others etc. maybe even that 7 that puts all its giant pallets full of not yet sold water outside may have to find some storage. That it destroys the city is also utter nonsense-with all those empty buildings etc BKK can certainly accomodate them there-as always in LOS it boils down to that old: Money-money-money. Oh-and its som tam, made the Lao (isany) way. which is still about available at any streetcorner and in between-also from walkig vendors. Like @ Onnut-choice of onthestreet or in AC comfort @Tesco/BigC(former Carrefour). There also used to be a big open air evening foodmarket-OFFstreet-a little further on-also closed, new condo to be built.
    BMA simply seizes its chances now that the reds are firmly ousted.
    Thonglor is NOT a tourist area, precious little tourists venture out that way. Maybe you missed the part where I said I have been living there ? Pridi most certainly is an area where working class Thai live and work, so is Ekkamai. One only needs to go to Ekkamai 30 to see what I mean. Oh and no need to lecture me on Som Tam, Tam Lao is Som Tam Lao, ie the proper version, Tam Thai is the sweet version, precious few ' reds' would eat that.

And yes, what the BMA is doing is destroying the city. Pray tell where I am going to get my Tam Lao now ?