List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Thai boys verses Cambodian boys. The best looking.

Liked

Re: Thai boys verses Cambodian boys. The best looking.

Quote Originally Posted by fountainhall View Post
    Just done some shopping on Orchard Road. The eye candy is amazing - as usual. And the apps are zinging. Surprisingly, one guy I'm chatting with is a non money-boy Vietnamese from HCM. I'm sure there must be lots but it's the first time I've come across any Vietnamese when visiting Singapore.
    I encountered a Vietnamese money boy on my first trip to Singapore. I also encounter money boys in Pattaya, including non-Thais, who have made short trips to Singapore, taking advantage of the much higher tips on offer. Some make it in whilst their friends get sent back home, as they don't have enough English to complete the immigration form & explain it all away with the customs officials.

However, by & large, the boys in Singapore might look good, but most are unavailable to us.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    However, by & large, the boys in Singapore might look good, but most are unavailable to us.
    The young SG guys can be really hot, yes, but I share your impression. The SG boys are beautiful and sexy, but they lack the willingness, curiosity and openindedness about gay sex and the often very positive attitude to sex with older Caucasian guys as other SE Asian boys have. Many SG gay/bi boys are into Caucasian guys even though they are super discreet about it, but there are fewer relatively to other places. Just my impression.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by nordicguy View Post
    The young SG guys can be really hot, yes, .... The SG boys are beautiful and sexy, but they lack the willingness, curiosity and open-mindedness about gay sex and the often very positive attitude to sex with older Caucasian guys as other SE Asian boys have. ...., but there are fewer relatively to other places. Just my impression.
    In the last 2 decades, these observations are probably spot on (regrettably, IMO).
    In the 70s to 90s, absolutely not. My most memorable pick-up was in Tang's department store in the Mens' underwear/swimware section. He did the picking up and we several very good hours of hot fun. He couldn't stay any longer as he was in rush to get to the airport because he was flying to Perth to start his Uni education.

I put this change in attitudes down to greater 'westernisation' of Sing and the attitudes engendered by Higher Education putting Uni-educated Singaporeans 'above' most other peoples.
    [i][color=#0000FF]"One day our descendants will think it incredible that we paid so much attention to things like the amount of melanin in our skin, or the shape of our eyes, or our gender, instead of the unique identities of each of us as complex human beings."
    ~ Franklin Thomas[/color][/i]

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Yraen View Post
    I put this change in attitudes down to greater 'westernisation' of Sing .....
    I agree with you on this one, and it's not only in SG we see it. Also other SE Asian countries have been westernised to some extend for the past few decades.

I live in Scandinavia (DK), and there is a small, but still significant Thai community here. There are also many men here marrying Thai women and they get children then who has grown up in Denmark for the past 2-3 decades. When I'm back home here in in my home country, I often have fun with local Asian boys and quite a few Thai boys, and here it's interesting (and a sadding too) to see what happens to Thai boys when they get exposed to western cultural ideas: The Thai boys who have grown up in 'pure' Thai families are still Thais inside - culturally and mentally - even though they are heavily impacted by the surrounding Northern European cultural mindset on sex, relationships and how to interact with other people. In bed, they feel like a "real" Thai boy if you can use this concept, but not as willing and curious and openminded as a Thai boy from Thailand.

The other group, the now grown-up kids of mixed Thai/Farang couples, are so westernised that it sometimes feels like it's only the look on the outside that is left of the general South East Asian culture and the specific Thai culture. Of course, if the couple had settled down in BKK instead of somewhere in Europe, it would be different. These boys are just as spoiled, annoying, arrogant, narrow-minded and sexually incurious and unwilling as average European boys. It's really sad to see.

5. User who gave Like to post:

bobsaigon2 (May 20th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Yraen View Post
    In the last 2 decades, these observations are probably spot on (regrettably, IMO). In the 70s to 90s, absolutely not. My most memorable pick-up was in Tang's department store in the Mens' underwear/swimware section. He did the picking up and we several very good hours of hot fun. He couldn't stay any longer as he was in rush to get to the airport because he was flying to Perth to start his Uni education.

I put this change in attitudes down to greater 'westernisation' of Sing and the attitudes engendered by Higher Education putting Uni-educated Singaporeans 'above' most other peoples.
    I would have thought that the much simpler explanation for western guys finding it easier to cruise Singaporean guys from the 1970s through the 90s was because they themselves were 20 to 40 plus years younger then.

7. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (May 21st, 2018), dinagam (May 21st, 2018), goji (March 13th, 2019)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by sglad View Post
    I would have thought that the much simpler explanation for western guys finding it easier to cruise Singaporean guys from the 1970s through the 90s was because they themselves were 20 to 40 plus years younger then.
    Could also explain it :-) But still the western cultural impact that unfortunately is so often closely associated with economic progress can change the mentality of the younger guys in just a few generations. Some claim that it's all about growing financial wealth and education, but I don't buy that. There's a cultural aspect to it that is more important.

Liked

I have just been in Bangkok, and 3 of the 4 boys I had fun with were Cambodian. They were all v attractive and good fun. Also spoke reasonable English. All came from Grindr.

Liked

Where is Grindr ?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    Where is Grindr ?
    It's just across the border and to the North of Tinder - and apparently the population of both places are very slutty and easy to pick up too !!!

12. 4 Users gave Like to post:

BenCH (March 13th, 2019), christianpfc (March 12th, 2019), dab69 (March 12th, 2019), Moses (March 12th, 2019)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    I can say I've never heard of Canadkan and Otawan.
    Well, I'm a Canadkan -- though never having lived in Otawan. I am also (like all good Canadkan's) a terrorist, and beaver-lover.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

14. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (March 13th, 2019)