Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Tarntawan Surawong Hotel.....update

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: The Tarntawan Surawong Hotel.....update

Thank you fir the update NA, can you confirm however does the apartment also contain bars of the usual chocolate in the goodies / condom basket too as that may of course beca deal breaker for some ! ?

2. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (March 21st, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    Thank you fir the update NA, can you confirm however does the apartment also contain bars of the usual chocolate in the goodies / condom basket too as that may of course beca deal breaker for some ! ?
    I'm glad you brought that up, no Tarntawan report could be complete without mention of this important aspect. I am sad/happy to say no such 'mini-bar' complications exist at the Apartments, the huge fridge is empty-of-mini-bar items. However for the disappointed, 7-11 is right next door and actually sell these vital items on demand at a cheaper rate you'll be surprised to find. Unfortunately they will be within their sell by dates which might be a let-down.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Thank you for that update too - hmmm sell by dates.....interesting point as for years I too used to walk in, lift a bar of chocolate and think "oh ffs would they not realise these are out of date and change them" - UNTIL !! one day I actually re read the date shown and realised it wasn't a use by date but something else ( like a made on date or something the same as Bud beer) so I wonder was this what you also were reading ? I also noted some of the chocolate had gone white ( I assumed a bit "off") but a friend pointed out to me that this is what happens all chocolate, in date or not, when keep in a cold fridge apparently ?

I should add that "out of date" or not I ate my daily supply and both loved every bit of it and am still thankfully still here to tell the tale. This reminds me I really will have to go on line and look up that manufactures website again and order some online. I'm not sure if I actually like it OR I just associate the taste with being in the Tarntawan / Bkk, either way a few bars in my fridge just might give me that Bkk feeling on some cold spring evening here in the UK again perhaps if I'm lucky !

Liked

In Vietnam the date stamp is indeed a manufacture date and not a "use by" date - and often there is no accompanying "use by" (which seems odd) - so it could be the same in Thailand as you suggest, I've never noticed

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy
    it could be the same in Thailand as you suggest, I've never noticed
    Perhaps they didn't have any dates stamped on things 10 years ago.

Liked

In your heyday the date stamps were probably in Roman numerals

Liked

Hey Guys,
    Nestlé Thailand products do carry the manufacturing and expiry dates on the packaging.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Liked

The white "stuff" on the chocolate is called chocolate bloom and caused by a hot/cold/hot/cold cycle.

It makes for some pretty disgusting tastes!

I have seen the a similar thing happening with beers in bars. The bars turn off their fridge at night to save electricity and cooling costs.

As a result certain beers start to ferment their excess sugar and end up tasting like whiskey (and making you very drunk)
    Cafe royale was notorious for it!
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

10. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (March 22nd, 2018), Jellybean (March 22nd, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by colmx View Post
    The white "stuff" on the chocolate is called chocolate bloom and caused by a hot/cold/hot/cold cycle.

It makes for some pretty disgusting tastes . . .
    Well, well, well. You live and learn. Thanks for putting me straight on the subject of chocolate bloom, colmx. The things you learn on this forum never cease to amaze me.

And I used to think the chocolate was past its use-by date and had gone orrff. But, nevertheless, I still used to eat it, especially after an exhausting session mingling with a local. I found it was a quick and cheap way of recharging my batteries.

12. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (March 22nd, 2018)

Liked

I have a sweet tooth and always stock up on chocolate from 7/11 and cakes and biscuits from the various Japanese shops in Siam Paragon. They also sell awesome local sweets at the Gourmet market downstairs in SP. And Ladurée have an outlet in SP, too.

I imagine most people staying at the Tarntawan would just buy their goodies elsewhere rather than pay hotel prices. So I wonder how old those Tarntawan chocolates are.

Scary.