Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Preecha Seafood

Liked

Preecha Seafood

Down to Bang Saray. This restaurant is located on the strip as you enter the town from the road along the beach. Not too big and pleasant decor with light music going on in the background.

As soon as the crab fried rice arrived the aroma was an essence of the sea. Sweet and sour prawns (not on menu but they did it for me) was perfect. Fat non frozen prawns the size of a squash ball with a sweet flavour and firm texture. The sauce was nicely balanced with enough pineapple and pepers to give a contrasting texture but not too much do it's a stew. And then an absolute revelation. Crispy swamp cabbage. This strips of tempura leaves. But it was the sauce that stole the show. Tamarind based with whole meaty shrimps it tasted pungent and savoury and spicy and absolutely moreish. This dish alone would make a wonderful lunch.

From the helpful parking to the delightful service, the fabulous food and the complimentary sliced pineapple at the end this is a restaurant at the top of its game.

Total bill with a large bottle if water. 460 baht. Thoroughly recommended.

2. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (February 24th, 2017)

Liked

Re: Preecha Seafood

I've eaten there at least 20 times. Never a bad meal. The fresh simple food arrives quickly.

Definitely get the crab fried rice, and I always order the squid with salted egg.

My only warning, don't take along anyone who doesn't care for seafood. There's little else on the menu.

4. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (February 24th, 2017)

Liked

With obviously high expectations I went to Preecha for a second visit. In fact I'm posting this from there. Very heavy traffic due to the power boat racing but the motorbike scooted past quickly enough and who doesn't like to watch a throbbing pumping machine with their dinner.

The crab fried rice was even better this time with loads of crab and a really fishy taste. Shrimp with fried garlic was wonderful. The garlic in this dish needs to be both crunchy and chewy at the same time not an easy trick to pull off but they managed it. The shrimps were of similar quality to my first visit. Served with a sweet and spicy dipping sauce and garnished with beautiful vegetable rose. The broccoli with salted fish was fresh and punchy in taste, the fish bringing a savoury note and firm meaty texture to the party. Totally delicious meal. Again, a nice plate of chilled complimentary pineapple. Service again was right on the money. Total bill with water. 490 baht.

Recommended times two.

Liked

Thanks for your reports. I have never been to Bang Saray, but put it on my list now. Preecha is on google maps (about 500 m walk from Sukhumvit, that means I can get there by white songtheo). Can you confirm sightings of handsome shirtless fishermen in Bang Saray and give details of place and time?

Liked

Oh Christian you poor sweet thing. As I have written before...the boats come in laden with fish and Cambodian fishermen. Time it right and the piers are awash with these beauties washing in their underwear. Briefs usually but sometimes boxer briefs. It really gives your appetite an edge.

8. User who gave Like to post:

splinter1949 (February 27th, 2017)

Liked

My third visit to Preecha. Slight mix up with the order which was dealt with calmly and professionally. I tried the steamed mussels and together with the crab fried rice created an intoxicating aroma of the ocean. Wonderful.

Liked

In two separate visits to Preecha I tried a couple of new dishes. The whole fish steamed with lime and chilli was wonderful. Firm really fishy fish and the sauce had all the acidity and piquantcy of lime but without the raw note. Not overly spicy by request it was fresh, zingy and totally moreish. I also tried the calamari with salted fish eggs as recommended by mahjonguy and it too was delicious. The squid was tender but still retained a nice bite. Dressed with a slightly creamy sauce it's rich and comforting.

11. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (April 1st, 2017), fountainhall (March 28th, 2017)

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

I was at Preecha a couple of years ago....I prefer the restaurant at the very beginning of the warf...theses were taken about 2 months ago....I agree the guys on the boats are the best draw.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

13. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (March 28th, 2017)

Liked

Also. Complimentary pineapple to finish.

15. User who gave Like to post:

Manforallseasons (March 28th, 2017)