Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sex Tourism

Liked

Sex Tourism

I don't like the term, "sex tourism."

I will admit that my first two trips to Thailand were "planned" to explore everything I had heard about how great sex was in Thailand (of course at that time all I had heard was about all the great straight sex and I was totally in the dark about what I was really after, which was the gay sex).

That statement alone would label me a "sex tourist" but to put it in perspective I have lived in Germany for 9 years, Saudi Arabia for 5 years, and traveled around the world numerous times two trips out of 6 trips to Thailand does not make a "sex tourist."

Sex happens and sex is available around the world.

Now, when I traveled through out the world I read up on the countries I was visiting especially their history. I traveled to experience all the wonders of the world, to experience the culture, to see the monuments, and experience the religion. Outside of the Philippines and Thailand I never once sought out gay bars or tried to see if a gay night life existed.

My experiences are over 30 years old, but gay sex in India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Burma (back in its nightmare years), Bhutan, Sri Lanka, Hong Kong, South Korea, Indonesia, Singapore, Kenya, and through out Europe just seemed to happen...

Not a single money boy, not a single bar, not a single cruising area was ever needed.

Sex, even in Saudi Arabia, along with alcohol and drugs, is not available. But let me tell you, I always had a couple of bottles of Johnny Walker, hashish, and sex every week.

Its funny what you can experience when traveling if you are not looking for it....

So does anyone have any personal stories to tell of sex in the most unexpected places?

2. 3 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (February 28th, 2017), ktq (June 23rd, 2020), Surfcrest (February 28th, 2017)

Liked

Re: Sex Tourism

Well, one does not have to travel the world to find good sex. It can even occur in my own boring country, Switzerland.....

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Having worked for too long in/related to what USAers tend to call the ''travel industry'' I can certainly assure you that in EUR its a fully accepted term for a certain sub-brand of tourism, even though it will not be named as such to clearly in the usual brochures etc. But many a country is simply known for it, of course TH among them. I think the very first in the 60ies must have been the PHillippines.
    And its not just for men seeking ladies-there is also a healthy sub-branch fr ladies seeking well-endowed men, for which AFRica is best known. Or among the Chinese ladies maybe now also TH.

5. User who gave Like to post:

ktq (June 23rd, 2020)

Liked

Having been to Switzerland numerous times I have to admit that I always went there to just relax and to "commune" with nature. After spending a day in the alps all I wanted was a good nights sleep!

Liked

I have no doubt that "sex tourism" exists and is alive and well....

I have traveled extensively throughout Thailand and the Philippines and can attest to the fact that there is a lot of sex for sale in both places.

But I have also traveled to Pakistan, India, and Bangladesh and have had great sex in all three places. I will also add that the sex was great and the opportunity caught me totally by surprise! I have also had sex in Nepal....and well, lets just say it also was a surprise and while the guys are really handsome the sex is really subpar.....really subpar (even with an "A" for effort!

8. User who gave Like to post:

ktq (June 23rd, 2020)

Liked

Interesting story, thank you for sharing. Some people travel to Spain for sea, sun and sand; others to the alps for skiing, and others to Thailand for sex. (In all cases implying that there is no interest in the country and culture.)

Quote Originally Posted by TaoR View Post
    My experiences are over 30 years old, but gay sex in India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Burma (back in its nightmare years), Bhutan, Sri Lanka, Hong Kong, South Korea, Indonesia, Singapore, Kenya, and through out Europe just seemed to happen...

Not a single money boy, not a single bar, not a single cruising area was ever needed.
    If it wasn't for dedicated places (gay saunas, bars, discos and nowadays internet) and occasional paying, I wouldn't get any. Some people see opportunities for gay sex everywhere, I don't.

10. User who gave Like to post:

TaoR (February 28th, 2017)

Liked

Christianpfc...

I believe you are looking too hard....

Trust me I do not have "gaydar" and in fact, growing up my three sisters would point guys out to me and I never ever figured out who was and who wasn't gay. But then again, I always loved seducing straight guys......nothing in life is as exciting as getting a straight guy to open himself to a gay relationship....

Initially everyone thinks "Why?" you got to get them thinking "Why Not!"
    Last edited by TaoR; February 28th, 2017 at 07:47.

12. User who gave Like to post:

GWMinUS (April 17th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

As one who has never had the remotest interest in bedding straight guys, now TaoR has joined a list that includes arsenal and latin and I remember seeing similar comments from posters on other forums. Obviously I'm delighted we can all satisfy our specific sexual desires, but I continue to wonder what it is that makes a non-gay guy so special. Is it something just related to one-offs? Is it more about the seduction and the thrill of the hunt? Surely a straight guy isn't going to enter into a long-term gay relationship?

14. User who gave Like to post:

ktq (June 23rd, 2020)

Liked

Fountainhall, lets get philosophical here...

Everyone has their own desires and needs for sex. Even in Thailand and especially on this board you got some guys that love to humiliate and embarrass their sexual partners, you got other guys that love to jump from one guy to another...and on and on it goes.

In Western culture we have labels, gay, straight, and bisexual. In Asia its different. Historically we have Athens and other civilizations that saw sex differently (younger guys mentored by older guys).

So, if two guys have sex then they are either bisexual or gay. Or now the term, "gay for pay."

If you back up for a moment and not focus on the act, but rather the reason for the act then you could define sex as "bonding behavior." This would cover the idea behind the Greek concept of mentoring or boy love. It would be the same for Sparta or the Sumuari in Japan.

I am a gay guy who seems to bond well with straight guys. Growing up I experimented with quite a few guys. My first real love actually happened in college where I came out to five of my friends and within two months I had had sex with three of them....one, went on for a whole year and I ended up being the best man at his wedding. Just a few years ago, I had a 10 year relationship with a young man who was 18 at the time....and not once did we question his sexual preference. I was 48 when our affair ended and he asked me to be his best man.

Just like the love of my life in Bangkok...he is married, has three kids and two grandkids and we are still friends.

Yes, the seduction is a real stimulus....that is part of the fun of sex...the foreplay. Its no different than picking up a MB and going out to dinner, maybe hitting a couple of bars, and just enjoying each other's company before you know the eventual outcome....

I kind of have to have a different perspective...I am 2 inches shy of 7 feet tall and weigh 250 lbs and I was always a jock...so appearing gay was something I couldn't pull off real well....

16. 4 Users gave Like to post:

fountainhall (February 28th, 2017), GWMinUS (April 17th, 2017), ktq (June 23rd, 2020), Surfcrest (February 28th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by fountainhall View Post
    As one who has never had the remotest interest in bedding straight guys,...
    ...but I continue to wonder what it is that makes a non-gay guy so special.
    I don't know. I just find that those I'm lusting after are mostly straight. I have a Farang friend who almost exclusively has sex with straights in South-East Asia.