Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: soi twilight

Liked

Re: soi twilight

Things have certainly changed...and not for the better. The Soi Twilight bars were once full of twinks; Blue Star for instance (where Dream Boys now stands) operated with two "troupes", one of which was more or less comparable to the typical groupings of today. The other, comprising only twinks, alternated with it and, for me, offered enticing opportunities. Come to think of it, I'd have characterised the soi 's go go dancers as 80% twink when I first arrived in the late 90s. Since then, the percentage of straight, macho guys has soared. I've no doubt that this change reflects the new clientele....Chinese and mixed. There just aren't enough of us to make a twink-bar successful.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I have changed with age. In my younger days I wanted everything and loved many of the shows then on offer - very different from today's affairs. Now I'm with Christian. I want to see some cute guys up on stage, making at least an effort to do more than stand around, and most of all giving at least the impression of enjoying themselves. I couldn't give a damn about the shows now.

Liked

I didn't experience myself the time when Boyztown, Soi Twilight, Sunee, were at the heighth of their popularity. Totally packed with gay tourists. But one disadvantage in that time must surely have been that the ratio of Farang to boys was much higher. Making the competition for the real hotties very tough. That for days in a row you couldn't off the boy you wanted, because taken by another Farang.

Now at least - in this time - when you see a hot boy who you really want, you can be sure you will have him. If not today, then tomorrow.

Liked

All those apps that give you cheaper sex have come with a price. Mostly empty bars and a beach not worth visiting. Not a fair swap in my opinion.

5. 2 Users gave Like to post:

fountainhall (February 28th, 2017), llz (February 22nd, 2017)

Liked

Yes i agrre i went to Fresh Boys last week ; no problems to off a cute boy; the chinese don t off them and they like western which off them; off fee 500 bahts and 1500 baths for tip

7. User who gave Like to post:

fountainhall (February 28th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by AsDaRa View Post
    I didn't experience myself the time when Boyztown, Soi Twilight, Sunee, were at the heighth of their popularity. Totally packed with gay tourists. But one disadvantage in that time must surely have been that the ratio of Farang to boys was much higher. Making the competition for the real hotties very tough. That for days in a row you couldn't off the boy you wanted, because taken by another Farang.

Now at least - in this time - when you see a hot boy who you really want, you can be sure you will have him. If not today, then tomorrow.
    Quite true AsDaRa, I would go early to a go-go bar to off my fav boyz but they would already be off. Sometimes it took days to make a connection. Now, with cell phones, once you have their number you can make arrangements in advance. Those were the days.

9. User who gave Like to post:

fountainhall (February 28th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by AsDaRa View Post
    Well, yes and no... You certainly were sometimes beaten by another farang to the boy you really wanted. But, on the other hand, many bars had so many boys working - in response to the larger number of farang customers in those days - that you could always find a really nice alternative. Anyone remembering Sunee Plaza's Kaos bar in its heyday or, further back in time, Saphan Kwai's Midnight Cowboy will know exactly what I mean
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Marsilius View Post
    Well, yes and no... You certainly were sometimes beaten by another farang to the boy you really wanted. But, on the other hand, many bars had so many boys working - in response to the larger number of farang customers in those days - that you could always find a really nice alternative. Anyone remembering Sunee Plaza's Kaos bar in its heyday or, further back in time, Saphan Kwai's Midnight Cowboy will know exactly what I mean
    I remember Kaos very well, it made no difference back then if it was high or low season you were lucky to find a seat.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    I remember Kaos very well, it made no difference back then if it was high or low season you were lucky to find a seat.
    But if it is so crowded that you are lucky to find a seat, then the best boys must be gone already. These Farang come for a reason: to off a boy. Most Farang choose their boy within a few minutes I think? Personally, I only need a few minutes to make my decision, then I have seen them all and made my choice. I never sit 30 minutes before I make a decision.

So a full house of customers must surely mean that within a few minutes the top 20 of boys are being offed already. Depressing. You really have to come very early - or as others say try it at another bar - else you are stuck with second rate boys on stage.

Unless most Farang on these seats were only watching, and not offing.

Liked

Past glory and nostalgia is nice to bath in but the reality now is a far cry from Soi Twilight of the past.
    The hostel "Take-A-Nap" opened about 4 years ago on Rama iv and has now been replicated 3 times with the latest copy in Soi Twlight itself.
    More&more straight budget tourists walking around giggling and videoing the gay geeks for the friends on social media in the offing.
    At least the Vietnam beauties have clung on after their eviction from the BB Inn. They're now to be found in the poolbar opposite Dick's Cafe, doing waiter service in the go-go bars or hanging around the beer bars.
    Nothing stays the same.
    Soi Twilight will move on as the market dictates.