Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tarntawan place hotel

Liked

Tarntawan place hotel

I recently visited this hotel again two times in the month of February,what a shame its gone down hill, i have been staying here for almost 10 years on various visits, what i noticed this time was half the staff have gone, arrived in a taxi and no one there to take or help with bags all busy doing a multiple of tasks and jobs, reception looked bare,no flowers , no cards ready like they use to be , no welcome drink,no fruit in rooms, breakfast service was slow ,i always stay in the surrawong room which is more exp,the shower was broke.
    there must be a better value hotel close by, the prices are still the same here but you are certainly not getting the service that was ofererd before, i have just recieved a email from a friend who has opted out to a different hotel because he said the service was not the same for the price they are charging.

2. User who gave Like to post:

Maxxy (February 17th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Tarntawan place hotel

Oh dear, I am sorry to read your post as I've just booked 6 nights there in June / July.

Like yourself I've stayed there for years, usually literally in the same room even just for old time sake, so was always really hesitant about moving on, I what is about that when you get older !?), but having read some of the recent poor reports thought "ok, I'll give the old girl one last try" - it seems that that decision may have been somewhat over generous on my part.

I really should have known mind you as I made my original booking via Agoda and then a few weeks back decided to add a further night to my dates, s so I duly contacted Agoda and asked them to amend the booking but heard nothing back - this then went on for nearly a week and each time on ringing Agoda to complain ( because I'm a stubborn bugger and just wouldn't let it go) they instantly were aware of the problem and apologised profusely but admitted that the problem was actually as they hadn't been able to get anyone in the hotel to pick up the phone to them for days now !! They had then sent emails but received no reply either and "eventually" when someone did get back to them it took the hotel a further two days simply to come back again to confirm that say "yes, they did indeed have a room on that date - in JULY !!!

So it appears you're right that the normal service we were all used to has gone right down the toilet. The only thing I'm pissed off about now is that my booking was made on a "no cancellation possible" basis which I'm already regretting :-(

4. User who gave Like to post:

Maxxy (February 17th, 2017)

Liked

Now if only someone had started a thread like this 5 months, 241 replies and 23,965 views ago .....

6. 3 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (February 17th, 2017), francois (February 17th, 2017), markie1 (February 18th, 2017)

Liked

Rather strange as there have been recent reports on other boards that contradict this report above.

no flowers , no cards ready like they use to be , no welcome drink,no fruit in rooms. GOOD! Glad they are gone!

8. User who gave Like to post:

a447 (February 17th, 2017)

Liked

Don't panic, Nirish.

Apart from the rather sullen looks on the faces of some staff, nothing has changed. My room back in Dec/Jan hadn't changed at all - everything worked well. And I was greeted when I arrived by the chubby guy who, if I recall, took my suitcase into the hotel and then up to my room.

Liked

Had problems with the aircon in the room last visit (before management change) but not a biggie, it was stuck on freeze and I had to turn it off occasionally to help control room temp. Looking at trying the Raya in July for something different

Liked

I was there a week ago. Staffing levels are undeniably lower but there are still some old friends working there. And they were cheerful and helpful as always.
    I was given a welcome drink and there was fruit in my room. The ancien regime gave up business cards a year or so back so that can't be blamed on the new management.
    My room was exactly the same as last time....not sure if that's a recommendation or not. The buffet breakfast (which is all I ever have) was much the same.
    To be blunt, I was expecting the worst and was already looking at other possibilities for June. At check-out I booked my next visit.
    My advice to loyal clients is nil desperandum...

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    So it appears you're right that the normal service we were all used to has gone right down the toilet. The only thing I'm pissed off about now is that my booking was made on a "no cancellation possible" basis which I'm already regretting :-(
    That's a clear disadvantage of sites like Agoda.
    In the old days, the booking would be by phone or e-mail with little or no deposit.
    Now, anything up to 100% prepayment is required on some sites and if the hotel goes bust or is taken over by Basil Fawlty, the consumer is screwed. Or if the customer has to cancel the holiday, it's expensive.

I prefer to book directly with hotels & if that's not possible, search out a REFUNDABLE rate on Booking.com or Hotels.com. Even that's not ideal, since the end game is booking sites having a monopoly on bookings, so they can eventually impose their terms and additional costs.

[All the above are general comments, since I am not a Tarntawan customer]

13. User who gave Like to post:

Maxxy (February 19th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

You're absolutely right re that goji and normally I'd see them in hell first before I book several months in advance ANYWHERE never mind pay up front too. The only time that IS useful is re work if you know there's a congress in town or whatever. In this case unless the building has been flattened I knew in reality i knew that I'd be staying in the TW anyway, if nothing else just to say my good byes to the old girl where I'd spent so many happy nights,

Oh and just as an aside, through habit and crafty marketing on their part I fall much to often of continually using Agoda and Booking.com as probably my two main stay booking agents, only to find much to my surprise the other day that they are in fact sister companies and bookings made on one site are sometimes sent on and handled by the other. This fact became apparent in my booking change re the TW actually where I'd booked with Agoda but they had to contact booking.com to make the change. OR ( and I'd hate to think it they're literally sitting there taking your booking and them then finding the best deal on line and rebooking it there as I was too lazy to look ! But I'm guessing / hoping not and it was one of their staff who used the term "sister company" to me ??

Liked

....and I was surprised to find out that Hotels.com is actually Expedia.