Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pinnacle Hotel in Bangkok

Liked

Pinnacle Hotel in Bangkok

I have stayed at Pinnacle a few times and found it satisfactory, but the last time was several years ago.

Has anyone stayed there recently?

Is Jimmie still working at/for Pinnacle Hotel? He provided reduced rates and offered useful information about gay venues, etc. Although sometimes he was hard to find, and sometimes very talkative. It would take 30 minutes to pay the bill.....

And what are the prices now? Pinnacle used to have good rates (through Jimmie).

Liked

Re: Pinnacle Hotel in Bangkok

Its a dump and it stinks

When we returned to Bangkok we stayed at the Pinnacle Hotel near Lumpini Park. It’s a dump, the whole hotel has a really strange pungent smell, the service is crap and the food even worse. Don’t stay there!
    For Guys Who Love Asian Guys - [url]www.asiaguys.net[/url]

Liked

I stayed there for 3 nights in Nov16.

The pungent smell in the foyer is possibly mould caused by damp from the waterfall.

Jimmy is still there. He has his own desk just outside the dining room & is providing additional tourist services. Best contact him by email - jimmyfirst@hotmail.com.

I do not totally agree with Buck Bee, though the place is showing its age and deserves a good renovation. The breakfast service has variety but gets a bit ho-hum on the 3rd day if you prefer to not eat asian food at that time of day. (Oh. Watch out for the joiner trap - the cost for non-residents for breakfast is fantastically high; Several times higher than the value of the food.) For other meals, there are plenty of better restaurants close bye - The Malaysia Hotel dining room for instance.

Personally, I have two concerns:
    1. Access to the hotel is only up a flight of stairs - one external and one from the garage. If your legs are a bit "wonky", like mine, make use of the handsome and helpful 'bell hops' to move your baggage in and out.
    2. The staff on the front desk need an 'attitude adjustment'. They are definitely not customer service oriented but concentrate on 'procedures' even to the point of being rude to customers who ask questions.
    [i][color=#0000FF]"One day our descendants will think it incredible that we paid so much attention to things like the amount of melanin in our skin, or the shape of our eyes, or our gender, instead of the unique identities of each of us as complex human beings."
    ~ Franklin Thomas[/color][/i]

Liked

The staff on the front desk need an 'attitude adjustment'. They are definitely not customer service oriented but concentrate on 'procedures' even to the point of being rude to customers who ask questions.
    The buffet is ok but the food from the pool restaurant was crap. I agree with you about the attitude of the front desk staff, their customer service suxs!
    For Guys Who Love Asian Guys - [url]www.asiaguys.net[/url]

Liked

So, not a place to be recommended, in other words.

Liked

ive stayed here before, for 20$ a night, what do you expect. Never had a problem taking boys back, and ive never eat there either, plenty good resturants about. Has a pool so, really if your staying about 3 nights, its perfect at last minute.

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by paperboy View Post
    ive stayed here before, for 20$ a night, what do you expect. Never had a problem taking boys back, and ive never eat there either, plenty good resturants about. Has a pool so, really if your staying about 3 nights, its perfect at last minute.
    I suggest you check the current price.

8. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Smiles (October 9th, 2018), Up2U (February 15th, 2017)

Liked

The "rack rate" is heavily discounted if you book through Jimmy.
    Paperboy's observations are about right.
    [i][color=#0000FF]"One day our descendants will think it incredible that we paid so much attention to things like the amount of melanin in our skin, or the shape of our eyes, or our gender, instead of the unique identities of each of us as complex human beings."
    ~ Franklin Thomas[/color][/i]

10. User who gave Like to post:

paperboy (February 16th, 2017)

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Yraen View Post
    The "rack rate" is heavily discounted if you book through Jimmy.
    Paperboy's observations are about right.

Right? At the current exchange rate 20 U.S. would be 700 bht. what are you smoking?

Liked

ive paid 87 euros for 4 nights, which is 3200 BHT
    and is about 92 $
    so give or take, its about 20 $
    Alojamiento Estancia Nún. Hab. Tipo de habitación Régimen Localizador
    Pinnacle Lumpinee Park Hotel 4 noches 1 Habitación Doble Sólo Alojamiento
    Fecha desde Fecha hasta Importe
    16/01/2017 31/05/2017 87,43 €
    Importe de la reserva: 87,43 €