Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Car with driver, Bangkok, airports, whole Thailand, Siamroads.com

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Car with driver, Bangkok, airports, whole Thailand, Siamroads.com

Prices obviously vary even for limos. But the limo companies are not fools. They set prices according to what they believe the market will stand. I don't visit Pattaya often and usually it is to stay with friends who live about 15 kms north east outside the city. Last time I took a limo service that was cheaper than that offered by Olay. Despite my having used the service more than once before, despite the young driver having received the location from his boss and my giving him the GPS co-ordinates AND the address in Thai, he had it in his mind that I was going to a hotel near the Dust Resort - and none of my protestations would persuade him that I was going nowhere near there. Attempts to reach his boss were unanswered. Once at the hotel, the driver finally spoke to someone on the phone, but nothing was resolved. Thankfully my friends were not doing anything at that time, So they were inconvenienced by having to drive all the way in to that location to find me and pick me up.

If you are going to a hotel I doubt if you will have this experience. In that particular case I would happily have paid the higher fee, saved a lot of time and avoided intense frustration by using Olay.

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (February 1st, 2017), Moses (February 1st, 2017)

Liked

As a paying customer, you should have stayed on the car until he got you to the right place. If everything else fails, put the coordinates into google maps and let google do the navigation.

Nowadays, I usually know exactly where I'm going and can give directions in Thai if necessary.

But still, one moment of distraction can fuck everything up, like last year when I took taxi from Sathorn to Suvannaphumi, and the driver thought it a good idea to take outer ringroad (south-eastern part), and I didn't question him until it was too late, total about 60 km and 600 Baht.

4. User who gave Like to post:

Moses (February 2nd, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    As a paying customer, you should have stayed on the car until he got you to the right place. If everything else fails, put the coordinates into google maps and let google do the navigation
    In principle I totally agree. But he already had the coordinates for the car's GPS and I had been sitting in the motionless car for more than 15 minutes going slowly crazy! The driver seemed to think I was in the wrong!! I spoke to the company's owner later in the day. He said the driver was new and had not understood the instructions. I told him I found that impossible to believe and I would never use his company again.

6. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (February 2nd, 2017), Moses (February 2nd, 2017)

Liked

For a premium service BKK to Pattaya for 1600 baht for 3 passengers and luggage is a good deal.

8. User who gave Like to post:

Moses (February 10th, 2017)

Liked

4.jpg

Greeting card to visitors of the forum from siamroads.com's driver Olay

http://siamroads.com/olay-driver-bangkok-thailand/
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com