Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Scent of Success

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe M
    " ... Last year, L'Eau D'Issey Pour Homme ... "
    When I originally skimmed quickly through this "grup de parfum" ( mangling at least 2 languages! ) I read "L'Eau de Pussy" . . . and could go no further :blackeye:

Cheers ...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked: 1
    How nice to see Old Spice mentioned - a good modestly priced scent. All the others sounds like a competition of my pong is more expensive than yours as people tout their over expensive - ludicrously so - French eau de toilet. The bottles often cost a lot more than the contents. Still it's a great French con which through the magic of Sales and Marketing is considered sophisticated and refined.

Now for a dab of Roquefort under the f-skin, a splash of eau de Durian behind the ears and I'll attract them like flies - or was that I'll attract flies?
    I hope that my posts will be of use.

Re: Scent

Quote Originally Posted by bing
    ... For the record I still like Old Spice which was the first aftershave I ever owned. I appreciated your responses and will sample some of the other brands on another trip to the mall.
    Reminds me of my first aftershave, 'Denim for Men'. Not sure whether it was the scent or whether it was the advertisement with that hunky guy in the denim shirt that got me hooked! It also brings back memories of 'Hai Karate' aftershave - where each bottle would contain info' on how to defend yourself from the masses of women who would be drawn to you when wearing the scent :geek:

Hands up all you Hai Karate users! Confess your sins!

Re: Priorities

Quote Originally Posted by bing
    Yesterday I went to a Florida beach and spent an afternoon in pondering some of your responses.
    Meanwhile:
    180 people killed on trains in Mumbai
    Israeli air force strike in Gaza
    Fire in Chicago subway system
    Fights in Ukraine parliament

And you were contemplating different smells

:drunken:

Forum's veteran
    Mount Calvary Baptist Church of the Redeemer
    Liked
    Why Edith, I'm surprised you haven't mentioned the scent you're so famous for when you're all dolled up in your finest. Now what's it called again? Now let me think. Oh that's right, Camphor and Mothballs by Ajax. Of yes darling it's soo YOU! :geek:

At the moment I like to wear (dependent on my mood and the time of the day), Higher by Christian Dior nice for lunch, Jaipur Homme, by Boucheron, safe for work, Dolce & Gabbana, for work, Michael for Men, by Michael Kors, for dinner, when on the prowl and for sex. And for the weekend and sleeping at night a discontinued cologne for men from Crabtree & Evelyn, because I like the way it smells and the way it works with fresh crisp linen sheets.

And over the years I've also enjoyed a couple of man scents from the range of Giorgio Beverly Hills.
    JESUS LOVES YOU, yes, even you nancies

Aunty-Speak

Quote Originally Posted by Aunty
    At the moment I like to wear (dependent on my mood and the time of the day), Higher by Christian Dior nice for lunch, Jaipur Homme, by Boucheron, safe for work, Dolce & Gabbana, for work, Michael for Men, by Michael Kors...blah, blah, blah and so on...
    "...dependent on my mood and the time of the day..." That means: if she sobered up enough to drag her rancid arse out of bed and to the drug store--The one with the free samples--before closing time. Otherwise; paper cuts: from those advert-samples found in ladie's magazines...If someone left one lying around, unguarded.
    (And when you see her shaking magazines at Bookazine don't believe her when Ms. Bitch tries to tell you she is practicing her Carmen Miranda act.)

Quote Originally Posted by Aunty
    "when on the prowl and for sex."
    Then why didn't you just make a long story short and say you wear that one all the time?