Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Scent of Success

Several people should use ordinary Listerine first before wearing any posh fragrance.....

Ever Heard of Bee-Balm, Chucky?

Quote Originally Posted by chuckwow
    Several people should use ordinary Listerine first before wearing any posh fragrance.....
    There's Also a Boy-Balm: Skip the 'posh fragrance' and give yourself a rub-down with a thousand-baht-note.

Horny, Pearl, tried fly-paper.

Liked: 1

Gay Thailand pongs?

It would be nice to know if there are any really excellent Thai fragrances. TIME Asia gave laurels to:
    Best Bespoke Potions Award: Lemongrass House, Phuket, Thailand
    By Cynthia Rosenfeld

Posted Monday, May 15, 2006; 20:00 HKT
    If you want to smell like no one else, try mixing a selection from the more than 90 natural scents at Phuket's Lemongrass HouseтАФa small, bamboo-lined shop across from Surin beach in Phuket. There's everything from extract of anchan (a Thai flower better known for the violet food coloring it yields) to ylang-ylang (a fragrant oil distilled from the flower of a Cananga tree), but if you want to get really adventurous, American owner Bobby Duchowny will gladly oblige. He once created a bacon room spray (used by a hotel to lure guests to breakfast) and a body wrap made from Godiva chocolate, sake, Dead Sea mud and 24-karat gold flakes. Duchowny's skills aren't limited to arresting scentsтАФhe's made a natural insecticide to help organic farmers in Thailand, and Lemongrass House produces a nourishing range of spa products based on its signature blend of jojoba, sweet almond and vitamin E. But he loves a challenge, and encourages individual customers to experiment "with what smells and feels good to you." Champagne and dollar bills anyone?

Humm! I never heard of an American 'nose'. I did have a room spray by Lemongrass once and it was Lemongrass scent and was very good and frightened the mozzies away.

LMTU - http://www.flowers2thailand.com/search/ ... c=perfumes for internet shopping.

It might be nice to know what Thai guys really like in a scent.
    I hope that my posts will be of use.

I bow to Ediths nostrils.

Duty free - cool water - here i come!

Quote Originally Posted by bucknaway
    I am given many compliments when I am in Thailand on my scent.
    By whom - a pack of sniffing soi dogs?

Liked
    My bf has a good 'nose' for fragrences... and currently has a wardrobe of some 15 varieties. He likes to try as many as he can persuade me to buy, and ever practical, prefers those with a concentrated fragrence that doesn't wear off too quickly. So from his Thai perspective, his top favourites are Jean Paul Gautier ~ the one in the bottle shaped like a torso, and Burberry ~ I asked which one, and he said 'all'. Gucci's Envy also meets with high approval.
    Dick

Liked
    Latest favourites: Alfred Sung's 'HEI' ( gushing compliments from older women on this one :blackeye: ) and Michel Germain's 'DEAUVILLE' ( don't use much, this puppy is strong, and lasts ).

I used to like (very much!) Armani's 'SENSI', but some smart ass on this Board let me in on the secret that it was a ladie's 'perfum' :cheers: . Looked closer and so it bloody-well was!! (but I still like it ~ and slap it on ocassionaly).

HINT: if you think of yourself as a Fat Bald Old Cunt then I suggest dabbing all of these on more liberally, and avoid overhearing whispers from Thai guys about " ... tom pla ...".

Smell "nice" guys ... and cheers
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

This year's hits were Versace Man, Eau Fraiche and Ermenegildo Zegna, Z Zegna. The former having great lasting power in the hot and humid of Hollywood. Got a number of "I like" from several young friends.

Last year, L'Eau D'Issey Pour Homme, Issey Miyake got the "can I have" from the BF.

Sigh........

Quote Originally Posted by Joe M
    L'Eau D'Issey Pour Homme, Issey Miyake
    I hear that a lot: "`lo, Dizzy!"

Liked

Scent

Yesterday I went to a Florida beach and spent an afternoon in pondering some of your responses. After the beach I stopped at a mall and sprayed on a bit of Pleasures for Men. and also a dab of Aramis on the other wrist. Both are very pleasing. I was reminded that last September while enjoying the night life of Pattaya, I was enjoying a spray bottle of Drakkar Noir. Before going out for the evening I would hold it about 10 inches from my upper shirt and give a little spray. I took in my pocket with me and if one of the Thai guys mentioned he liked the scent I would offer him a spray on upper chest. They all seemed to like it, but I am aware that I was paying for the drink so it is possible the boss is always right. It was fun thing to do. Perhaps you might like to bring some with you. A word of caution is perhaps in order, I also agree that a bit of scent goes a long way. It is not pleasing to anyone to have splashed on so much that you reek. I too would like to use a calbash, on one who offends with a super abundance of any scent, whether it is of the finest quality or not. I started this thread with a mention of Pasha by Cartier, it is a fine cologne but tore up a $100.00 to get it. For the record I still like Old Spice which was the first aftershave I ever owned. I appreciated your responses and will sample some of the other brands on another trip to the mall.