Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scent of Success

Liked

Scent of Success

Every once in a while someone will opine on what is considered a nice scent to wear in a warm climate. I was encouraged by a friend to get some Cartier Pasha. I think it is great. Anyone else come across a nice fragrance.

I'm not into blokes who wear scent and I sometimes feel asthmatic when I'm sat next to a woman with a strong perfume. I say to them That's a strong pong - can I match it with one of my farts :blackeye:
    But seriously guys, it is a bloody liberty when someone comes into a bar wearing a strong smelly scent specially if they then complain about guys smoking.
    I'm all in favor of a boy wearing an underarm deoderant to cut down on the BO but some of these perfumes ar just plain overpowering. They should be banned if smoking is banned too.

Liked
    I wear pleasures for men. I am given many compliments when I am in Thailand on my scent.
    These are the good'ol days

Favourites

Dollce & Gabbana - 'For Men'
    Christian Dior - 'Eau Savage - Extreme' - an oldy but a goody!
    Calvin Klein - 'Obsession - For Men' - can't help it, still one of my faves!

In Pattaya I actually tend to test all those roadside, cheap, copy, knockoff stall colognes and buy the one I like - they never really resemble the original but some do smell halfway decent. I never spray it directly onto my skin though as much rashiness could ensue, spray it on your shirt a little before getting dressed, leaves a nice pong and also helps to iron out any creases.

As for underarms, I've actuallly taken to patting on a little talc. Some of the roll-ons can leave marks on clothes and be a little wet for me, whereas talc smells nice and keeps you dry.

Good Housekeeping tip for the day!

Not much for that overpowering smell of success.

I must agree with Bethnal. An overpowering smell of perfume on either a man or a woman makes my head spin. A hint of almost any perfume is usually okay. Bing, my favorite cologne is Aramis.

GUCCi - Envy for evening wear.

Guaranteed to turn a few heads.

I rarely wear fragrance, but when I do it's Davidoff's Cool Water, and I get many compliments on it, which frustrates me as it means I must be wearing too much. I want just a *hint* of fragrance not a full-on aroma across the table.

Also, along this line, I am frustrated at not being able to find (a) UNSCENTED deodorant/antiperspirant and (b) non "cooling," but lightly herbal scented talcum powder. Tesco used to carry the entire Palmolive line of herbal-scented products (talcum, body soap, handsoap) like Lavender, but they no longer carry the talc. Those "cooling" talcum powders always make me feel *wet* not *cool* and kinda defeat the purpose.

Same-same.

I like Cool Water. I think a lot of num can pick out the scent because they like it too.
    Also popular (With num.) is Eternity Summer 2006 by Calvin Klien. Rather 'one-note' but smells wonderful on some people; on others, like 2006 Cat's-in-Heat Summer Kitty-Litter..

Rather 'one-note' but smells wonderful on some people; on others, like 2006 Cat's-in-Heat Summer Kitty-Litter..
    One reason I've kept with Cool Water is that it doesn't go "sour" on me. My body chemistry does something to most other colognes that is not pleasant...

I had thought the reason num liked Cool Water was that it wasn't very common.

Pearl Will Tell You; If I wear It...It's "Common."

Quote Originally Posted by bkk gwm
    [I had thought the reason num liked Cool Water was that it wasn't very common.
    I've had a couple ask me to bring it and several others sniff and say, "Oh-oh; Cool Water."

On the cheap side; the Body Splash(s)--About a dozen flavors--at Bath & Body Works.
    My favorite is Cotton. Smells like a num's fresh (But lightly worn.) cotton bikini briefs. :drunken:
    When at home, I spray it on my bed pillows--Is that sad, or what?