Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Yupins january thread

Liked

Yupins january thread

Yupin Marsh <yupin@yupins.com>

Hi,

Well it has been and still is a very busy 'High Season" for us and for everyone around here I think.
    Especially in our local area of Jomtien, we are seeing a terrific surge of customers from all over the world.
    Jomtien is benefitting from being slightly apart from the frenetic and expensive and noisy and traffic jammed Pattaya.
    I think quite a few holiday makers and residents prefer to walk to a good restaurant now rather than the longish baht bus trip to town every evening.
    This is good news of course for us, we love to see everyone when they arrive in Thailand and often the night before they leave.
    So many of you are very kind in your comments about our food and service, it is very heartening and motivating to our improvement!

The weather has been rather interesting, most especially for the flowers and plants in the front of our terrace, who have received rather a lot of unseasonal water from above!!
    Very unusual of course, and also very unusual is the drought that at the same time has dried up our kitchen taps for weeks on end.
    So, welcome to the mini whales, pickup trucks converted to water carriers/tankers that visit us nearly every evening to top up our large storage tanks upstairs.
    These welcome businessmen are benefitting from the ongoing conundrum of too much rain and no water! Without their service, we would be having a big problem.
    It is costing us about $500 per month, and with about maybe 5000 (at a guess, maybe more) bars and restaurants and hotels in Pattaya, they should soon be choosing the colour of their new Mercedes!!
    Very good luck to them. And Hello to the city council.

At this busy time, we concentrate on quality and consistency of the dishes that come from the kitchen, and not so much from introducing new dishes, which is best left to the slower time of year.
    However, I did discover the existence of a lovely sauce to go with salads and fish, which uses wasabi as an ingredient. It is a wasabi mayonnaise, very mild and delicious, thankfully our customers agree and love it.

Some odd news is, I have had some supply problems from our major food supplier, as they have been taken over by CP, who is an upstream supplier/manufacturer, obviously in a mood to expand vertically, which has resulted in the loss of some brands that we use a lot. They also have taken this opportunity to put prices up a lot, to compete with the existing supermarkets, which of course is a complete change of direction as they are Pattaya's only large wholesale supplier. Very odd and only possible because there is no competition in wholesale supply. Nature abhors a vacuum so perhaps a new supplier will appear soon!!

Tomorrow is a big day for Thailand as it is Chinese New Year, so I wish you
    SIN JIA U E SINEE HUAD CHAI !!!
    So there. We will be setting off lots of bangers to get the attention of the Gods for our wishes for the new year of the ROOSTER, and giving the Gods lots of good food to eat and drink, Pigs Face, Pork Belly, Whisky, Cigarettes, Fruit, Coke, and so on. and Lots of flowers too. OUr car gets attention with flowers on the front and prayers for safety. Our condo gets prayers also for our passed away relatives, all of them, and the restaurant gets lots of attention too, lot of loud bangs. come and see, sometime in the morning to midday. !! All welcome, no charge.5555

Mr Yupin tells me he has introduced some new wines to the list;
    1/. a Sauvignon Blanc from Marlborough New Zealand; Yealands Estate, this is a very characterful SB, and delicious.
    2/. A Sancerre, Sauvion, 2013, which shows all the good traits of the familiar Sancerre wines of the Loire. A delightful crisp, acidic wine with a cats pee overtone.
    3/. A Robt Mondavi Zinfandel red wine, California, not tried it yet but should be good.

So there you have it all,

Happy New Year all you Roosters, wealth, health and happiness to you!

Love from Yupin xxx

yupin@yupins.com

www.facebook.com/yupinsrestaurant

I have deleted the reference to the photos as I cannot post them

Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked

Re: Yupins january thread

Nothing about Mr Yupins him-self mind you, but, baring the word " Hi ", our dearest Lonely Boy has now passed over 'information-giver' and segued into the annoying Land O' Touts.
    The entire thread is a cut&paste of a Yupins press release . . . with The Wombat now not even bothering to add a few original lines of his own. There's gotta be a few free dinners in there somewhere. (I shall not be crude ~ though tempted ~ and think about free blowjobs rather than free dinners as that would be Trumpish).
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

3. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (January 30th, 2017)

Liked

While copy/past isn't art of posting, post is news. These who don't want to read will skip, these who like - they will read. Yupin is restaurant in gay area - Jomtien complex, so information is relevant to forum.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

5. 2 Users gave Like to post:

lonelywombat (January 28th, 2017), sglad (January 28th, 2017)

Liked

Smiles ruined his forum and sold it. He has been a constant critic here since of others who post information that might not suit him.
    He has become bitter and objects to any info that he disagrees with.
    Why does he not learn to shut up and let the forum progress without his interference?

7. User who gave Like to post:

Smiles (January 28th, 2017)

Liked

why not post about other resturants in the gay area too,
    you might get more free meals ahhahahaha

9. User who gave Like to post:

frequent (January 29th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by paperboy View Post
    why not post about other resturants in the gay area too,
    you might get more free meals ahhahahaha
    That might be of interest to you , but he does not know me or my name and I do not accept freebies. You remarks onYuppies are interesting.
    Re: Strangest thing you've ever eaten.
    the strangest thing for me was, last year in jomtein. in yupins resturant, still dont know what it was, wasnt what i orderd

Re: Yupins Xmas function
    And, by the way, for someone like me who, despite visiting LOS regularly for more than 20 years, still hasn't developed a taste for Thai food, Yupins does provide a cheap'n'cheerful - if bland -.

January 2nd, 2010, 23:09
    Thread: hotel what u think???
    by paperboy

Re: hotel what u think???

thanks everyone
    so the hotel is ok, good, but would you recomend another hotel closer or nicer than that 1. its my first time comming to thialand and pattya so looking for ...

Re: Yupins Xmas function
    cheap and cheerfull its not
    been twice in all my visits
    for what you get its not cheep
    i dont know why they promote this resturante

Liked

and your point is ?????????
    your like a arse hole farting
    full of shit

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by paperboy View Post
    and your point is ????????? your like a arse hole farting, full of shit
    Slightly crude but you may have hit a nail head. No one has been able to actually decipher a Lonely Wombat post since 2004.
    Come to think about it, perhaps that's the reason he sticks to cut-&-pastes.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

I think Wombats posts on Yupins are done with the best of intentions. However, because he himself is such an unpopular curmudgeonly old grump it probably has a detrimental effect as members equate Wombat with Yupins.

Liked

Food is a non-issue for me, I eat along the road wherever and whenever I feel hungry. Reading "Yupins" in the title and "lonelywombat" as author, I would have skipped this thread. But 6 replies can't be all about the food, so I had a look, and I wasn't disappointed!

15. User who gave Like to post:

paperboy (January 30th, 2017)