Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Dodgers Trip Report

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: Dodgers Trip Report

Fountainhall. We're really not comparing Pattaya with Singapore here. One is a former fishing village and now a tourist destination and one is a city state and the crown jewel of Asia.. We're comparing Pattaya with other main tourist destinations. And by the way, gay sex in Singapore is still technically illegal and technically can get you a dose of the ratan so.......

Sglad wrote:
    "What is it called and is it a chain with branches elsewhere in Thailand? I like Wawee Coffee but there are plenty of no-name coffee places around where I live with coffee just as good and cheaper too. But I find Wawee more comfortable for personal and study time."

It's not a chain, well not really although there are a few about. It's the coffee shop at the top of the mountain on Pratamnak Hill. A coffee there as the sun sets and you prepare for a night out in the fleshpots is simply pure pleasure. I've sat there and watched three species of squirrel dart about through the trees. The coffee is excellent and costs about 40 baht.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtRh...4&spfreload=10

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    We're really not comparing Pattaya with Singapore here.
    I perfectly understand that. My point is very simple. You give lots of reasons for visiting Pattaya. With respect you view these from your western perspective and from someone of your age (younger then me, I'm certain!) - as indeed do I, although I come to different conclusions. If you look at them from the perspective of a young Asian, like sglad and the young Taiwanese guys of roughly similar age I hosted last weekend, however, those attractions are really not much of an attraction - the more so if you have similar and often better attractions on your home turf! Why would you visit Pattaya for water sports, a superb cinema or partying when you can have all that and a helluvalot more back in Singapore?

Similarly with a coffee shop. I often see squirrels from my window here in Bangkok (although I have no idea how many species). As you can tell all over Asia, a student visiting a coffee shop is less likely to do so to watch squirrels and far more likely to chat with friends or to study!

And yes, gay sex may be illegal under the notorious Section 377A of the Singapore Penal Code. However, as any regular visitor knows perfectly well, Singapore is one of the cruisiest cities in Asia and there is a great deal of sex to be had there if you are looking for it. There are gay bars and saunas for those so inclined. Plus the Prime Minister is on record as saying that whilst the law will not be repealed, it will not be acted on.

Liked

With all due respect Fountainhall you have no idea what a 24 year old student does or doesn't like. I think the things I mentioned are pretty much enjoyed universally. The squirrels were part of the overall picture I was painting so a little childish to focus on that as one can still chat with friends. What's it to you if anyone goes there and has a coffee?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I suggest you are making a considerable leap of judgement there, arsenal. I have quite a lot of gay friends in their mid 20s or so living in various parts of Asia. I happen to chat with them quite a lot and several visit me. On the basis of what these guys like to do when they are in Thailand, I suggested that -

Quote Originally Posted by fountainhall View Post
    like sglad and the young Taiwanese guys of roughly similar age I hosted last weekend
    - none would be interested in Pattaya specifically for the various reasons you outlined. And I absolutely stand by that. As you imply in your post, older guys have quite different interests from those of much younger guys. That's only natural. Pattaya has a certain attraction for quite a large group of older, some retired expats and western visitors. Also some Chinese tour groups and visiting Arabs. But since you suggest that I am wrong, with equal respect what information do you have to prove that you are correct? How many mid-20s non-Thai Asian students do you regularly see on your visits to Pattaya?
    Last edited by fountainhall; January 10th, 2017 at 13:59.