Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: It feels good to say goodbye ...

Liked

It feels good to say goodbye ...

When the day is boiling hot at mid-day and walking around under the vicious sun I must obey my Dermatologist who insists that I never go out without at least a light jacket. Young hi-so ladies down from Bangkok for a few days walk around here with kitschy umbrellas ~ parasols if you will ~ great flappy hats and attitude a-plenty , but that's not my kettle of fish so from 1-4 pm I'm essentially grounded, happy to wash the underwear or clean the floors whilst the old man hangs out with his customers on the wide and windy beaches at Prachuap Khiri Khan, or the steep cliffs of Pala-U waterfalls.

What better than to throw aside the Hoover for an hour or so and watch a movie. I have Netflix here, but although the quantity of films is prodigeous the pickings often leave me cold as I browse through the Ninja Warriors (1~8) or the eyeball-rolling concept of having to sit through one or the other of 23 editions of the god-awful Harry Potter saga. Just shoot me.

Anyway . . . today I chose a Thai movie on YouTube (with the usual iffy English subtitles). This choice may horrify you ~ it does for me a lot of the time ~ but I actually hit on a decent one: a Thai gay movie with the ubiquitous teenagers in school shorts (blue, brown, black take yer pick) and white shirts and fat girls in badly fitted skirts.
    This genre is well known by most farangs as they skip forward looking desperately for the sex scenes, only to be somewhat disappointing in the quest where our horny desires bumps up against the woefully authoritarian Thailand censors.
    But, all is not lost on this movie. The two main characters (Chai and Aek) are 18 years handsome and have a terrifically successful 'feel' for each other. The story line is 10 minutes tacked onto the beginning and the ending, and the 100 minutes in between being all flashback. Yes, it's a long movie which, after much attempting, pulls one in quite well, and I began to enjoy the length.
    Although the sex scenes (only two) were typically restrained they were erotic/tender enough and the last one close to the end of the movie has a strangely sexy scene ~ which works ~ showing nothing at all but winding legs and feet.

Watch "Feel Good To Say Goodbye" and you might well find yourself being drawn in enjoying this film. Certainly no masterpiece, certainly somewhat cliche-ish and derivative of many another school-boy gay movie (there's a million of 'em), certainly a bit slow at times, and certainly it is not "Looking For Leonardo"
    I enjoyed the two hours ... you may as well.

On YouTube hi def:

Last edited by Smiles; December 22nd, 2016 at 13:52.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

2. 5 Users gave Like to post:

BonTong (December 23rd, 2016), Brad the Impala (December 22nd, 2016), christianpfc (December 23rd, 2016), fedssocr (December 26th, 2016), steveky (January 4th, 2017)

Liked

Re: It feels good to say goodbye ...

Smiles, thanks for the URL.
    I thought I had watched most for the Boy Love TV Series and Movies, but I had not found this one.
    For those that are interested, here is the URL for a web site that lists many many BL shows and movies.
    It is even Clickable to go to the video.
    http://fuckyeahboyxboy.tumblr.com/po...bl-dramamovies
    ENJOY!!!

4. User who gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (December 30th, 2016)

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Are there a disproportionate number of schoolboy falls in love with schoolboy movies in Thailand compared to other countries? It appears that way to me, and I wonder what the reason is. Perhaps the perception is skewed by many technical college students still wearing shorts and therefore appearing younger than they are.

Liked

I am not an expert but I think it is several things.
    Thai Girls seem to have a thing for Gay Boys. Maybe it is the Fag-Hag Complex???
    And Thailand certainly seems more open to same sex love; both males and females.
    Many BL Series are shown on Cable Channels, not Public Broadcast Channels. So there is more latitude with what they can show. Still it seldom goes beyond a sweet kiss or maybe two guys in bed or horsing around.
    Other Countries like China have BL TV but the shows are heavily censored. Some are even produced and then cannot be shown on Broadcast Channels. They get posted on the web.
    And other Countries have a BIG problem with any Gay Shows; ie, Malaysia and Indonesia and even Singapore.
    What do others think???
    GWMin US

Liked

"No Touching at all"

As long as some here are in the mood, here's a much better acted and a more sophisticated film than one with a never-ending barrage of 16-to-18-looking Thai boys in school blue shorts to look at.
    A Japanese story of lookin' for love in offices in Tokyo's tall buildings. Smelly cigarette smoke and too-many-beers are enough to make a shy ~ painfully so ~ Shimo become intrigued by his older out-going boss.

Something about this film made go back a couple of times to watch again (normally rare for me), and I rather fell for ~ on celluloid ~ the two performances, but especially the older guy.

English Subtitles.

Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

8. 2 Users gave Like to post:

fountainhall (January 1st, 2017), steveky (January 4th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Thanks Smiles. I, too, really enjoyed that movie. So typical of Japan and the Japanese with lots of pauses during conversations and difficulty in saying exactly what they mean. My only problem with it was I doubt Shima could have afforded an apartment like that! Cinematic licence no doubt!

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Slow beginning, but enjoyed it, AK47 would hate it, no balls in the face etc.

Liked

Yes, I'm not into subtlety. I want them in the mouth.