Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Poppers in Pattaya

Liked

Re: Poppers in Pattaya

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    That explains a lot about some of our 82yo members
    Humpty Dumpy, I bet you wish you could return to be 82yo and be fit again.
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

frequent (September 30th, 2018), Patanawet (October 1st, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    I don't know what your background in chemistry is Moses and I'm not saying you are right or wrong, but would accept any verdict on the composition/formula from ChristianPFC - after all, it's his field of expertise.

What I can insist on is that there is (for me) a marked difference in effect (and side-effects) between the butyl nitrite commonly and widely sold as poppers and pharmaceutical grade Amyl Nitrite (which you can't easily buy). I have obviously tried both so I know the difference in effect (no headache, coughing etc., and a superior "rush" with the Amyl)

What I will concede is that (as you say) it may or may not be whether it's the Butyl or the Amyl which makes the difference - it may be the grade, of the product - with the cheap Butyl Nitrite products being manufactured to a lesser standard and under far less stringent conditions
    Moses is right. The active part is the nitrite, and the amyl, butyl, isobutyl, isoamyl, isopropyl or cyclohexyl are of lesser importance and mainly influence boiling point / volatility.

I have no personal experience with poppers, but I know the smell of the pure chemical. The few times I witnessed others using poppers, there was smell of decomposition products.

As far as I can judge, the problem is stretching the active ingredient (with any low smell, high boiling oil) and decomposition. Nitrites are unstable and decompose slowly at ambient temperature.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
    I'm a popper virgin (after all these years) so I don't know much about them. But ... Butyl Nitrite? Isn't Butyl the active ingredient in a fucking cigarette lighter!!? And isn't Nitrates (an almost twin brother of Nitrites) the active ingredient in goddamn homemade bombs, one of which brought down a Federal government skyscraper in Oklahoma City??

What are you dudes DOING??? Bunch'a weirdos.
    Butane is the substance in lighters.

Nitrates and nitrites, one letter can make a huge difference, like in aunt and cunt.

5. 3 Users gave Like to post:

francois (October 6th, 2018), paborn (October 5th, 2018), scottish-guy (October 5th, 2018)

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    Nitrates and nitrites, one letter can make a huge difference, like in aunt and cunt.
    According to this article, "once we consume them, nitrates are converted to nitrites in our digestive system". Not quite the same as aunts becoming cunts? https://www.mnn.com/food/healthy-eat...s-and-nitrites

Liked

You're not supposed to eat your aunts.
    This is the prerogative of the tribesmen in the hinterland of Papua New Guinea.

Liked

...The few times I witnessed others using poppers, there was smell of decomposition...
    I'd suggest that particular smell may have been emanating from the farang users rather than from the product.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

...to quote Ronald...there u go again....

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    I'd suggest that particular smell may have been emanating from the farang users rather than from the product.

No. First, it were Thai boys who were using Poppers. Second, I know the smell of the decomposition products (alcohols and aldehydes derived from the nitrites) as laboratory chemicals and they match the smell of decomposed Poppers.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    According to this article, "once we consume them, nitrates are converted to nitrites in our digestive system". Not quite the same as aunts becoming cunts? https://www.mnn.com/food/healthy-eat...s-and-nitrites
    This article is about inorganic nitrates / nitrites.
    Organic nitrites (Poppers) behave differently, by releasing Nitrogen Monoxide.

12. User who gave Like to post:

Moses (October 7th, 2018)

Banned
    Liked

This article is about inorganic nitrates / nitrites. Organic nitrites (Poppers) behave differently, by releasing Nitrogen Monoxide.
    Is that the same as organic vegetables? https://futurism.com/organic-gmo-food-myths
    ... and they match the smell of decomposed Poppers.
    And unwashed socks