Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: A few days on a nice beach

Liked

Re: A few days on a nice beach

Yes I'm well aware of that but as you say, it's very difficult. I mean, his posts are just hilarious.

Speaking of which.......

Latin, remember the tine you told us you had flown from Amsterdam to Bangkok via Copenhagen, and a member called gaydenmark disputed your post, pointing out that the flight you said you took had been discontinued months earlier?

Here's one of gaydenmark's posts on that thread - July Trip Notes:
    Now back to my questions.

1. "Landed in BKK on Friday afternoon on SAS."
    I asked how this was possible, when SAS is not flying into BKK this time of the year.

2. Then you answer and admit that you did not landed on SAS but on Thai.
    "ohdear...silly me...yes took sas from Amsterdam to Copenhagen and hopped onto Thai..."

3. I the same sentence you write
    "took me 12 hours in total"

4. I gave an example, that it not possible to make that trip in 12 hours total

5. then you admit it was not in total, "and I didnt count transfer time...just actual up in the air" and call me picky.

Now I will tell you, why I am "picky" about this.
    It is because it tells me much about you as a person, I think I have caught you in a lie or to be nice in a big fantasy (flight) trip.
    It also tells me, that most of your other posts are made out of fairytales, written in front of the computer.

Next time, you try to write something as hard facts, please at least try do your homework first.
    His post brings into question all that flying you say you have done.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

oh Lord...its so comically easy to wind u up...and set u free to thrashing and frothing dementedly at the mouth...u gotta cut back on the red meat....

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Interesting discussion on airline miles. The several programmes I have been in have all had expiry dates, usually 3 years, and I have lost only a handful of miles by not spending on time - or when an airline has gone bust. But my losses were tiny - one friend in Sydney lost 370,000 miles when Ansett went belly up!

Most of the 4 million or more miles I racked up over a 25 year period were on 3 main airlines - Northwest for trans-Pacific (mandated by my company but I got the miles), BA and Cathay. I spent the Northwest miles on a stack of biz class tickets to Europe on KLM when those 2 airlines had an alliance. Cathay was originally in the Passages programme along with Singapore and Malaysian before that was disbanded and SIA and Cathay joined Star and OneWorld respectively. On OneWorld I always had a balance of around 600,000 but spent each year before any expired.

Miles and More does indeed permit miles to be extended with one flight every 20 months and appears to be unique in that respect. However, that programme has no airline flying to Australia. Skyteam was the last of the major allliances to be formed in 2000. Interestingly, though, neither Skyteam's Air France nor KLM fly to Australia, so getting mileage tickets to Europe requires changing airlines somewhere. Also, the only Skyteam members flying to Oz are 3 Chinese airlines, Garuda, Vietnam and Korean.

And that poses a problem because traditionally any one airline in an alliance offers seats to its own mileage members long before partner airlines do so. For example, I can never redeem Cathay Pacific miles on Qantas for a Bangkok/Sydney flight no matter how far in advance I try to book. Whilst CX opens booking for its members about 350 days in advance, Qantas only opens to non-Qantas FFs about 6 months in advance. And by then the handful of mileage ticket seats on the daily QF flight have always been grabbed.

Perhaps its easier on Miles and More to get a China Eastern/KLM flight from Oz to Europe. I really have no idea. But changing airlines en route must be a bind!

The other point mileage collectors should note is that the reason all mileage programmes are changing fast and making it much more difficult to obtain and spend miles is the number of outstanding miles in existence. Last year CNBC estimated there were a total of 20 trillion outstanding miles. Not only will it take many decades for these to be used up, the outstanding balance has to be carried on some airlines' balance sheets.

Meanwhile more and more new frequent flyers join the programmes. Most experts say the best advice is to spend now - and not wait. For that ticket which now costs 100,000 miles will soon cost 250,000 or more! Indeed many programmes have introduced Priority Awards which will sting you with at least double miles. At least that will give you a chance of a ticket. With a Standard Award you are at the back of a very long queue!

4. User who gave Like to post:

Moses (December 15th, 2016)

Liked

Fountainhall: A nice post with plenty of interesting information. However I suspect that none of it will have any genuine relevance for Sexual Deviant Latin.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I brought out a number of issues only because Sexually Deviant had written about being a member of Miles and More and the AF/KLM programme. Zipping off to Europe using those miles when neither airline actually serves Australia is no piece of cake. As for extending all miles with just one flight every 20 months that's easily discovered with supreme ease on google,

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    ..I'm simply delighted that a447's total lack of awareness as to how one accumulates airline frequent flyer points exposes his life as an international bon vivant as a total sham...lol..

Lol, indeed!

Latin, I would have thought it was the exact opposite. An "international bon-vivant" would hardly need to rely on points to travel. Such a person could just fork out the cold cash and buy a ticket, don't you think?

Latin, you've been well and truly exposed yet again. Not only do you have fantasy holidays where you do fantasy things to the fantasy guys, you also fly on fantasy airlines using fantasy frequent flyer points!

Congratulations. You've outdone yourself.

Fucking hilarious!

Liked

I am definitely a bon vivant and I do have fantastic holidays where I do fantastic things to fantastic guys whereas Sexual Deviant Latin is more of a voyeur.

Liked

Good for you! That's how it should be. Life is way too short.

10. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (December 15th, 2016)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

fountainhall....u got it all mixed up......Thai airlines is a member of star alliance (miles and more is lufthansa's name for its frequent flyer clu), lufthansa is a star alliance member , consequently Im able to book award trips on ANY star alliance member airline which is why I was able to fly amsterdam to sydney on SAS and Thai airlines via scandanavia and BKK.
    So to put it in plain english...my company pays for my airline tickets...I get the points on my FF card...I can then use these points to book flights on ANY airline which is part of the same alliance...there are very few places which are unreachable.
    Same with sky team, even though Im a member of the KLM flying blue club I can book award flights on ANY sky team member like korean air or malaysia.
    a447...u really are a pathetic joke...so because I flew to BKK via scandanavia with the european leg on SAS and the long haul on Thai airlines and made a mistake (it happens...Im human) u pathetically pounce on it as PROOF that I must be a liar and that all my posts are too. Go get a life...or better still get some meds.

Liked

so because I flew to BKK via scandanavia with the european leg on SAS and the long haul on Thai airlines and made a mistake (it happens...Im human) u pathetically pounce on it as PROOF that I must be a liar and that all my posts are too
    Yes, it is very remiss of me to just point out the one 'mistake " and declare you a liar based on that single incident.

I must go and look for other examples.

Lol