Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: A few days on a nice beach

Liked

Re: A few days on a nice beach

Haha, a short ride to the pier. The Name of the gay bar is Silver Sand Bar. The gay beach is just in front of the bar to the south.

2. User who gave Like to post:

scottish-guy (December 10th, 2016)

Liked

Ok, good info

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    Is this a James Bond kind of mini bus or what?
    you are getting confused, the James Bond mini bus goes to James Bond Island from Phuket - and yes you do have to have a "golden gun" but I am not sure if that is to get on to the island or to get off ...

bkkguy

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
    ...Ban Krut...
    An oddly idiosyncratic Buddhist temple (Wat Tong Chai) sits high up on a hill and is a must see even if you are not a temple-seeker kinda guy.
    Smiles is probably referring to Phra Mahathat Chedi Phakdee Prakat พระมหาธาตุเจดีย์ภักดีประกาศ, a spectacular place (judging by pictures, I haven't been), where the ashes of the late king will be placed.

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
    Right on the beach, it provides bicycles for free if you wish to ride the length of the beach (about 15-20 K).
    "Riding a bicycle on sand" is what I compared my work in chemical research in universities to, and now compare my dating Thai boys to. Alternatively "running in knee-deep water".

I'm not a beach person, but for proximity to Bangkok I would have a look at Bang Saen (long beach popular with Thai, I estimate 20,000 - twenty thousand !- beach chairs by multiplying rows and columns and concessions, and some spots for sightseeing as well, ask for details), or Koh Si Chang (not to be confused with Koh Chang), some spots for sightseeing, ask for details.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    Smiles is probably referring to Phra Mahathat Chedi Phakdee Prakat พระมหาธาตุเจดีย์ภักดีประกาศ, a spectacular place (judging by pictures, I haven't been), where the ashes of the late king will be placed.
    Yes, Tong Chai is the name of the hill where the wat has been built.
    Are you sure the ashes of the late King will be placed there ? If true, that will be the end of the quiet and secluded Ban Krut that we know, as so many thais will come here in pilgrimage.
    More on my blog at : llz.blogspot.com

Liked

Ah, Christian.
    The bike ride of course is on the pavement, not the bloody sand!
    There is a small road which follows the beach from the temple hill on the north end to the outskirts of Bang Saphan on the south end. I guess I just assumed that the smarter dudes reading the post would get that.

As for the temple, it may well be the mountain's name, but the temple itself is called Wat Tang Sai. It is also commonly called by Thais and tourists alike as Wat Tong Chai. Phra mahaha chedi is not the name of the temple, but is one of the chedis on the grounds.
    I doubt very much that the late king ashes will be placed at Wat Tong Chai. The temple is not old, has very little history, and is far away from Bangkok. The ashes will end up sometime next year in one of the main buildings at the Grand Palace for a time, until the final resting is decided on.
    Last edited by Smiles; December 11th, 2016 at 12:17.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Forum's veteran
    Liked

...smiles...actually I was being genuine...on the map it looks two skips and a hop from malaysia...besides I dont really know how far north the southern states insurgency reaches...to date being an unabashed sex tourist I've limited myself to BKK and Pats where plentiful cheap arse is to be had.....
    However I do have oodles of airline points and occasionally like to gift my brother and his wife and their 2 kids the occasional cheap tickets to somewhere nice...theyve done Bali and Phuket already..on my account...so was looking for something else....but never mind I've gleamed enough from this post .....

Liked

You "gift" FOUR (presumably long-haul) seats - and you do this "occassionally", all from airline points?

I find that really hard to believe - by my reckoning you'd need to be flying long-haul Biz/First class about every 2 months and paying every business and household bill with airline branded credit cards.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I have 1.7 million flying blue points and 1.3 million miles&more points. And yes I did fly a lot up until a year ago, was based in Amsterdam and did a long trip every 6 weeks or so, and at least 2 short (under 2 hours) trips in between....paid everything (hotels, meals & car rentals) with my amex card which accumulated flying blue points.
    Now I fly long haul every 3 months or so...not so good where my frequent flyer status is concerned but much better for my health.
    As stated previously, Im an auditor, by the very nature of my job have to visit facilities to audit...comes with the job...very nice when auditing Thailand/Brazil...not so nice when its India/Nigeria.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    ....paid everything (hotels, meals & car rentals) with my amex card which accumulated flying blue points.

As stated previously, Im an auditor, by the very nature of my job have to visit facilities to audit...comes with the job...very nice when auditing Thailand/Brazil...not so nice when its India/Nigeria.

Yes, and as you also stated previously when you appeared on the board with this fanciful "I'm an auditor" story, the company paid for your flights and first-class hotel accommodation. Remember?

So how could you collect flying points?? You never used your an amex card!

Oh, and just a quick reminder - you are no longer an auditor. You've moved to Australia with a new job. You threw that jet-setting lifestyle away. Remember?? All for a 'small" payrise.

Lol

12. User who gave Like to post:

llz (December 13th, 2016)